Author Topic: Take the Money and Run  (Read 52145 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Take the Money and Run
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »
We've been hearing about this...ABC's answer to TAR>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN (ABC) - The "heart stopping competition" series, featuring "a game of cat and mouse between two teams," is set to launch Thursday, April 14 at 8:00/7:00c. Six episodes have been ordered of the project, which comes from "The Amazing Race" executive producers Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Elise Doganieri.

Read more:  Wednesday, January 19 | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/01/19/development-update-wednesday-january-19-732524/9075/#ixzz1Bo1qpZgO
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Take the Money and Run
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »
This was in the ABC casting site, and there were many more casting notices for SF Bay Area, suggesting that may be the first stop.

From the producers of The Amazing Race, CSI, and Cold Case comes an entirely new heart stopping competition show for ABC called Take the Money and Run.

The series is a game of cat and mouse between two teams. The week long filming process will be an experience to remember. The perfect, two-person team would be energetic, confident and competitive. We are looking for teams that know their cities like the back of their hand and are ready for the ultimate rush to try and win $100,000!!!

Casting Directors are currently searching for exciting teams in the following areas:
Northern California's Bay Area
Florida's Broward County and Miami
Chicago, IL

Please send your email submission before the December 2nd deadline to: Takethemoneycasting@gmail.com
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
And this as well from EW:

ABC books new reality series from Jerry Bruckheimer
by Lynette Rice

Sure, it may share the same title of the 1969 mockumentary, but don’t go looking for Woody Allen’s Virgil Starkwell anywhere: ABC is expected to announce that it will air a new competition show from Jerry Bruckheimer called Take the Money and Run. The show will bow on Thursday, April 14 and air for six weeks through May 19. It is expected to replace Wipeout, which will have completed its winter run.

The unscripted series, which was previously dubbed Catch Me, features teammates competing in an adrenaline-fueled adventure game. Bertram Van Munster, who executive produces The Amazing Race with Bruckheimer, will also serve as an EP on Run.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/abc-books-new-reality-series-from-jerry-bruckheimer/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »
It should be another flop. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:33:04 AM »
Looks like we have a date!

ABC Says ‘Take the Money and Run’
09 Feb 2011 : 

It has been announced that US network, ABC will launch the American format of Wild Rover’s show, ‘Take the Money and Run’ on April 14th. The format, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, was originally developed by Wild Rover’s Philip Morrow alongside Matthew Worthy and Kieran Doherty.

Jerry Bruckheimer, the US producer behind ‘CSI’ and ‘The Amazing Race’, teamed with ‘Amazing Race’ creator Bertram van Munster to produce six episodes for US network ABC and the show has now nabbed the network’s in the 8pm Thursday time-slot.

‘Take the Money and Run’ was created by Wild Rover’s Philip Morrow (Secret Fortune), Matthew Worthy (Scratch and Sniff’s Den of Doom) and Kieran Doherty (writer, Sesame Tree). The series is a game of cat and mouse between a pair of two-people teams. In a previous interview with IFTN Philip Morrow did not wish to give anything away about the show’s concept, but did tell us that the series will challenge participants to commit the perfect crime and get away with it. The winning team will walk away with $100,000.

The ABC series’ executive producers are Jerry Bruckheimer, multi Emmy winners Bertram van Munster (The Amazing Race), Elise Doganieri (The Amazing Race Asia), Jonathan Littman (Chase) and Philip Morrow. The series is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Television, Profiles TV and Horizon Alternative TV.

Wild Rover productions have retained UK and Ireland rights to the format and, when asked if Irish and British audiences can expect to see a home-grown version of the show Philip told IFTN he was optimistic this will be the case “Indeed, we’re seeing a growth in the level of interest in the format, on the back of ABC using it.” he explained.

http://www.iftn.ie/broadcast/BroadcastNews/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4283648&tpl=archnews&force=1
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
I just saw a promo for this on Expedition Impossible. Did it not air in April? It said it was supposed to start in August.

This idea is from BVM as far as I know and is an unscripted show where one team takes the money and runs and the other team is supposed to track them down and catch them.

http://abc.go.com/watch/clip/take-the-money-and-run/FK_TMR/PL55132472/VD55132419/take-the-money-and-run/promos?cid=abccomsearch_results
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:24:02 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 01:51:33 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »
Oh really? That came fast! I'll have to try to remember to watch. :tup: Looks like an intriguing show concept.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »
That link says it starts at 8 but it is 8 now and Wipeout is on. I saw a promo during Wipeout that said TTMAR actually starts at 9PM.
Now I can stop watching Wipeout and wait till 9 :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Take the Money and Run *Spoilers*
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
SPOILERS!

