Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!(TARA5 INFO)  (Read 104237 times)

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!(TARA5 INFO)
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:32:33 AM »
TARA5

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!(TARA5 INFO)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »
NO TARA5 FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!! :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

NO WAY!!!!!!!! (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:30 AM »
Really?  :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:02 AM »
Would you like to add a LINK please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:58:52 AM »
Would you like to add a LINK please?
It is on Facebook.....
it was announced by one of our boss in our forum.......

am I allowed to post it???? :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
PM it to me please first.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
Wow, I wonder why...  :ascared

Anyway last year, AXN's representation on my country said that there will be TARA 5 and they'll open their application somewhere in March. Looks like they changed their mind then  :lol:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:24 PM »
Hopefully they just pushed back applications!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »
The post was on a closed site, so am still hoping for a copy so we can assess this...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »
The post was on a closed site, so am still hoping for a copy so we can assess this...

Peach, any update if there will be a 5th season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »
Not that I know of!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
A few weeks ago, Allan's @wulander feed had a couple of Tweets that very, very strongly suggested a fifth season was on the way.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Please have a Season 5! They can't end The Amazing Race Asia.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
Please have a Season 5! They can't end The Amazing Race Asia.

It's probably for the better, TARA has really gone down the tubes. the first 2 seasons were great and the series had so much potential, but they f*cked it all up with TARA3 (excessive, nearly abusive, product placement and incredibly uninspiring route). Since it took so long for the fourth season, I was expecting it to be better, or at least tolerable, but no... admitelly, some aspects were better;casting, route (a little bit), and tasks. But once again, it was freakin' overloaded with product placement and was just so un-epic. I'm afraid TAR Asia is not worthy anymore, especially after watching the greatness that is TAR Australia.

To be more clear on why TARA has fallen so far from it's pedestal, let's look at the reasons:

1. The MOST goddamn annoying host in the entire world - somebody needs to fire Allan Wu, HE SUCKS! his whor-ish style of hosting drives me nuts. Name me one time during his "this is the (insert number here)th pitstop in a race around the world" where he HASN'T raised his hands in a cheesy manner, oh and besides season 2, it's NOT A RACE AROUND THE WORLD, it's a RACE AROUND ASIA, do you think we're idiots? all the faces he makes, This is not a covershoot! You can stop all the excessive smiling and try to keep a straight face. Have you ever actually seen Phil do his job on the American version? Allan Wu... you suck.

2. ALL the frickin' product placement - It was alright in the first 2 seasons, oh and don't get me wrong, I can understand product placement, it's sometimes necessary for the show to survive. But this is too much, not only were season 3 and 4 overloaded with product placement tasks (there was like 2 or 3 in every freakin' leg) but those tasks itself sucked. Insert Mahatma Ghandi's birthday into a Standard Chartered Bank ATM? Look through hundred of Sony Blu-Ray DVD for one that displays "Correct"? Are you serious? do u think we give a donkey's kahoonies for all these stuff?

3. Started High and falls Low - One of the biggest factors in what made TARA3 so dissapointing was the route, no more Europe? no more Africa? I mean why not? instead of wasting money of making hard tasks for your gimmicky "toughest race ever" (yeah, right), you should spend a bigger part of the budget on the route. I've seen on the website about TARA3 that it was "not about the destinations, but the challenges teams will have to face". Why not just tell us "Sorry, but we're too cheap to go to Europe or Africa anymore, so let's just make it up with big bus washing and scorpion eating. Have a nice day"

4. The Amazing Race Asia Celebrity Edition! Again... and again... and again - Another aspect that seemed to have started with TARA3, too many celebrity contestants (or mactors, whatever). Season 3 and 4 each have more than half of it's contestants with some sort of celebrity status, I mean that's just desperate for better ratings. Season 3's most entertaining and endearing team were (shock!) normal people, A.D and Fuzzie and so was season 4, Jess and Lani, Michelle and Claire, and Ethan and Khairie. You don't need celebrities to entertain, we love regular people!

5(last). It's the Amazing Race Asia! more like the Relay Around Asia - ok, let me explain, this show right here is supposed to be the Asian version of The Amazing Race, but it feels nothing like it, yes it has clues and roadblocks and detours, but I just don't feel the magic or the epicness of the American version. now this has nothing to do with TARA being a foreign edition, TAR Australia is an incredible edition of TAR, so why is TARA so uninspiring? maybe it's the bad editing (compared to the US version), the lame contestants, the annoyingly repetitive soundtrack, the tasks that just fail to impress, the locations that bore, the HORRIBLE host, the pathetic prize money (100000 US dollars? Are you serious? and that's before taxes) and the cheap production value. It's terrible and nearly beyond saving.

Now I'm not saying TARA5 will be bad, but after such a great start(season 1) and an epic season (season 2) that actually help you forgive the terrible host, the disappointment felt in the next 2 trashbags-of-a-season is overwhelming. TARA has fallen deep into a sinkhole, and it will take a lot for it to climb out. But here's to hoping it happens.

P.S Some people might find my little rant a bit controversial, but this is just my opinion, please don't take it too seriously :)

Have a nice day :jam:
Bring on the 21!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 11:54:04 PM »
well that's bad and it's all true though and hopefully the producers of TAR Asia which is the same producers of TAR Australia should correct this problems, soon.  And ActiveTV (the producers) will probably plan to simultaneously film both upcoming TARA 5 and TAR Australia 2 by either late of this year or early next year if they'll do that. :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
TARA has bad edit and of course, I think one of the worst TAR seasons ever was TARA 2.. locations wise it was the best of the 4 Asia season.. but honestly, the teams were so uneven in terms of their performance and made it a total snooze fest. Bad casting, I would say?

But.. TARA is us asians hope of joining the race. Hopefully there's still a season five. :(

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 01:24:03 PM »
kevint2005, I absolutely agree with your post (I only read it now!) and every single line you posted. It was in fact, 100% bullseye! :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

(Though I have to correct Jess and Lani are magazine models here -- they have a semi-celebrity status here.)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
kevint2005,

Sad to tell you. Michelle is a mactor too. She's a model and commercial actress. She's now based in Philippines.. Manila I think for an acting career.

But, I do have to say that AD and Fuzzie and Adrian and Collin were no mactors. I think they must put semi-mactors on the show to make sure people from countries like Philippines/Thailand/Malaysia watch the programme. That's where most of their ratings come from. They don't really care whether the Singaporean team is a mactor team or not because I think they get less than 500k viewers here anyway for the show. :lol:

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »
kevint2005,

Sad to tell you. Michelle is a mactor too. She's a model and commercial actress. She's now based in Philippines.. Manila I think for an acting career.

But, I do have to say that AD and Fuzzie and Adrian and Collin were no mactors. I think they must put semi-mactors on the show to make sure people from countries like Philippines/Thailand/Malaysia watch the programme. That's where most of their ratings come from. They don't really care whether the Singaporean team is a mactor team or not because I think they get less than 500k viewers here anyway for the show. :lol:

That is true, but I feel that we should have less mactors and more real people who are equally interesting. I'm pretty mad that they hardly consider applications/casting calls(I know some of them do). I'm deeply disappointed.

@Kevint2005, I have to agree with what you said. They need to travel OUT OF ASIA MORE OFTEN.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
I'm still waiting for this version to make a visit to the US.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
@Kevint2005, I have to agree with what you said. They need to travel OUT OF ASIA MORE OFTEN.

And not just Australia and New Zealand!
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
kevint2005, I absolutely agree with your post (I only read it now!) and every single line you posted. It was in fact, 100% bullseye! :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

(Though I have to correct Jess and Lani are magazine models here -- they have a semi-celebrity status here.)
kevint2005,

I didn't know Jess, Lani, and Michelle were semi-celebrities, bummer. oh well, being a non-asian living in asia, i don't know any famous asians in asia, except maybe Jackie Chan (sort of).

I'm surprised by the reaction to my rant, I got a little carried away, but everything I said is definitely what I feel. I honestly was expecting "STFU Kevin", "Go to hell", "you don't know anything, *sshole", "you're wrong",stuff like that. Glad to see so many people agree, I hope the producers come across these posts.

Oh, and by the way, call me Kevin.
Bring on the 21!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:56 AM »

Oh, and by the way, call me Kevin.

Name taken  :lol:

Anyway, we need a TARA5. Don't worry about it being lame because TAR Australia will make it better!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 12:48:59 AM »
The absolute worst host ever
Bring on the 21!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:42 AM »
I don't why TAR:CR chose him as well. Two times the trainwreck that is Allan Wu. :|
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
I don't think he's that bad. I think he might have over emphasize at times but all he needs to do is to show some abs and the female audience will have no complains. :lol:

*mswooood*

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »
Allan is perfectly fine as a host.

TAR has never been a show that revolves around its host; it's not a show like "Tough Enough" where a "Stone Cold" Steve Austin-type can make a huge impact on the show by using their charisma to command attention from the audience and the contestants. 

As long as the TAR host reads their lines correctly, then they're doing their job.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »
I think he's gotten better. I thought he was awful in Season 1 ("Ernie and Jeena: You're team number... TWOOOOOOOOO!") but since then I think he has learned from his shortcomings.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:40 PM »
that's true, the host does not play a big part, but Allan Wu has an extremely cringe-worthy voice, everytime he does voice over or announces a teams position, I just want to mute the TV.

"PREVIOUSLY.... ontheamazingrace Aaaaasssiiiaaa"
"You...are...teamnumber...ttthhrreeee"
"this is the (insert number here)th pitstop  innnnn aaaa raaaacccceeee arrrrouunndd tttthhheee woooorrrllldd" *raises hands*

ugh, it's really a big distraction

and from my post allan wu is just one of 5 reasons why TARA has gone down the drains, so yeah, naturally he's not a big part of the show. but still, this guy is messed up, it's like he's lost it in front of a camera.

anyway, it's fitting that he went from hosting the Asian version to now hosting the Shanghai version that doesn't even leave the country. Boy, talk about falling deep into a hole.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:49:02 PM by kevint2005 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 01:49:47 AM »
I think any version of TAR is good. I used to remember the days where only Survivor/Big Brother has International versions.. now we've got so many to choose from!

TAR Australia was really good though!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:25 AM »
Anyway I prefer Grant's hosting more. He seemed to be like unexcited and mundane at first but I think he has improved!

Hopefully there's a 5TH season!!!!!!!!!! :jam:

Offline calphin

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Did I leave the stove on?
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 08:48:49 AM »
Totally agreed, Kevin. TARA isn't doing near as good as TAR.
To my opinion, the most annoying things for me are the product placements and repeated tasks.
Yes, product placements are important to keep running the show, but shouldn't it be done fewer?
Overdoing something never ended good, and I think overadvertising would annoy a good amount of people too.

And what wrong with the tasks? It has the same pattern over season that is repeated again and again.
For instance, why should TARA does bungee jumping AGAIN?
Or searching clues on the beach?
Or scoring goals/keeping goals made in soccer?
I think, the tasks should still be unique, memorable, but still representing the face of the host country, but latter seasons lack that.

And about Allan Wu as a host.
I think it's hard to make a unique-and-memorable appearance as a host to another version of TAR.
Allan and Phil surely are 2 different persons, they would have their own characteristics.
I'm sure that if Allan actually is copying Phil's way of hosting, some of us would disagree again.
So I think Allan Wu is doing a "just enough" job (but please just keep the exaggerating "pauses" to a minimum.)

Oh, and the penalties. I think TARA is over-giving penalties.
5 minutes penalty on each goal made by locals? Okay, it is acceptable.
But 4 hours penalty for failing RoadBlock (Season 4 Leg 2)? And not even a second try? What the?!
I thought 4 hours penalty should be given if a team QUIT/CHOOSE NOT TO FINISH the Roadblock, not when they just fail to finish on first try???
I still can't get over that event. To me it's unacceptable twist of rule.

*************************************************************************************************

But despite all the flaws, I have to say that Joab is true.
TARA is the closest way that we Asian can actually feel the TAR experience.
So please, please bring back more seasons of TARA, but improve them A LOT, producers.
Just, make the best of the Race to give memorable experience to the Racers and us watchers,
not just "in sake of making an Asian version of a popular US show"... It just won't work that way.

Thank you, and no offense to all TARA crews. It's just some inputs from a TAR fan.  :<3

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »
Can I add one more thing that I really annoyed with??

As we can see, this is The Amazing Race Asia. However, there some non-Asian contestants. :groan:
Let's see one by one:
TARA 1: Andy, Francesca, Howard and Laura are from United Kingdom; and Sandy is from New Zealand.
TARA 2: Henry is from United States and Aurelia is from France.
TARA 3: Natalie is from Canada (she was born in Russia :groan:), Vince is also from Canada but with Chinese ethnicity; and Geoff is from New Zealand.
TARA 4: The Richards are from United States; Ivan is from Hungary; and Jess is Australian.

I mean... Seriously??!!! It is okay if you're born in another country outside Asia but have Asian ethnicity.. But, it doesn't mean that if you're working in any Asian country and you're can represent that country in TARA. For example: Andy & Laura were representing Thailand in TARA 1; Richard Hardin & Richard Herrera were representing Philippines.

The thing that I really annoyed until now is the fact that the Richards, who were Americans, won The Amazing Race Asia?! I thought that The Amazing Race Asia is race for Asian people around Asia, not just race around Asia (except season 2) with contestants that are originally from outside Asia... :duno: :duno:

****************************************************************************************************

But despite all things that I said, I still need another season of The Amazing Race Asia..
Like Joab and Calphin said, TARA is the closest way that we Asian can actually feel the TAR experience.
There are many destinations in Asia that haven't been visited yet, even by the original version of TAR itself...

Things that I hope will be improved on the next season are:
1. Fewer non-Asian contestants (If there is none that it'll be the best!)
2. Fewer famous people.
3. Fewer product placements.
4. More creative task(s).
5. The unacceptable rule and penalty, like this:

Oh, and the penalties. I think TARA is over-giving penalties.
5 minutes penalty on each goal made by locals? Okay, it is acceptable.
But 4 hours penalty for failing RoadBlock (Season 4 Leg 2)? And not even a second try? What the?!
I thought 4 hours penalty should be given if a team QUIT/CHOOSE NOT TO FINISH the Roadblock, not when they just fail to finish on first try???
I still can't get over that event. To me it's unacceptable twist of rule.

6. More countries and more cities/places that are less known to be visited (Mainland China and Brunei, anyone...??)
7. More teams participated instead of just 10 teams.
8. Speed Bump, anyone???
9. About Allan Wu... I'm okay with it, because you can't copy Phil or Grant like 100%, right? :tup:

****************************************************************************************************

Thank you! I just want to share my opinion...
I'm really sorry if there are someone who offended...
No offense to all TARA producer and crews... :) :) :<3
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
Seem TARA5 is far away from now ...

as TARAus 2 is coming ...

http://www.mycastingnet.com/agents/applyingCastingCall.aspx?callId=NDk3

due to TARA & TARAus are by same Production - ActiveTV ....

LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »
Please do more TAR Australia then.

If it's the same production company, how come TAR Asia suck so much? :lol:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
You might not want to read this if you don't like Allan because he addresses TARA5 at the end of this blog entry:
Oh…for all of you who are wondering whether TARA5 is right around the corner this year…Unfortunately, we won’t be racing around the world this time around so let’s keep those fingers crossed so that we’ll be back in 2012 to do it!

Thanks again for all your love and support and we’ll catch up again soon!

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »

If it's the same production company, how come TAR Asia suck so much? :lol:

Limited budget by AXN Asia may be
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »
You might not want to read this if you don't like Allan because he addresses TARA5 at the end of this blog entry:
Oh…for all of you who are wondering whether TARA5 is right around the corner this year…Unfortunately, we won’t be racing around the world this time around so let’s keep those fingers crossed so that we’ll be back in 2012 to do it!

Thanks again for all your love and support and we’ll catch up again soon!

so confirmed no TARA for 2011 ... 
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:16 PM »
I don't know if Mark Nelson of TARA 2 should be the best replacement to Allan Wu for hosting TARA, if you agree with me.  And for the upcoming TARA 5 and for the future seasons, my prefer type of the race should be just like what on TAR: Unfinished Business style and no more 30 minute penalty for giving a team who'd checked-in at the pit stop and it is a NEL but instead Allan or Mark should give the next clue and tell to the team that the race isn't over yet, and also they should go to North and South America and more Europe and Africa as well to travel and race besides the Asia-Pacific region.  Probably that will be a good idea. :tup:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:52:51 PM by topaz »

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
Sucks that there will be no TARA5 this year. I do need my fix when the US edition is on hiatus!

I assume the Aussie version will be once a year?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 03:41:50 AM »
Sucks that there will be no TARA5 this year. I do need my fix when the US edition is on hiatus!

I assume the Aussie version will be once a year?

It seems like maybe 3/4 times a year? :lol:

Okay, as long as TAR doesn't clash with TARA or what. It's hard watching both versions together because the Asia's version fail miserably in comparison. :lol:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
Yeah, I never could follow 2 versions at the same time, as it would just confuse me.

I prefer one at a time, and the US edition will always be first priority, with the others on the backburner for that time being.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
lol, it looks like one of us has already read the article and is bashing Allan Wu, poor guy
Bring on the 21!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
lol, it looks like one of us has already read the article and is bashing Allan Wu, poor guy

I read the criticisms in the blog comments, and I had to laugh, because he/she didn't even know that the same team produces both TAR Asia and TAR Australia.

As cabioTAR said, the difference in quality between TAR Asia and TAR Australia most likely comes down to budget.  I expect the producers to be able to make lemonade from lemons, but I don't expect them to be able to make chicken salad from chicken ... .
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:18:42 PM by slayton »

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 04:07:19 AM »

I read the criticisms in the blog comments, and I had to laugh, because he/she didn't even know that the same team produces both TAR Asia and TAR Australia.

As cabioTAR said, the difference in quality between TAR Asia and TAR Australia most likely comes down to budget.  I expect the producers to be able to make lemonade from lemons, but I don't expect them to be able to make chicken salad from chicken ... .

you would think that the asian version has a bigger budget considering it reaches to many countries around asia, therefore potentially having more viewers and the australian version only reaches australia, but it's not just the location that bothers me, there's plenty of other factors that have nothing to do with money. Such as

1. Camerawork and Editing - when you watch TARA and TARaus, in TARA it's so obvious that there's a man holding the camera following the teams around but in TARaus (and TAR US) u forget it because the camerawork is top notch, showing many different angles, now don't tell me TARA is incapable of doing such a thing. another thing is the editing, the repeating soundtrack is grating on my nerves and they never do anything really epic with the editing, it's just incredibly uninspiring.

2. Host - I've said this before and I'll say it again, ALLAN WU SUCKS!

3. Casting - Celebrities, Celebrities, Celebrities. What's wrong with normal people? A.D and Fuzzie were normal people and the only entertaining and endearing team of TARA3, as for TARA4 it was Ethan and Khairie, again normal people.

4. Challenges - I understand product placement, I do, but why can't the product placement simply be the prizes the first team receives? the product placement task were unexciting and most of the time a complete joke, take a sony camera and record someone telling you a joke? look through hundreds of sony blu-rays DVD and a Sony Bravia TV? Use the GPS on a Sony Whatever-it's-called to find ur way to some temple? it's a complete joke.

5. Unepicness - the greating thing about TAR is what it is, a journey between two people, it's EPIC. there are so many moments on the show that give you goosebumps (for example, Ron and Christina running to the pitstop in Japan on Leg 9, Season 12 or Flo and Zach winning TAR3) and a lot of tension. TARA has tension, but the teams are so bland and unlikeable (like the race between Henry & Bernie and Sam & Vince to not get eliminated on TARA3) you really don't give a crap who gets eliminated and I can only think of two epic moment (both from the first two season). Joe Jer and Zabrina running to the final pitstop in TARA1 and Collin and Adrian running to the final pitstop in TARA2, everything after that is bland, and unepic
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
My issues are mainly with camera angle, editing (TAR Aust had a certain number of wrong placings tagged to wrong teams for the first few episodes too) as well as no FINALE mat.

Allan Wu.. is endurable.. I think he's more unendurable speaking Chinese. I cringes everytime he tried to. :lol:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 05:29:38 AM »
1. Camerawork and Editing - when you watch TARA and TARaus, in TARA it's so obvious that there's a man holding the camera following the teams around but in TARaus (and TAR US) u forget it because the camerawork is top notch, showing many different angles, now don't tell me TARA is incapable of doing such a thing. another thing is the editing, the repeating soundtrack is grating on my nerves and they never do anything really epic with the editing, it's just incredibly uninspiring.

FYI, TARAus is 3rd baby for the Production (ActiveTV). 1st TARA (4) and 2nd TARI (2). So they had learned and improved so much. So their camerawork also improved in TARAus. Even TARAus's intro also different/improved from his/her bro/sis.

4. Challenges - I understand product placement, I do, but why can't the product placement simply be the prizes the first team receives? the product placement task were unexciting and most of the time a complete joke, take a sony camera and record someone telling you a joke? look through hundreds of sony blu-rays DVD and a Sony Bravia TV? Use the GPS on a Sony Whatever-it's-called to find ur way to some temple? it's a complete joke.

May as per agreement by Production & the sponsors. I think Prod did consider this complaint for TARA, so we not see in TARAus.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:40:08 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2011, 08:07:11 AM »
Adding on to everything, I feel like TARA teams should have team colours. What do you guys think?

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Adding on to everything, I feel like TARA teams should have team colours. What do you guys think?

What's the point? the contestant are mostly morons that have the personalities and the entertainment factor of ingrown toenails, so colors might not do much but it's a good idea.

BTW, looks like whoever bashing Allan on his blog is continuing with his/her rant, poor guy
Bring on the 21!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
it hurts me to say this *sarcasm*, but I think TARA is officially dead, it's obvious TARA3 had a MASSIVE budget cut, it's obvious, really, and we had to wait nearly 2 years for the next season, which seems to run on the same budget as TARA3. Now apparentely there's no season this year, they can't keep making seasons every two years, the gap is too large.

I predict TARA's death
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2011, 03:22:32 AM »
It's not. It will come. It won't be dead before I'm finally on the show. :lol: :neener:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
For all those still not convinced of Allan Wu's suckage, take a look below

I rest my case

... ... ... actually, it's an improvement
Bring on the 21!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »
I like Allan, he interacts with fans, he blogs, he shares, he is trying hard.

He is no Phil, but I don't mind him!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2011, 12:15:04 PM »
I like Allan, he interacts with fans, he blogs, he shares, he is trying hard.

He is no Phil, but I don't mind him!

:hrt: :kuss:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 11:57:13 PM »
i hated allen as host and the last 2 seasons were crap but i do think they should give it a other go in 2012

maybe axn is airing/making it (tara) every 2 years with a bigger bugget
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:43:45 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »
For all of you fans of Allan Wu's puns, you'll be delighted to know that he just began a Facebook post with the word: 'Wureka!'

He also says:
'Still no official word or update on the next season of TARA, but there is definitely buzz swirling for the greenlight to go ahead with a third season of TARCR. Hopefully, things will align up nothing short of Amazing to make both races happen again next year! I'll definitely let you know once anything becomes official'

Offline franz_manu

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • amazing race airport factotum :p
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
are you guys ready????!!!  :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

i am ready!!!

you guys definitely know what i am talking about!!!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
it hurts me to say this *sarcasm*, but I think TARA is officially dead, it's obvious TARA3 had a MASSIVE budget cut, it's obvious, really, and we had to wait nearly 2 years for the next season, which seems to run on the same budget as TARA3. Now apparentely there's no season this year, they can't keep making seasons every two years, the gap is too large.

I predict TARA's death

You and the rest of the universe.  :res:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
This might be a bad news for the fans of TAR Asia.  It seems that AXN Asia will not renew their season for TAR Asia and they'd already franchised another hit reality show in the US called The Apprentice and this might be a replacement on TAR Asia. :(

And here's the website: http://www.axn-asia.com/programs/theapprenticeasia

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
This might be a bad news for the fans of TAR Asia.  It seems that AXN Asia will not renew their season for TAR Asia and they'd already franchised another hit reality show in the US called The Apprentice and this might be a replacement on TAR Asia. :(

And here's the website: http://www.axn-asia.com/programs/theapprenticeasia
:torche :torche :torche I hope it will be renewed one day, therefore I could join.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »
I saw that they are doing The Voice as well. :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2013, 07:25:20 AM »
Hmmmm...is there any new news? Seeing some things that make me think there could...maybe...be some signs of life!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 02:28:05 AM »
Hmmmm...is there any new news? Seeing some things that make me think there could...maybe...be some signs of life!
What signs do you see.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2013, 08:21:50 PM »

I hope the signs are true! ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »
No....I think it was the new Korea thing... :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 01:54:29 AM »
Nope. They are doing The Apprentice now. And when it flops and fails miserably, they will be back to The Amazing Race.

OMG, imagine if they do Survivor: Asia :lol3: