Author Topic: The X Factor US: Season 1 - SEASON OVER!  (Read 50487 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
In the beginning I thought Rachel and Stacy would be in the finals. But with the horrible handling by their so called mentors along with terrible song choices, I don't see Rachel lasting much longer and Stacy is long gone. Sad to say.  :cmas4
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
Show content
The Piranha Pool screwed Rachel over :cmas30:

Marcus :cmas28

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »
Thoughts:

Show content
I know a lot of people are going to be mad about this elimination and I agree on principle that no one should survive three bottom two trips. However people can't complain when they obviously didn't vote for her. Perhaps her dramatic reactions indicate that she wasn't ready for the spotlight. I don't want to sound harsh to her but I'm really not surprised.

I looked at four or five different polls online today about people's favorite contestants. They all had the same order: Melanie, Josh, Chris, Rachel, Marcus. Those bottom two were a far margin from the top three.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:38 PM »
After seeing how hard Rachel tried tonight and how sweet she was to tell Nicole not to cry, it was heartbreaking to watch her collapse. She's been such a trooper and so professional for her age and we saw tonight that she's just a child and I think they should rethink having children be contestants on these shows.

I do think we haven't heard the last of Rachel Crow. Disney could pick her up for one of their teen shows and she's be perfect. Nevertheless, we'll hear more from her as she grows up. And when she does, I hope she picks her own songs and never lets someone choose for her as Simon did.  :cmas28

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2011, 06:58:07 AM »
I'm not sure that Simon is her problem. From what I understand Rachel chose a lot of her own songs. I don't know what other kind of choices she should have sung this week.

What I really wish they had is a three strikes rules that automatically ejects a contestant upon their third trip to the bottom two. However, I believe Marcus has been the second to lowest in actual votes in the past three weeks so in a American Idol format you would never know he was always next to last.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2011, 07:35:56 AM »
Really the bottom line is that Nicole is a nutjob she doesn't deserve that prestigious position. The way she acted last night and the loud boos she received from the audience are telling.

Look at this:

Speaking of the judges, we asked whether she got a chance to talk to Nicole Scherzinger, the visibly upset judge who caused the deadlock, after the show. The answer was yes and she saw Nicole crying really hard backstage. Rachel said she was really sad and asked Nicole why she was crying. According to Rachel, Nicole answered, “Honey, I didn’t mean to send you home.” And what did the old soul in the 13-year old body say to Nicole? She told her, "It was okay. It was meant to be.”

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:08 AM »
After tonight’s dramatic elimination, only four finalists remain in the competition: Melanie Amaro, Marcus Canty, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene. Tune in Wednesday, Dec. 14 (8:00-9:30 PM ET/PT), when the Top Four take the Pepsi Challenge and perform two songs each – one of which will be chosen by viewers. Who has what it takes to make it to THE X FACTOR two-night finale airing Wednesday, Dec. 21 (8:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) and be crowned the winner on Thursday, Dec. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2011, 06:04:11 AM »
Am I the only one who don't care if Rachel went home?

I thought she was a snob since Day 1 and didn't really felt much when she left. No doubt she's a good singer, but she needs to humble up a little. Hopefully this experience will humble her by a little.

I am sad that a talent like her went home, but at the same time.. I felt she caused her own demise by being not "appealing" to the viewers for her behaviour and everything. I know she's young... so I say she can take this as a learning experience.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2011, 06:05:12 AM »
And yes, Nicole purposely put herself against the majority of America so she gotta face the music. For what, I do not know? Maybe she wants to draw more topic/news for herself, but she was being brainless by forcing a deadlock. :cmas29

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »
I do sort of agree Joab. I haven't heard anyone describe her as rude though, that may be a cultural difference. I was never a huge fan of hers but it was wrong to send her home instead of Marcus. I think it will turn out better for her that she is off the show because she is supposed to be getting a deal with Disney.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a355389/disney-confirms-x-factor-usa-rachel-crow-meeting.html

That sort of position seems like something she will be really good at because she is as much of an actor as singer.