I like this show as a whole. It is an interesting concept that will keep me watching this season. As far as episode one I guessed from the beginning that the cops would win based on the poor strategy set up by the brothers. They did not really seem to know what they were doing so they chose to drive around randomly and then pick some place to shallowly bury it in the dirt. Not only that but Paul was so unprepared mentally that he took the whole interrogation too seriously and gave in.
Hopefully the next couple will be better strategizers and make it a little more of an even game. The prize should really go to the interrogators though, as they seemed to do most of the investigating as well.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:29:43 PM by Prophet »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
Did Any TAR fans recognize where the 'prison cells' were located  ;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 02:14:09 PM »
I thought this episode was much better than the first. Jimmy and Zuly were an extremely smart pair from start to finish. Watching their interrogations was both entertaining and refreshing because they actually did not take the interrogators' bluffs so seriously. The detectives (can't remember their names) I thought were quite clueless the entire time, partly because Jim and Zuly had left no leads, and partly because the detectives expected the interrogators to do everything. But Paul was completed focused on the 119 street stuff the entire time and refused to waver, especially with his silly lie detector tests :lol: But the detectives also did not thoroughly investigate the Bridgette lead, I thought.
All in all, it was a good episode. Can't wait for next time, with the "wild goose chase" :lol:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:04:55 AM by Prophet »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
No update?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »
I forgot to post about last week. :lol:

The two sisters tried to make a very complicated route and dumped the case out on the side of the road. However the detectives were able to analyze the route easily and pinpointed the spot where they must have hid it. The interrogations were not very productive. However, because of dedication to footwork the detectives found the case on their own.

I thought the detectives definitely deserved to win this round because they were much more diligent than any of the other detectives so far. I liked their attitudes a lot and found myself annoyed by the sisters. Another good episode. :tup:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:04:48 AM by Prophet »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »
I forgot to post about last week. :lol:

The two sisters tried to make a very complicated route and dumped the case out on the side of the road. However the detectives were able to analyze the route easily and pinpointed the spot where they must have hid it. The interrogations were not very productive. However, because of dedication to footwork the detectives found the case on their own.

I thought the detectives definitely deserved to win this round because they were much more diligent than any of the other detectives so far. I liked their attitudes a lot and found myself annoyed by the sisters. Another good episode. :tup:

I loved the detectives on this episode. It is just what a detective should do. By contrast, those detectives on EP2 seemed to be waiting for death. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »
That was just the strangest interview ever :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
I thought this episode was kind of off. The two criminals were emotionally and mentally unstable and didn't deserve to win. I'm glad they didn't, but the detectives were blah. :P Hope the next one is better.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »
Last night's episode was another disappointment. What kind of loser gets so caught up with his story telling and the nice woman listening to him, that he completely spills the beans about where they hid the money? Without even being pressed much about it?  :groan:

The hiders also wasted over half of their time trying to hide the case on the roof of a building when they had no ladder and no immediate hope of getting inside the building to access the roof. Their eventual solution of hiding the money with a realtor friend seemed a good one at first glance. However, since they had a property listed for sale with the realtor and they had driven past the office, I think the cops would have eventually checked the realtor out even if the father had kept his big mouth shut.

I'll probably check out future episodes if I happen to be watching TV when it's on, but from the 2 or 3 episodes I've seen, Take The Money And Run isn't very good and needs quite a bit of tweaking. Or at least better casting.

Here's a link to interrogator Paul Bishop's blog. He has some occasional insights about episodes of the show.
http://bishsbeat.blogspot.com/

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »
Since this show sucks, I'd like to see ABC cancel it and resurrect the Mole.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »

I'll probably check out future episodes if I happen to be watching TV when it's on.

It's gonna be the finale next week...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:49 AM »
The show doesn't suck but I agree with Plaidmoon, it needs better casting. I can't believe how bad people are at this. How hard can it be to hide it somewhere and then keep your mouth shut for two days? Instead out of five episodes we have had three contestants give up the answer :groan:

However if they only casted really smart people then the detectives job would be next to impossible. Why would they have ever thought to look in that guy's office if he had not told them where to look? There were hundreds of apartments and stores, etc. on their route.

So maybe it is a dead end idea.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
Raul, one contestant from EP1, told the fans on Facebook that there was a lot of things that didn't show in an episode. There must be many things that we can't know...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。