Author Topic: Pekin Express 2011  (Read 34138 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Pekin Express 2011
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:01:36 AM »
Maybe y'all can figure this out?

Caper found this:

Face book post: Jan. 26

How could i forget this..jana me and my boss gave a lift to two french ladies plus a camera man who were participating in the amazing race..from the Kisumu (kenya) Airport junction to Mamboleo junction. What an experience.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
serious..they asked us for directions to the the quickest way to reach Eldoret..thats why we took them to Mamboleo junctions..the camera crew van was behind us..Check out for a blue Nissan Sunny KAN 2XXX.

I wrote the poster with some questions, and got this in reply:

Hi, It was on Tuesday 25th between 3.00pm to 4.00pm in the afternoon..the camera crew must have been behind in a white Van..Me and my boss (He is asian) left the office at around 3.15pm..we were rushing to the bank before it closes at 4pm..we could have taken them nearer to Eldoret coz we had enough fuel but opted to drop them at Mamboleo junction coz we had a pressing issue at the bank. They were two gentleman and a lady..the lady seemed french becoz of her accent but the gentlemen spoke fluent english. Regards

Aside from the obvious discrepancy...are there any shows filming with teams of three? ???
Clearly not the US, TARA, or AUS versions.

And what IS the name of that similar French version ? I have brain freeze, :lol:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:03:34 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: A Puzzling Sighting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:21:32 AM »
Voulez Vouz Gendarme! (lol random French that I know)

The French one is Pekin Express, peach.  :<3
Here's the link, I know you are a Francophone. :lol:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9kin_Express
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:23:05 AM »
Yep. It seems that it is indeed Pekin Express, Season 6!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9kin_Express_6,_la_route_des_grands_fauves

Kenya is there! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:07:02 AM »
Cocoa is right. It has to be the french Pekin Express, even the dates match.
copy from Wikipedia
La sixième saison de Pékin Express est entrée en production au mois de Janvier 2011. Elle se compose de 12 étapes, le début du jeu démarrant à Rosette en Egypte. Puis les candidats traversent le Kenya et la Tanzanie. La finale se déroule à Cape Town en Afrique du Sud le 22 février 2011.

The sixth season of the Pekin express is starting production in January 2011. It includes 12 legs and the start of the race will be in Rosette in Egypt. (If I remember correctly Rosette is in the north of Egypt near Alexandria and that's were the famous Rosetta Stone was found). Afterwards the contestants will pass through Kenya and Tanzania. The finale will take place in Cape Town in South Africa on February 22.

It's indeed amazing since they will be travelling across Africa from North to South.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Pekin Express 2011
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
Good job everyone!!

:lol3: Well, thanks to caper, it looks like we have the first spoilers for Pekin Express!! :jumpy:

RFF is awesome....   :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
I know pékin express and i like it. I watched on the french TV since the first season. This TV Show is a little similar to the amazing race because each contestant have at least 1€ per day.  Last year, we have two season, a season for celebrity across India (New Delhi, Bombay, Agra, Bangalore and others city) with 5 teams and  7 legs. The celebrity played for the charity. In the other season, 10 teams are present for 12 legs in Ecuador (Quito, Chimborazo, Guayaquil...), Chile (Calama, Atacama Desert, Valparaiso, Santiago...) and Argentina (Mendoza,  Cordoba, Buenios Aires, Perito Moreno and the final leg at Ushuaia...). Among the teams, one of them (or two in the 6th season) is a team where the contestant don't know the other contestant of his team. So, it's an handicap. To travel, the constestant hike vehicle or bus but not train or plane. The night, constestants don't sleep in a hotel, they search herself in the city where they are stopped. It's difficult to the teams to found a home where people accept to welcome her. I don't know what is the journey of this race but it's will be reveal some weeks before the begining of the broadcast on TV. If you want to watch past seasons, it's very difficult to found on youtube. You can only found videos of the spanish edition (3 seasons). However, you can watch video on the website of Pékin Express but i don't know if you can see in an other country like USA.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »
I tried today freds, and the videos were blocked for me. :(

Could you please take a look here and see if you can find where they revealed the route? It must have been some sort of official reveal, but I can't find it...
Maybe check the vids? ???

