Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!(TARA5 INFO)  (Read 104240 times)

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!(TARA5 INFO)
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:32:33 AM »
TARA5

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!(TARA5 INFO)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »
NO TARA5 FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!! :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

NO WAY!!!!!!!! (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:30 AM »
Really?  :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:02 AM »
Would you like to add a LINK please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:58:52 AM »
Would you like to add a LINK please?
It is on Facebook.....
it was announced by one of our boss in our forum.......

am I allowed to post it???? :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
PM it to me please first.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
Wow, I wonder why...  :ascared

Anyway last year, AXN's representation on my country said that there will be TARA 5 and they'll open their application somewhere in March. Looks like they changed their mind then  :lol:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:24 PM »
Hopefully they just pushed back applications!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »
The post was on a closed site, so am still hoping for a copy so we can assess this...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »
The post was on a closed site, so am still hoping for a copy so we can assess this...

Peach, any update if there will be a 5th season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »
Not that I know of!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
A few weeks ago, Allan's @wulander feed had a couple of Tweets that very, very strongly suggested a fifth season was on the way.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Please have a Season 5! They can't end The Amazing Race Asia.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
Please have a Season 5! They can't end The Amazing Race Asia.

It's probably for the better, TARA has really gone down the tubes. the first 2 seasons were great and the series had so much potential, but they f*cked it all up with TARA3 (excessive, nearly abusive, product placement and incredibly uninspiring route). Since it took so long for the fourth season, I was expecting it to be better, or at least tolerable, but no... admitelly, some aspects were better;casting, route (a little bit), and tasks. But once again, it was freakin' overloaded with product placement and was just so un-epic. I'm afraid TAR Asia is not worthy anymore, especially after watching the greatness that is TAR Australia.

To be more clear on why TARA has fallen so far from it's pedestal, let's look at the reasons:

1. The MOST goddamn annoying host in the entire world - somebody needs to fire Allan Wu, HE SUCKS! his whor-ish style of hosting drives me nuts. Name me one time during his "this is the (insert number here)th pitstop in a race around the world" where he HASN'T raised his hands in a cheesy manner, oh and besides season 2, it's NOT A RACE AROUND THE WORLD, it's a RACE AROUND ASIA, do you think we're idiots? all the faces he makes, This is not a covershoot! You can stop all the excessive smiling and try to keep a straight face. Have you ever actually seen Phil do his job on the American version? Allan Wu... you suck.

2. ALL the frickin' product placement - It was alright in the first 2 seasons, oh and don't get me wrong, I can understand product placement, it's sometimes necessary for the show to survive. But this is too much, not only were season 3 and 4 overloaded with product placement tasks (there was like 2 or 3 in every freakin' leg) but those tasks itself sucked. Insert Mahatma Ghandi's birthday into a Standard Chartered Bank ATM? Look through hundred of Sony Blu-Ray DVD for one that displays "Correct"? Are you serious? do u think we give a donkey's kahoonies for all these stuff?

3. Started High and falls Low - One of the biggest factors in what made TARA3 so dissapointing was the route, no more Europe? no more Africa? I mean why not? instead of wasting money of making hard tasks for your gimmicky "toughest race ever" (yeah, right), you should spend a bigger part of the budget on the route. I've seen on the website about TARA3 that it was "not about the destinations, but the challenges teams will have to face". Why not just tell us "Sorry, but we're too cheap to go to Europe or Africa anymore, so let's just make it up with big bus washing and scorpion eating. Have a nice day"

4. The Amazing Race Asia Celebrity Edition! Again... and again... and again - Another aspect that seemed to have started with TARA3, too many celebrity contestants (or mactors, whatever). Season 3 and 4 each have more than half of it's contestants with some sort of celebrity status, I mean that's just desperate for better ratings. Season 3's most entertaining and endearing team were (shock!) normal people, A.D and Fuzzie and so was season 4, Jess and Lani, Michelle and Claire, and Ethan and Khairie. You don't need celebrities to entertain, we love regular people!

5(last). It's the Amazing Race Asia! more like the Relay Around Asia - ok, let me explain, this show right here is supposed to be the Asian version of The Amazing Race, but it feels nothing like it, yes it has clues and roadblocks and detours, but I just don't feel the magic or the epicness of the American version. now this has nothing to do with TARA being a foreign edition, TAR Australia is an incredible edition of TAR, so why is TARA so uninspiring? maybe it's the bad editing (compared to the US version), the lame contestants, the annoyingly repetitive soundtrack, the tasks that just fail to impress, the locations that bore, the HORRIBLE host, the pathetic prize money (100000 US dollars? Are you serious? and that's before taxes) and the cheap production value. It's terrible and nearly beyond saving.

Now I'm not saying TARA5 will be bad, but after such a great start(season 1) and an epic season (season 2) that actually help you forgive the terrible host, the disappointment felt in the next 2 trashbags-of-a-season is overwhelming. TARA has fallen deep into a sinkhole, and it will take a lot for it to climb out. But here's to hoping it happens.

P.S Some people might find my little rant a bit controversial, but this is just my opinion, please don't take it too seriously :)

Have a nice day :jam:
Bring on the 21!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 11:54:04 PM »
well that's bad and it's all true though and hopefully the producers of TAR Asia which is the same producers of TAR Australia should correct this problems, soon.  And ActiveTV (the producers) will probably plan to simultaneously film both upcoming TARA 5 and TAR Australia 2 by either late of this year or early next year if they'll do that. :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
TARA has bad edit and of course, I think one of the worst TAR seasons ever was TARA 2.. locations wise it was the best of the 4 Asia season.. but honestly, the teams were so uneven in terms of their performance and made it a total snooze fest. Bad casting, I would say?

But.. TARA is us asians hope of joining the race. Hopefully there's still a season five. :(

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 01:24:03 PM »
kevint2005, I absolutely agree with your post (I only read it now!) and every single line you posted. It was in fact, 100% bullseye! :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

(Though I have to correct Jess and Lani are magazine models here -- they have a semi-celebrity status here.)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
kevint2005,

Sad to tell you. Michelle is a mactor too. She's a model and commercial actress. She's now based in Philippines.. Manila I think for an acting career.

But, I do have to say that AD and Fuzzie and Adrian and Collin were no mactors. I think they must put semi-mactors on the show to make sure people from countries like Philippines/Thailand/Malaysia watch the programme. That's where most of their ratings come from. They don't really care whether the Singaporean team is a mactor team or not because I think they get less than 500k viewers here anyway for the show. :lol:

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »
kevint2005,

Sad to tell you. Michelle is a mactor too. She's a model and commercial actress. She's now based in Philippines.. Manila I think for an acting career.

But, I do have to say that AD and Fuzzie and Adrian and Collin were no mactors. I think they must put semi-mactors on the show to make sure people from countries like Philippines/Thailand/Malaysia watch the programme. That's where most of their ratings come from. They don't really care whether the Singaporean team is a mactor team or not because I think they get less than 500k viewers here anyway for the show. :lol:

That is true, but I feel that we should have less mactors and more real people who are equally interesting. I'm pretty mad that they hardly consider applications/casting calls(I know some of them do). I'm deeply disappointed.

@Kevint2005, I have to agree with what you said. They need to travel OUT OF ASIA MORE OFTEN.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
I'm still waiting for this version to make a visit to the US.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
@Kevint2005, I have to agree with what you said. They need to travel OUT OF ASIA MORE OFTEN.

And not just Australia and New Zealand!
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
kevint2005, I absolutely agree with your post (I only read it now!) and every single line you posted. It was in fact, 100% bullseye! :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

(Though I have to correct Jess and Lani are magazine models here -- they have a semi-celebrity status here.)
kevint2005,

I didn't know Jess, Lani, and Michelle were semi-celebrities, bummer. oh well, being a non-asian living in asia, i don't know any famous asians in asia, except maybe Jackie Chan (sort of).

I'm surprised by the reaction to my rant, I got a little carried away, but everything I said is definitely what I feel. I honestly was expecting "STFU Kevin", "Go to hell", "you don't know anything, *sshole", "you're wrong",stuff like that. Glad to see so many people agree, I hope the producers come across these posts.

Oh, and by the way, call me Kevin.
Bring on the 21!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:56 AM »

Oh, and by the way, call me Kevin.

Name taken  :lol:

Anyway, we need a TARA5. Don't worry about it being lame because TAR Australia will make it better!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 12:48:59 AM »
The absolute worst host ever
Bring on the 21!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:42 AM »
I don't why TAR:CR chose him as well. Two times the trainwreck that is Allan Wu. :|
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D