As far as Nicole there are a lot of rumors that she will not return. I can't think of any reasons why she should :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
Paula is relevant. Nicole is redundant.

Wow, that rhymes. :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2011, 10:47:21 AM »
Paula will stay because Simon likes to play off of (and fight with) her, she's smarter than Nicole (by sending Marcus home last week), and she's just herself. :lol: Nicole clearly has no idea what she's doing on national TV, and even Steve has been poking fun of this lately. I definitely wouldn't miss her. :lol:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2011, 12:11:40 PM »
Am I the only one who don't care if Rachel went home?

I thought she was a snob since Day 1 and didn't really felt much when she left. No doubt she's a good singer, but she needs to humble up a little. Hopefully this experience will humble her by a little.

I am sad that a talent like her went home, but at the same time.. I felt she caused her own demise by being not "appealing" to the viewers for her behaviour and everything. I know she's young... so I say she can take this as a learning experience.

I agree. I didn't really care Rachel going home. Drew is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Rachel.
I think if Nicole wasn't the last judge to give a name of who she wanted to go home, it would have been a different story.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2011, 11:49:08 PM »
But the fact that Nicole stuck with Marcus and had no reasons for doing so is the reason why it pissed off the audiences. America wants the judges to be the voice, not to be the one who messes up their opinions/thoughts. Clearly, I am with Prophet here and I don't even follow the X Factor much.. that Nicole has no hoot as to what she was doing. :cmas30:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »
Tonight the contestants sang a people's choice song and a judges choice.

First was Marcus. What am I supposed to say about him anymore?? His first song was karaoke and the second was a cheesy dance number. He is a good performer and has a good attitude but he can't match up with the others. He has gone to the bottom three straight times, why wouldn't he again? Bye bye Marcus :waves:

Next was Chris. In the middle of the season I would have sent him home but in recent weeks he has really improved. He shows that he is a talented musician and song writer and a true artist. He has charisma as well but his voice is really lacking. If the show weren't called the Xfactor I would have doubts about him. Tonight he did one of his groovy feel good style songs and one of his stripped down type. He is pretty good at both and the crowd loves him. I don't see him going home.

Josh's first was his typical rock performance which he is good at. He could record an album of this stuff. His second was his more boring style. I have a hard time pinning him down, he is a very hard to figure contestant. Does anyone really have an opinion of him? I haven't seen many. The problem with Josh is he doesn't have a stage presence or the Xfactor. He does have an admirable voice and he deserved to make it this far but he can't win.

I've obviously saved Melanie for last. Her first song was her standard fare which includes flawless vocals and her in a long dress behind a mike stand. There is not one thing wrong with this except that it has been done. That said, I'd like to see the others try it. :lol: Her second song was incredible. It possessed all the qualities of a winner: INCREDIBLE vocals and a great performance showing personality and a lot of fun. Simon did excellent at choosing and preparing this. She has been my favorite since the auditions and now there is no question that she deserves the big prize. Before my only concern was her stoicness and similar sounding performances (which are nitpicking concerns) but now I can find no flaws.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:18:35 PM by Prophet »

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
I do have an opinion of Josh.  I love his voice.  His second song was so moving.  It is also one of Simon's favorite songs.  I love the way he gets lost in his music.  I would pay to go see him.

I think the winner will be Melanie or Josh.  Chris has a great back story but not a fan of his music.

:cmas23

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2011, 07:01:22 AM »
DialIdol results: http://x.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

I agree with this set up for the final. Chris and Melanie in a battle for the win, Josh trailing behind them, and Marcus sitting at home.

As a Melanie fan, Chris scares me a lot. A lot of people obviously love him.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »
Oddly enough, from my perusal of polls and opinion articles most people seem to think Melanie and Josh are by far the best. If the in studio audience didn't love him so much and DialIdol consistently put him at the top I would wonder about Chris. I've never really seen a write up that declares him as a great contestant but somebody is voting for him.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
Before we have the results, I think it will be Josh and Melanie, final two.