Thanks!

http://www.m6.fr/emission-pekin_express_duos_de_choc/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 10:53:08 PM »
Freds just sent this along...what a hoot!! Love it!!

Accidental Tourist: A hair-raising race to Carolina
Mar 13, 2011 12:00 AM | By Chris Harvie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hysterical French backpackers in a beeg ’urry prompt a high-octane diversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How often have you wanted to give a black flag to a traffic cop?  IT was all very sudden, between Nelspruit and Machadodorp on the way to Soccer City for that concert. As the Bambi Hotel loomed up ahead in half-derelict glory, a maniacal, spiky-haired backpacker leapt into the road in a manner that would have severely dinged the bakkie had I not swerved to a tyre-screeching stop.

He wrung his hands and bowed - in supplication, not appreciation - making his way to the window, which I gingerly opened.

"'Allo! I 'ave zees problème ... I 'ave to get to Caroleena in a beeg 'urry," he said. I pointed out that we were not going to "Caroleena" but to Johannesburg. He didn't seem to find this important.

"We are in Amazing Race! You know it?" Animated. "We are weening. We must get to Caroleena or we are disqualified." French and hysterical.

This was a first. "I will take you to Machadodorp. Only."

A Gallic shrug and a pout; he scrambled into the canopied back with his glum duo-partner plus a cameraman and adjusted his hair for the next take.

In the spirit of the competition, I cranked up the bakkie, bound for the highway, followed by a minibus marked "SECURITY". This was fun.

A tap on the window behind my head. I pulled it open. "Eef you see anuzzer concurrent, we stop to give zem zees drapeau!" shouted our coiffed competitor, waving a black flag.

His English was faltering so I answered in French. His face almost fell off in astonishment - and then he regaled me with the whole trauma.

They had been travelling for six weeks, through Egypte, Kenya and Tanzanie to Afrique du Sud. The race would end in Cape Town 10 days later.
He and his sullen friend were ahead and looking at à100000. A million bucks. On this section, however, they were lagging and if they didn't shake off the dreaded black flag onto another competitor, they'd lose a place.

This was serious. I speeded up further.

Read the whole story here:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/travel/article956415.ece/Accidental-Tourist--A-hair-raising-race-to-Carolina
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »
OMG! I love Peking Express. I watched 1 season of this show and I loved it even thought I cannot understand French. Very different from TAR!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 04:31:50 AM »
OMG! I love Peking Express. I watched 1 season of this show and I loved it even thought I cannot understand French. Very different from TAR!

Rosalyne and Candice! :hearts:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »

It's awesome, but it is mainly based in getting a car fast and getting to only 2 different destinations... No tasks except for the immunity one, and it is somehow not as TAR. Still, I love them both.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
There is both a French and a Spanish version. Is that right?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »
There is both a French and a Spanish version. Is that right?

And I'm afraid that a Dutch, Belgian, German, Dansk... :lol:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 03:46:31 PM »
The map of Pékin Express 2011 will be revealed to the press next friday.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »

Rosalyne and Candice! :hearts:

:hearts: :wohoo: :hearts: :wohoo: My favorite team! Too bad they lost in the finale.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »
News for this season! We know the teams and the legs.

The teams are:

- Jean Pierre & François, friends
- Laetitia & Dianéba, half sisters
- Luc & Clémence, maried and retired
- Ludovic & Samuel, brothers from Belgium
- Damien & Noella, couple
- Julie & Nathalie, Mother and girl
- Pierre & Isabelle, divorcees or unmaried
- Karim & Leila, young maried
- Ingrid & Nicolas, Do not know & single
- Denis & César, Do not know & opposite

Pictures of this teams are here : http://www.purepeople.com/article/pekin-express-la-route-des-grands-fauves-dix-duos-explosifs-en-images_a76773/1

Now, the legs are:

