Author Topic: The X Factor US: Season 1 - SEASON OVER!  (Read 50486 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1 - FINALE TONIGHT AND TOMORROW!
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
Are they ever going to quit the gimmicks and do something real? :groan:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2011, 08:31:27 PM »
It's either Melanie or Chris FTW, IMO

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2011, 09:00:05 PM »
Okay, I won't say anything about the first round because there isn't much to it but the guest singers.

On the second round they sang their own/judges choices. Josh went first.

Josh did an admirable job with "At Last." It was a good choice for him and showed about as good of a side as I have seen from him this year. It wasn't a winning performance and he has not had a winning season but he is good enough.

Chris was next performing "Young Homie" once again. The danger in this choice is that he could appear like a one trick pony though he did it well. Notice that the judges always focus on his life story and such because he is not the greatest singer or rapper.

Melanie finished off and sang "Listen" again. She was amazing as always and really performed, showing her emotions and passion. Her whole journey was summed up really well and it was a great end to the show. I really believe that she should win the whole thing and all the judges seemed to think the same. I'm sure many others have followed her since her auditions and rooted for her like I have.

Results tomorrow!!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2011, 10:08:25 PM »
Chris: "It's 5 million dollars and a Pepsi commercial." :cmaslol I could not stop laughing! Anything for a sponsors plug, right?

I don't want Steve Jones or Nicole Scherzinger on The X Factor next season. I don't want LA Reid either. His critiques make me want to slap him. I feel like he's always trying to bash the other contestants just so his contestants have a better chance... Especially Simon's contesants. :cmas28

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2011, 03:31:21 AM »
This finale didn't feel like a finale. I don't think there was much to it. The duets didn't excite me. The audition songs didn't excite me. I was just a bored viewer. :cmaslol Why couldn't the contestants pick to sing their favourite song? I would've liked that so much more. Or maybe different songs.

Speaking of bored, Josh's duet left me bored. Actually, Josh has left me bored all season so I'm probably just biased. His harmonies with Alanis were pretty good though. For Josh's audition song, he had a guitar with him this time and I don't think there was a backing track. It was just him. His voice just doesn't do it for me. It's too... rough. However, he did change it up from his audition so I did like that. :cmas16

Chris' duet was... actually really bad. :cmas11 Chris didn't hit a lot of the notes and Avril Lavigne definitely outshone him. I couldn't even hear him when he was "singing" with Avril. I don't think Chris deserves to be in the final 3... He's not there vocally with Josh or Melanie. I agree with Prophet about people seeing him as a one trick pony. That's how I see him. The only performances I really remember from him are his audition, that other time he did Young Homie and his other original. I wasn't feeling Young Homie this time. :cmas5

I think Melanie had the best duet, although the judges commented on the key a lot. I thought the song suited her well. Melanie's audition song was done well. I'm biased... but I thought she was the best with the audition songs too. :cmaslol It was filled with emotion and the vocals were fantastic. I really do think Melanie should win. I think she deserves to win. :cmas9

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2011, 05:54:00 AM »
HOWEVER,...Above all these... I still prefer Australian version, a bit more organize and there's no rush in time when the judges giving comments...

The finale of X-Factor AUS was featuring only 2 contestants, so it was truly who's got the X-Factor!
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2011, 08:47:46 AM »
Wow:
Show content

I am surprised at Chris being so far behind but they claim to never have been wrong in any finale. I will not be surprised if Melanie wins. Not only does she deserve it, I could tell from watching the show last night that she would win.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2011, 08:54:37 AM »
Chris: "It's 5 million dollars and a Pepsi commercial." :cmaslol I could not stop laughing! Anything for a sponsors plug, right?

I don't want Steve Jones or Nicole Scherzinger on The X Factor next season. I don't want LA Reid either. His critiques make me want to slap him. I feel like he's always trying to bash the other contestants just so his contestants have a better chance... Especially Simon's contesants. :cmas28

I won't miss Nicole either :res: She has not added anything good to the show, all of her judges comments are useless. I don't mind Steve, he is nice enough and he has to say that stuff about sponsors and hurrying everyone up. I agree about LA being biased but he has gotten better and he makes the show more interesting. He is the only one besides Simon who gives constructive criticism and real suggestions instead of rambling about the colors of the rainbow.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
I thought both Josh and Chris had terrible duets. Both were off key for me. The best duet was Melanie and R. Kelly. They were a true pair and their voices blended well except in a few places where he over powered her.

I thought Josh did a great job with his solo and Melanie did well with hers. I liked Josh's better to be honest.

Chris Rene is a one trick pony, he does what he does but for me, he's not grown. Maybe he was stifled or just couldn't do better, I don't know. He has talent but perhaps would be better writing songs because he cannot sing that well.

I too predict Melanie but Josh could surprise us.

The show is ON!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:17:40 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »
Winner!!!

Show content
>>>MELANIE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very deserving winner and a great finish to a great season. I truly enjoyed the journey and can't wait for next year!
<<<<

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1 - SEASON OVER!
« Reply #210 on: December 23, 2011, 12:03:48 AM »
:cheer: Congratulations to Melanie! So happy she won. She deserved it! :cheer:

And congrats to both Josh and Chris for a respectable 2nd and 3rd. :cmas9

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »
Try to shoot every seconds of her winning moment... Congrats Melanie Amaro!!!

Congrats to Josh Krajcik as the Runner Up!!!

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
Nice job Zouly! That's a great recap.