Author Topic: The X Factor US: Season 1 - SEASON OVER!  (Read 50485 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor-US Season 1
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »
And the "random" assigning of groups to judges went just as I predicted :lol:

SIMON COWELL: Girls
PAULA ABDUL: Groups
L.A. REID: Boys
NICOLE SCHERZINGER: Over 30s

The next two weeks will be the judges house stage. Then the live shows will begin on October 25.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:06:51 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14:17 AM »
Prophet,

Your list is OK as far as the initial choices. However, the X-Factor producers pulled a fast one on us. Count your Groups and you get 6, not the desired 8. The judges did not deem additional groups as worthy. They filled in the last 2 slots by allowing Boys and Girls (who were present in the group of about 67 in much higher numbers than the Over 30s or Groups) to be placed into a mixed group of 10 and a group of 4. At some point we will find out who those groups are.   

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »
I have selected my personal favorites in each category:

Boys - Chris Rene (isn't he at age 31 a bit old to be considered a Boy?)
Girls - Caitlin Koch, Rachel Crow, Melanie Amaro
Over 30s - Leroy Bell (Go, Leroy!), Josh Krajcik, Stacy Francis
Groups - Brewer Boys, Stereo Hogzz (even though L.A. Reid labelled them inconsistent)

I wish them all well. Next week half of each group will be cut by the end of the Wednesday night episode and I bet half again will be cut on Thursday night's episode. That will mean 8 performers, 2 from each group, will continue the training regimen.

I thought Simon Cowell as the mastermind behind X-Factor has been brilliant in providing counseling from vocal coaches, make-up artists, choreographers and stylists. The knowledge learned will be useful to all the competitors.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »
Here are the two formed groups of girls and boys:
Lakoda Rayne (group of 4)
Members: Cari Fletcher, Age: 17, Hometown: Wall Township, NJ; Dani Knights, Age: 22, Hometown: Santa Clarita, CA; Paige Ogle, Age: 18, Hometown: Baltimore, MD; Hayley Orrantia, Age: 17, Hometown: Highland Village, TX. 

InTENsity (group of 10)
Members: Nick Dean, Age: 15, Hometown: Rochester, NY; Francesca Duncan, Age: 17, Resides: Brockport, NY; John Lindahl, Age: 14, Hometown: Travuco Canyon, CA; Emily Michalak, Age: 13, Hometown: Pine Brook, NJ; Arin Ray, Age: 16, Hometown: Cincinnati, OH; Lauren Ashley Redmond, Age: 17, Hometown: Houston, TX, Resides: DeSoto, TX; Ellona Santiago, Age: 15, Hometown: San Lorenzo, CA; Ma’at Bingham Shango, Age: 12, Hometown: Houston, TX; Austin Percario, Age: 15, Hometown: Warren, NJ; Emily Wilson, Age: 15, Hometown: Warren, NJ. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
I am just LOVING this show. There is a lot of talent in the groups but Stacy Francis brought tears to my eyes with her last performance. I was beginning to get upset that they named her last. It was agony waiting for her name to be called. Video here: http://www.thexfactorusa.com/videos/stacy-francis-bootcamp-audition

I also love Rachel Crow, she's a natural entertainer, when she hits the stage, she's ON!

I was surprised that Audrey Taylor didn't make the cut.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
Darn! Baseball over XFactor, it will be a two-hour show tomorrow night, even though it was scheduled to be a two-hour show tonight. How will they catch us up? ???

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
They put out something on their website:

AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES RAIN DELAY
PUSHES START OF “THE X FACTOR” ‘JUDGES’ HOMES’ ROUND TO TOMORROW
NEXT PHASE OF “THE X FACTOR” TO NOW AIR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, AND SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16

