The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Zev Glassenberg & Justin Kanew (friends)

<< < (4/17) > >>

georgiapeach:
 Keoghan explains the show's picks below.

Justin and Zev — Season 15, 9th place
Last we saw them: The best buddies were eliminated when Justin discovered he lost Zev's passport — after they arrived first at the Pit Stop.
Why they deserve a second chance: "It was so sad when they got eliminated," Keoghan says. "They were just unlucky. They're a team that definitely deserved a second chance because they're strong enough to win. There's no doubt about it. They were definitely more calculated this time. They come out the gate strong."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-explains-why-these-11-teams-have-unfinished-business/56742

Dånooky:
Duck Whisperer FTW!

georgiapeach:
Catching Up with Zev and Justin from Amazing Race
February 20, 2011
Autism Speaks

Zev and Justin’s friendship started six years ago when they were working as camp counselors and the two have been very close ever since.  Zev has Asperger’s Syndrome, but they don’t let it affect their relationship.  They share friends and interests, and the friendship is as mutually beneficial as any could be.

Are you excited about the upcoming season of Amazing Race?
Justin Kanew: We are really excited!

How are you guys connected?
J: We both went to Greylock Camp in Massachusetts as kids and was a little older…
Zev Glassenberg: You are still older than me…
J: (Laughs) I came back as a counselor and we ran a world-class flag football program together.

Why did you choose to come back?
Z: Well, we wanted to come back for redemption and also for an amazing adventure.
J: I was literally praying for the opportunity to return since Camp Zobio when we lost the passport.

What makes you guys such a good pair?
J: Zev says he’s the amazing and I’m the race!

What is the game plan for this season?
Z: Well we just want to win and to have a good time and compete the best we can. We just will rely on each other and not on other people.
J: We also want to keep up a good attitude and just to be good to each other. We do not trust anybody! Just wanted to make sure we were standing on our own feet

Zev, how does having Asperger’s Syndrome affect you as a player in Amazing Race.
Z: The first time I was going into this brand new world and didn’t know what to expect. I had to change my routine and that was bothersome and worrisome. This time I knew more of what to expect, but it was still worried.

What is it like being back on The Amazing Race?
Z: Amazing. I lived my dream twice! I had a blast! I want to do it again and again and again. They should just have us on every season!
J: Ha, Ha, Ha!

So what are your day jobs?
Z: I’m an aspiring actor.
J: I work for National Lampoon making movies. It is a fun place to be.

What are your hobbies and interests?
Z: Reading books.
J: And rooting for the lakers
Z: I’d say that’s an interest.
J: Explain your art
Z: I do stuff with whole punches. I use a special paper and punch holes then glue whole punches into a design.

We have to ask, did you hang onto your passports this time around?
J: Heyyoooo!
Z: We were checking every 5 minutes.
J: I thought we’d get through one interview without that question! Zev had permission to ask me every 5 seconds. We were constantly checking!
Z: It was like a newborn baby. We wanted to make sure it was there and alive!

Catch up with the guys on Twitter at  @zevglassenberg and @justin_kanew

http://blog.autismspeaks.org/2011/02/20/zev-justin-interview/

Reilly Queens:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on February 26, 2011, 10:38:58 PM ---
J: I thought we’d get through one interview without that question! Zev had permission to ask me every 5 seconds. We were constantly checking!

--- End quote ---

Best Line!  :lol3:

LoveRocked:

--- Quote from: Kandace_KML on February 26, 2011, 10:41:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: georgiapeach on February 26, 2011, 10:38:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Best Line!  :lol3:

--- End quote ---

:lol3:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version