Leg 1: Gizeh - Port Said (Egypt)
Leg 2 : Port Said - Meidum (Egypt)
Leg 3 : Lake Victoria - Nakuru (Kenya)
Leg 4 : Nakuru - Nairobi (Kenya)
Leg 5 : Nairobi - Mombassa (Kenya)
Leg 6 : Kilimandjaro - Same (Tanzania)
Leg 7 : Same - Dar Es Salam (Tanzania)
Leg 8 : Zanzibar (Tanzania)
Leg 9 : Johannesburgh - Newcastle (South Africa)
Leg 10: Newcastle - Clarens (South Africa)
Leg 11 : Butha Buthe - Maseru (Lesotho) (TAR has never visited this country)
Leg 12 : Cape Town (South Africa)

For more informations: http://www.leblogtvnews.com/article-les-etapes-de-pekin-express-la-route-des-grands-fauves-70513659.html

Pékin Express premiere the wednesday 20th april.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
Thank you freds!! I am going to polish up my French and watch this if I can find it!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
From the website: (Google translated )

The first episode of this new edition of Peking Express will indeed be broadcast Wednesday, April 20th at 20:45 on M6. Let the adventure begin!

Monday, March 28, 2011: For its new, sixth edition, Peking Express has decided to fly to unknown lands in Africa. Egyptian pyramids to the summits of Mount Kilimanjaro through the wilds of Kenya, Tanzania and Lesotho, and ended in Cape Town, South Africa, the flagship program of adventure M6 takes a sublime landscape , never before visited by any other foreign-language version of the show. Friday, March 25, the chain gave a press conference at which we were invited to unveil a preview of the new season. If assembly of the first episode was not yet complete, it is the eyes full of emotion and pride that Stéphane Rotenberg , host star of the show, we talked about some pictures of the adventure - chosen from 1500 hours of rush - we were able to discover in exclusivity.

Peking Express - The route of the great beasts is ... disrupted filming damn!
Bibiane Godfroid, program director of the chain, will introduce the same press conference by saying: "When we go somewhere, something happens. This year is the spring of revolutions (in the Arab world, Ed ) , last year the monsoons, and a few years ago an insurgency in Thailand. To know what will happen next year, he will learn on the road to Beijing Express " .
Stéphane Rotenberg, very fit and full of humor, then tells us how he and the team have been closely monitored throughout the duration of filming in Egypt by the tourist police that he decided to nickname: the FBI. For Peking Express is not less than 145 people, including 17 cameras, which roam 10 000 km for 45 days. And when all those "small" world is faced with survoltées authorities , the shooting is somewhat upset: Candidates are not allowed to sleep in the population for security reasons (for Stephane, he would simply be a desire the "FBI" to control everything). Luckily they can still spend the evening at the home before joining the camp to 23h. Cameras Peking Express must draw a line under the lights at the inhabitant and of course the famous farewell scene full of emotion. It is of course fear of the authorities that the Egyptians speak French before the cameras! Fortunately, another incredible adventure and a great breath of freedom await our adventurers Kenya! The modification of the roadmap has nevertheless made ​​to reach this new stage: they were all transferred to the country by plane.

Stéphane Rotenberg like to set the record straight on this continent which he is mad : "This is a magical continent, far from the picture given by the cinema or television news."

Peking Express - The route of the great beasts is ... a cast explosive!
To continue on the road of large numbers, Peking Express is also not less than 30 000 applications. A choice that has allowed the show to get their hands on gems. And who says gems called "products" imported straight from Belgium, a new Eldorado of reality TV. This is the case of Ludovic and Samuel , brothers overexcited, but also that of Damien and Noella , a couple is totally misplaced. You will also become addicted to Luke and Mercy , retirees ambitious and Laetitia Dianéba , half-sisters and fun accomplices Julie and Natalie , mother and daughter fusional; offset the bourgeois Jean-Pierre and François honeymooners but also full Energy Karim and Leila . If Chloe is the exception that proves the rule - his duet with Anne-Marie with her ​​spoiled the adventure but eventually still allowed access to the victory of the special edition of celebrity  duets shock along with Khris Taïg - the duets are often unknown a carton. This time, M6 has the package by selecting two: single Ingrid and Nicolas and strangers who are total opposites Caesar - Baracuda lookalike - and Denis - reincarnation of Claude François . Our favorite: a duo ever seen in adventure Peking Express , ex-divorced. Indeed, divorced in 2007, Isabelle and Pierre decided to participate in the program whole adventure. In true Gossip Boy Stéphane Rotenberg ensures that the team wondered every day if those two had done it again ... or not! Last conclusion: according to the moderator, Peter continues to watch his ex-wife, now resettled, with eyes of love!