Final “Judges’ Homes” Episode Airs Tuesday, October 18

Due to tonight’s rain delay of Game #4 of the American League Championship Series, the start of the highly anticipated “Judges’ Homes” round of THE X FACTOR is postponed until tomorrow, Thursday, Oct. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Part Two of the “Judges’ Homes” round will now air Sunday, Oct. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) (if no ALCS Game #7). As previously announced, the third and final part of the “Judges’ Homes” round will air Tuesday, Oct. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 08:48:37 PM »
I like Caitlin Koch a lot. And I can't wait to see Melanie Amaro again. Those two and Stacy Francis and the Anser may be the best they have.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
The judges opened their villas to the competitors in their assigned category. Simon did so in the south of France (I could not discern precisely where, but likely somewhere on the Cote d'Azur. L.A. Reid did so in Southampton, Paula in Santa Barbara and Nicole in Santa Monica. Each one evaluated the performances of half of their category on last night's telecast. They will do the other half on Sunday 8pm to 10pm EDT (directly competing with Amazing Race 19 and some other outstanding shows). One thing that was notable last night was the total lack of evidence in "mentoring." This was scheduled as a 2 day event, which left no time other than for setup and performances for all in that category.

Each judge did get a sidekick to help them:
Nicole - Pharrelle Williams
Paula - Enrique Iglesias
L.A. - Rihanna (wow!)
Simon - were it not for no flights in and out of New York and other East Coast cities during Hurricane Irene, he revealed that it would have been Mariah Carey (eat your heart out America's Got Talent emcee Nick Cannon did not heave to be jealous); he elected to do this alone

I will list the first half of the performing group for each judge with my ratings of them:

Simon
Simone Battle B+
Drew Rynewicz A-
Caitlin Koch A-
Tora Woloshin A

L.A.
Nick Vose B- (way over the top)
Brian Bradley B+
Skyelor Anderson B+
Philip Lomax B+

Paula
Brewer Boys B (I was disappointed, but 2-part harmony definitely hurt them vs. all larger groups)
4Square A
The Anser A-
Lakoda Rayne B+

Nicole
Elaine Gibbs B-
James Kenny B+
Dexter Haygood B+
Stacy Francis A-

Note that L.A. has a dearth of top talent so far in his category compared to other categories and that Simon indeed has the best talent.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:50:04 PM by apskip »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
I agree with your ratings apskip. I think the winner will come from the girls a la the old days of American Idol. And we haven't even seen Melanie yet.
The boys category is not so good so far, and I can't really remember anyone who is going to help it out.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »
Prophet was right, there is a X-Factor Show tonight, 8/7 PM because of the baseball game on Thursday causing the change. Be sure to check your DVR if  you are taping these.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 01:44:40 PM »
The information on that show stated that the "results show" will be tomorrow at 8pm. That is a shift from the normal times for this show, which are Wednesday and Thursday at 8pm. The World Series will preempt the latter tow date/times. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »
Tomorrow night we find out what the judges decided. However, first you have the opportunity to see my ratings for the second half of the competitors, 4 at each site/judge. I will then in a separate note combine then with my first half to develop what the decisions would be if I were making them.

Simon
Jazzlyn Little A
Rachel Crow A
Tiah Tolliver B
Malanie Amaro A

L.A.
Brennin Hunt B+
Tim Cifers A
Marcus Canty B+
Chris Rene B+

Paula
Stereo Hogzz A-
2Squared B
InTENsity A-
Illusion Confusion B+

Nicole
Josh Krajcik A
Leroy Bell A-
Tiger Budbill B+
Christa Collins A-
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:47:12 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
In the boys category, L.A. Reid and Rihanna had a dearth of talent:
Brennin Hunt
Tim Cifers
It is a 5-way tie for the 3rd and 4th places, with Nick Voss the only one definitely out.

In the Girls category, Simon is blessed with a wealth of talent:
Tara Woloshin
Rachel Crow
Jazzlyn Little
Melanie Amaro

In the Groups category, Paula had good talent:
4Shore
The Anser
InTENsity (good for them as a forced grouping; they blended; Lakoda Rayne with 4 did not manage this as well)
Stereo Hogzz

In the Over 30s Category, there was some good talent:
Josh Krajcik
Leroy Bell
Christa Collins
Stacey Francis

Any singer listed above could win this, but the probability is that it will be a Girl mentored by Simon. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
Tiah Tolliver or Caitlin Koch are as good or better than Jazzlyn Little in my opinion.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
I love that this show is different than AI but something is bothering me. I just don't believe that what we hear as auditions in front of each of the 4 judges are what they heard when it happened. I'm thinking they were professionally redone in a studio setting.

I also love the various homes of our judges but I think I spent more time looking at the gorgeous scenery in each setting than I should have.  :)

However, I'm looking forward to the reveal of the four from each group tomorrow night. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »
If it's true it is a bit odd but I guess it doesn't matter because the judges are judging on what they hear. Maybe the sound on those outdoor auditions was no good for TV and they had to try something else.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
I love that this show is different than AI but something is bothering me. I just don't believe that what we hear as auditions in front of each of the 4 judges are what they heard when it happened. I'm thinking they were professionally redone in a studio setting.

I also love the various homes of our judges but I think I spent more time looking at the gorgeous scenery in each setting than I should have.  :)

However, I'm looking forward to the reveal of the four from each group tomorrow night.
TexasLady, I think the answer is simple. These are recordings made from the mics held by the singer and set up on the piano. They digitally go direct into the appropriate equipment. That is why there is no sound from the surroundings. Also, the "homes" are far away from major alternate noise sources. L.A. Reid has the sound of the ocean in the Hamptons which has somehow been taken out of the mix.

It is easy to set up a few speakers aimed directly at the judges.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
It could be just as you say apskip. :) I did a little research, they could either use the live accompaniment or a recorded track. I wasn't thinking of background noise but there must have been some production work done on the songs.

One of the girls not mentioned in Apskip's list is Drew Ryniewicz, I believe she is 14 but can sing up a storm. I also liked the Brewer Boys, I could see them being a hit with the teenage girls. I also like Dexter as over the top as he is, he's an entertainer. One other I like is Caitlin Koch, if she had auditioned on AI, she'd be in the top 6. There are a lot of strong performers in the girls and over 30 women.

Some of the auditions from YouTube

Over 30 group:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmOBS8lF8fM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmOBS8lF8fM</a>

Boys:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dxH1xCitIs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1dxH1xCitIs</a>

Girls:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6zviJrm_2T4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6zviJrm_2T4</a>

Groups:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TqiTopfGV6Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TqiTopfGV6Y</a>

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »
Prophet,

I too liked Drew, Caitlin, The Brewer Boys (who in particular disappointed me as they were one of my favorites) and Dexter in previous rounds. However, they just did not come to the top of the charts in the Judges Home Round. We'll see what those judges decided soon enough.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
Just a reminder that Judge's Houses, Part 3 will be on tonight. 8PM ET, 7PM CT.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
The X Factor-US Season 1 Results Spoilers!
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
Spoilers! Turn back now!

Highlight if you want to know

The following made it through

Girls: Simone Battle, Drew Ryniewicz, Tiah Tolliver, Rachel Crow

Boys: Phillip Lomax, Bryan Bradley, Asero, Marcus Canty

Groups: The Brewer Boys, Intensity, The Stereo Hoggz, Lakota Ryne

30+: Josh Krajcik, Dexter Haygood, Leroy Bell, Stacy Francis
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:02:34 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
If you are watching in another time zone or on DVR watch all the way to the end! There is a major twist that I will not reveal here!

I love Simon <333333 He found a creative way to make the silly results show interesting and garner some votes for a great contestant.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:06:54 PM by Prophet »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1 Judges' House Results Up!
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
I was very happy with the final choices, especially the ending.  :tup:  :lol:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1 Judges' House Results Up!
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2011, 06:59:09 AM »
I'll note down the contestants' names according to Prophet's list.

I could not believe G1 & 3 made it! Ugh! Imho, I thought the other girls not picked were better. =(

For Boys, I agree with three of them, not sure about B4, I don't remember him at all.

I'm feeling GOOD with the Overs! Actually, I thought they are the strongest groups as a whole, and not the girls. But I believe Nicole picked the right people that will be/are already popular.

For Groups, I was shocked, in a disappointed way, on who Paula chose to go through. Two (and one other group a bit) of them that didn't make it shocked me. I really felt they deserved it.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html