About Nicole, I don't think she's a nut job or whatever that comment was.  :cmaslol  I thought she couldn't pick because Marcus was her guy, but I also think it was to have a draw for the dramatic effect of making both Rachel and Marcus wait to find out who had the lowest votes. Unfortunately, Nicole is a softy and her emotions got the better of her. But I like that about her unlike Simon who I could do without as a judge. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »
Show content
Melanie and Chris are our first two finalists!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2011, 07:49:31 PM »
Do without Simon! :ascared He's the only reliable judge and is doing a superb job of mentoring Melanie. He has chosen the right songs at the right time for her all season. The two of them matched up is perfect because she has raw talent and he has know how.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »
Mind blowing spoiler:

Show content
Marcus is gone

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
Now here is some additional mind-blowing content from today's New York Post:

Jones-ing for a new ‘X’ host
Here’s hoping that rumors about him leaving are true...

Last Updated: 12:10 AM, December 21, 2011

Posted: 10:19 PM, December 20, 2011
More Print
headshotLinda Stasi

In no particular order, the acts leaving the “The X Factor” are — Steve Jones and Nicole Scherzinger!

Maybe. While those might be the words America is dying to hear, and despite stories about their untimely demise flying around the world yesterday, you won’t be hearing those words before the new year.

After a story ran in Britain’s Daily Mail reporting that Jones had gotten the boot due to bad reviews (pick me! pick me!) and also because his connection with the audience is well, less than good, the show’s people were quick to respond with a non-commitment.

‘X’-ED OUT: British tabloids are reporting that Steve Jones may be getting the ax from “X Factor” due to bad reviews about his audience connection.
AWKWARD: Jones attempts to console Rachel Crow.

They called it “pure UK tabloid speculation and said that, “Absolutely no discussions have been had, and no decisions will be made about any contracts until the new year.”

Does that sound like, “Everybody’s coming back!” No, not unless you’re Steve Jones’ agent, it doesn’t.

The Brit paper went so far as to make it a fait accompli, reporting that Jones was “devastated” by getting the boot in the butt.

Hey, I think the guy should be still in shock from getting the gig in the first place. Jones is not just as bland as his name, but he’s stiff as a six-day-old corpse — and as warm as one.

Sure, he’s handsome, but he’s as suited to be host of an American TV show as I am to be a leg model.

And Scherzinger? She’s turned out to be “X’s” gorgeous redundancy. A parrot of Paula Abdul but without the courage of her convictions.

She not only screwed up by deferring to Paula on her Rachel Crow vote but, by totally ignoring the “save” song, making it count for nothing.

So, is she a goner, too? Scherzinger is being as vague about returning to the show as Anthony Weiner was about his tweeted wiener.

So now speculation is running high that she will replace Jones as host — the spot she was originally supposed to share with him.

If the show is going to ever deliver the numbers of viewers that Cowell promised he’d deliver, he’s got to ship Jones back to the UK, and then decide whether Scherzinger is enough of a personality to be the host.

Me? I don’t think so. She’s not funny, and that spot needs to go to someone with that Nick Cannon/Ryan Seacrest touch. Irony goes a long way, even in these sob-sister shows.

Simon’s also got to stop choosing people for their looks and start picking them for their personalities, quirkiness, humor and good judgment.

If Scherzinger goes, he shouldn’t replace her. Americans like three judges. Think “Dancing With the Stars,” “America’s Got Talent” and “American Idol.”

When they brought a fourth judge onto “American Idol,” viewers took off like their butts were on fire.

But Cowell, ironically, now says he’s thinking of adding a fourth judge to “America’s Got Talent,” too. “Four judges,” he told The Post, “leaves less room for error.” Isn’t the error h aving four judges in the first place?

Well, if he wants to sink “AGT” as well, I know two people who might be looking for work next week.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/jones_ing_for_new_host_ZjvOZjRTRkEmEgTnZAgGmL#ixzz1hAu7wjYU

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »
Don't forget the final performances are tonight and results tomorrow.