The bonus: During the press conference, M6 could not resist giving us a bonus: a few pictures of the famous cast. And there is no objection to it, these are real phenomena. Ingrid then arrives with a small pink bag, the divorced Peter and Isabelle did not seem to agree on the date of divorce - nearly two years, anyway! Francis says he is a bourgeois shifted not at all "traditional Catholic" and said that his wife is claustrophobic as to make it do real detours to avoid passing through a tunnel. Oh yes, yes, Peking Express is not for her! Damien is a trade unionist, Noella, cashier. Today, it seems completely crazy Belgian couple more in love than ever. Ludovic and Samuel are brothers confident that never end: "I would put my body on the table!" Finally, Leila says humorously: "Marriage is indeed a story but in fact it a nuisance! "

Peking Express - The route of the great beasts  is ... new rules!
Introduction of the green jersey, a "joker immunity. A duo can use it to save themselves from elimination at the end of a stage if he thinks he finished last. Used only once during the adventure, the candidates will not know until the end of the route if the green jersey was put to good use ... or not. So it's a joker, all the dangers! This sixth edition also signs the arrival of the "surprise team" (at a predetermined stage, candidates will vote for the return of a team eliminated) and "split teams (a team can divide the other during a step: a member will try to win immunity in a test, while the other will leave alone stop until the finish line). Stephen insists that, against all odds, even only facing the camera, the candidates are magic!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 09:22:12 AM »
Beautiful images! I want to see it although my french sucks and i understand only half of what is said

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »
Me too but looks wonderful!! Hope we can find some links to watch like we had for China Rush!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
The translation of the video:

Speaker : Pékin express, the road of great wildcats. An incredible race across the entire africa with one euro for each contestant for each days. Ten teams of contestants participated at the race the most important of her life.

César : It’s wouldn’t be an easy season.

Speaker : They decided to live the adventure in couple, family, between friends or they don’t know. It’s by team of two that they traveled five country.

Voice : Beautiful, Madman’s thing

Speaker : Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Lesotho and South Africa. They started at the legendary pyramids of Gizeh and traveled 10, 000 kilometers to join the extreme south of the continent, the cape of the good hope.

Voice : It’s incredible.

Speaker : Pyramids of egypt to banks of the victoria lake, eternal snow of kilimandjaro to paradisiac beach of zanzibar island, greats wildcats of the savanna to the elephant of africa, mythical territory of the masai in tanzania to mysterious summit of the lesotho

Voice : Seriously, i don’t found my words !

Speaker : they will live an experience unprecedented

Ludovic and Samuel, the overexcited brothers

Luc and clemence, the ambitious retired

Luc : You can drive fast… Ok, my love, we go ?

Laetitia and Dianéba, the sisters with great heart

Jean Pierre and François, the rich

Jean Pierre or François : I have height of it the bottom

Jean Pierre or François :You have height of it the bottom… We go !

Pierre and Isabelle, divorcee

Isabelle : It’s beautiful, majestic

Julie and Nathalie, the mother and the girl

Julie or Nathalie : Look at the pyramids !

Damien and Noella

Karim and Leila
Together : morocco, morocco !

Ingrid and Nicolas, do not know and single

Nicolas : Your heart will beat intensely.

Denis and Nicolas, do not know and opposite

Denis : We have two teams to catch up.

Speaker : For the crossing of an entire continent, the contestants will have a budget of one euro for each day and each person.

Contestant: I can’t do anymore.

Speaker : At each leg, the last team will be eliminated.12 legs to cross, 5 country to traveled, 10, 000 kilometers to go through and after 45 days of race, only one team can win until 100 000 euros.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »
Thanks freds!
I love Denis et Nicolas. They look very funny together.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 09:54:42 AM »
Oh freds!! We all will thank you for that!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 12:21:49 PM »
I think this is Pekin Express in Kenya... looks like their clue envelopes.

From here:
http://twitpic.com/4h70z4

From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere