The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

Pekin Express 2011

<< < (2/9) > >>

freds:
I know pékin express and i like it. I watched on the french TV since the first season. This TV Show is a little similar to the amazing race because each contestant have at least 1€ per day.  Last year, we have two season, a season for celebrity across India (New Delhi, Bombay, Agra, Bangalore and others city) with 5 teams and  7 legs. The celebrity played for the charity. In the other season, 10 teams are present for 12 legs in Ecuador (Quito, Chimborazo, Guayaquil...), Chile (Calama, Atacama Desert, Valparaiso, Santiago...) and Argentina (Mendoza,  Cordoba, Buenios Aires, Perito Moreno and the final leg at Ushuaia...). Among the teams, one of them (or two in the 6th season) is a team where the contestant don't know the other contestant of his team. So, it's an handicap. To travel, the constestant hike vehicle or bus but not train or plane. The night, constestants don't sleep in a hotel, they search herself in the city where they are stopped. It's difficult to the teams to found a home where people accept to welcome her. I don't know what is the journey of this race but it's will be reveal some weeks before the begining of the broadcast on TV. If you want to watch past seasons, it's very difficult to found on youtube. You can only found videos of the spanish edition (3 seasons). However, you can watch video on the website of Pékin Express but i don't know if you can see in an other country like USA.

georgiapeach:
I tried today freds, and the videos were blocked for me. :(

Could you please take a look here and see if you can find where they revealed the route? It must have been some sort of official reveal, but I can't find it...
Maybe check the vids? ???

Thanks!

http://www.m6.fr/emission-pekin_express_duos_de_choc/

georgiapeach:
Freds just sent this along...what a hoot!! Love it!!

Accidental Tourist: A hair-raising race to Carolina
Mar 13, 2011 12:00 AM | By Chris Harvie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hysterical French backpackers in a beeg ’urry prompt a high-octane diversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Quote ---How often have you wanted to give a black flag to a traffic cop?  IT was all very sudden, between Nelspruit and Machadodorp on the way to Soccer City for that concert. As the Bambi Hotel loomed up ahead in half-derelict glory, a maniacal, spiky-haired backpacker leapt into the road in a manner that would have severely dinged the bakkie had I not swerved to a tyre-screeching stop.

He wrung his hands and bowed - in supplication, not appreciation - making his way to the window, which I gingerly opened.

"'Allo! I 'ave zees problčme ... I 'ave to get to Caroleena in a beeg 'urry," he said. I pointed out that we were not going to "Caroleena" but to Johannesburg. He didn't seem to find this important.

"We are in Amazing Race! You know it?" Animated. "We are weening. We must get to Caroleena or we are disqualified." French and hysterical.

This was a first. "I will take you to Machadodorp. Only."

A Gallic shrug and a pout; he scrambled into the canopied back with his glum duo-partner plus a cameraman and adjusted his hair for the next take.

In the spirit of the competition, I cranked up the bakkie, bound for the highway, followed by a minibus marked "SECURITY". This was fun.

A tap on the window behind my head. I pulled it open. "Eef you see anuzzer concurrent, we stop to give zem zees drapeau!" shouted our coiffed competitor, waving a black flag.

His English was faltering so I answered in French. His face almost fell off in astonishment - and then he regaled me with the whole trauma.

They had been travelling for six weeks, through Egypte, Kenya and Tanzanie to Afrique du Sud. The race would end in Cape Town 10 days later.
He and his sullen friend were ahead and looking at ŕ100000. A million bucks. On this section, however, they were lagging and if they didn't shake off the dreaded black flag onto another competitor, they'd lose a place.

This was serious. I speeded up further.
--- End quote ---

Read the whole story here:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/travel/article956415.ece/Accidental-Tourist--A-hair-raising-race-to-Carolina

eragon:
OMG! I love Peking Express. I watched 1 season of this show and I loved it even thought I cannot understand French. Very different from TAR!

Cocoa:

--- Quote from: eragon on March 19, 2011, 12:23:46 AM ---OMG! I love Peking Express. I watched 1 season of this show and I loved it even thought I cannot understand French. Very different from TAR!

--- End quote ---

Rosalyne and Candice! :hearts:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version