Archive > Survivor 22: Redemption Island

Russell Hantz caught up in revealing Survivor Spoilers?

<< < (3/3)

TexasLady:

--- Quote from: MojojoJoab on February 03, 2011, 08:53:49 PM ---In early seasons of Survivor, there would be particular few individuals who would travel all the way down to the country of location that Survivor's currently filming and catch some important spoilers here and there (they're on the grounds). I remembered reading this was revealed from some crazy guy fan book.. how he spoiled Survivor and provided the best spoilers around.

I told ya all Russell was a douchebag. Great Survivor.. so what? I wouldn't be his fan or watch him on TV. Now the best case scenario would be for him to actually WIN this latest season or what then be disqualified from his win?? :lol3: :lol3: *EVILLAUGHS*

--- End quote ---

Now that you mention it, I DO recall people spoiling early on, oh evil one..

It would be funny if he won, not that he will... he would have outwitted, outlasted and outplayed them all.  :lol3:

Slowhatch:

--- Quote ---So why isn't CBS going after Russell?

--- End quote ---
CB$ will probably give Ru$$ell a free pa$$ for the $ame rea$on Charlie $heen got a pa$$. (Having the season "in the can" makes no difference; here's a legal blog post with the opinion that the standard NDAs may be invalid.)

Jobby:
Let's thank God for letting Sandra and Natalie win. :keeta: :keeta: :keeta: :keeta:

ugot2bekidinmeny:
This posted on TMZ :

'Survivor' Snitch Exposed -- The Email Evidence
2/19/2011 12:50 AM PST by TMZ Staff   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Survivor: Redemption Island" contestant Russell Hantz claims he NEVER leaked secrets about the reality series to a fan blog site -- but TMZ has obtained emails between Russell and the fan who posted the show spoilers.

TMZ spoke with Jim Early who admits publishing spoilers about "Survivor: Samoa," and "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" -- which both featured Russell. Some of the leaks include how Russell found an immunity idol -- and revealing Russell made the final 3 ... before the episode aired.

The emails -- from September and October 2009 when "Survivor: Samoa" was airing -- were sent  between "The Game" (Jim) and "Hantztankering" (Russell). Hantztankering is the name of a water tank company Russell owns.

Jim says he initially met Russell through a "Survivor" fan site ... and after that "he just started telling me what happened on the show."

Jim claims he's coming forward with the emails because he's angry Russell has falsely accused innocent cast members of being the snitch.

Remember, Russell is on the current season of "Survivor" which premiered this week. Calls to Russell and "Survivor" reps were not returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/19/survivor-snitch-russell-hantz-leaks-spoilers-redemption-island-samoa-heroes-and-villains-mark-burnett-cbs-jeff-probst-outwit-outplay-outlast/

Inside the link u can find/click on another link where the emails that are between Jim Early and Russell Hantz

TexasLady:
This just doesn't sit right with me, apparently he contacted Russell, started getting information which he published and with a pathetic excuse, ratted Russell out when CBS came knocking. Did he tell Russell 'You can trust me! I won't tell anyone.' or did he say... Thanks for the information, no promises made. We don't know but I have my own opinions. When you become a news purveyor, shouldn't you keep your sources safe?

All that said, Russell was beyond stupid to leak details when he knew it violated his NDA. (And whether that really is valid is beyond the point, it violates the trust placed on a contestant when chosen to participate.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version