Author Topic: TAR18: Ronald Hsu & Christina Hsu (father/daughter)  (Read 50646 times)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR18: Ronald Hsu & Christina Hsu (father/daughter)
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 07:38:27 PM »
I loved how Ron stopped at every food place to get some Chinese food :lol:

It was hilarious! :funny:

Yeah, but think, this is the food he grew up with, and they don't serve it in America...

Offline minnow

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 01:20:19 AM »
I am still  laughing with tears in my eyes at last nights episode between catching the bus and checking out those little fishes and eating the candy or getting dizzy or throwing stuff.   Best team they ever had.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 03:18:14 AM »
Hungry Ron was funny, wasn't he??

:welcome2: to RFF, minnow!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »
When he stopped for the fishes.. i laughed hysterically... some may find it extremely irritating.. but it kinda reminded me of Oswald and Danny. You know.. taking their own time but still doing relatively well? :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 09:13:19 AM »
When he stopped for the fishes.. i laughed hysterically... some may find it extremely irritating.. but it kinda reminded me of Oswald and Danny. You know.. taking their own time but still doing relatively well? :lol:

If I was Christina, Ron wouldn't have been walking away from those fish without some sort of injury :snicker:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 09:26:46 AM »

If I was Christina, Ron wouldn't have been walking away from those fish without some sort of injury :snicker:

I'll probably drag him by the collar if he was my dad. :lol3:

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »
The guy selling the fish must have been upset at Christina.....
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »
Ron might be at that point in life where he is developing blood sugar problems.......either diabetes or hypoglycemea....... Lots of travel, stress and very irregular meal times could really be affecting him.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 05:31:17 PM »
It was interesting to see a dynamic reversal with Christina reprimanding Ron for a change
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 05:50:52 PM »
It was interesting to see a dynamic reversal with Christina reprimanding Ron for a change
Especially within the same episode that Ron also had probably his angriest moment on either race!
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »
You are so ridiculous. :lol:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »
I want some of that food as well. It looked quite good, if only he was more focused on what bus he should take...

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:58 AM »
 :<3 :hearts: :<3

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »
Thanks for sharing, AR!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

paldog123456

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
Charla and her daughter!

Offline lockdown

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 04:36:48 AM »
Interesting defeat for them

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 06:02:32 AM »
I'm glad that they didn't get eliminated on Leg 2 and went all the way to Leg 7.

And on the last leg they were pleasant and even had a foodie moment, awww.

Ronald and Christina <3

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
Azaria & Christina got married on March 19.

Here's to a blessed marriage!  :hearts: :hearts:

photo removed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:47:56 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »
Congratulations to Azaria and Christina! :party:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »
Azaria & Christina got married on March 19.

Here's to a blessed marriage!  :hearts: :hearts:

What a beautiful couple! Congratulations to Azaria and Christina.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
Though it is a bit strange that CBS\WRP did not mention this at the end of last night's episode, especially since Ron was talking about it all throughout the episode. :duno:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
Ron and Christina. :') You have already won the race in my perspective. :)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »
Ron and Christina. :') You have already won the race in my perspective. :)

They exited the race so gracefully. No epic meltdowns or what, just old simple Ron screwing up the Roadblock but not losing his temper.

Another reason why I like Christina sooooo much! :<3

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

Congratulation!!! Blessed!!! Arzarina and Christina!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:45:21 PM by georgiapeach »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business - Exclusive Interview with Ron and Christina Hsu
by Gina Scarpa

This week, on The Amazing Race, a Roadblock in India seriously slowed down Ron and Christina. He needed to find several sadhus, or holy men, and gather clues towards the meaning of life but found himself far away from where he needed to be. They ended up arriving at the pit stop last and were eliminated from the race. Today, we spoke to the father/daughter team in an exclusive interview about being all-stars, Ron's love of food, and Christina's marriage to a fellow racer.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was your reaction when you found out that you had been chosen for Unfinished Business, as an all-star team?
A. Ron: I was just elated! I couldn't believe it! I had read before that they wouldn't do another so called all-star. When they called, I had to ask Christina if she got the same call and she confirmed. Without any hesitation, we were delighted.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Were there any teams that you were excited, or not so excited, to see this time around?
A. Ron: I was excited to see Mel and Mike. I always admired their racing abilities.
A. Christina: And I was excited to see Margie and Luke, the cowboys, and the Globetrotters. I found them to be our biggest competition but we loved watching them.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: How do you feel the two of you handled the stress of the race this time around, in comparison to your first time running it?
A. Christina: I think we improved our game. My dad and I realized from the last time racing that we just never stopped racing. This time around, we took time to have a meal or tour a village or see things. We wanted to enjoy the experience together. We were calmer racers, I think.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Ron, a lot was made of your love for food this season. What was the best thing you ate on the race?
A. Ron: The best thing I ate was the dumplings in Lijiang when we got there in the early morning. We were famished and having such warm varieties of these dumplings... mushroom, meat... it was just wonderful. Piping hot! It's one of those safe street foods that you know you can eat.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Ron, what happened with the Roadblock this week? How did you end up separated from the others?
A. Ron: Yeah, that's a painful moment when I took the wrong street. I didn't see any sadhus on the street and then I went down to the river and I met one who gave me a clue. I figured that it reinforced my original thinking that they would be at the riverbanks at the holy river of the Ganges. That was my downfall. I should've gone back up to the starting point.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: How close were you to catching Kent and Vyxsin at the end of this leg?
A. Christina: It's hard to say! Every second on the race feels like an hour. We're not sure. We were told later on that we weren't that far behind.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Christina, your dad mentioned having this time with you before you get married to fellow Amazing Race contestant Azaria Azene. Meeting him must have been a serious added bonus to being on the race.
A. Christina: Oh yeah! Absolutely. We didn't win season 12 but it sounds cheesy. I feel like I really did win. It was a fun, crazy way of how we met. Even though we didn't win season 12 or season 18, I think my dad I feel like we came out on top.
A. Ron: Amen to that! We're grateful to the race, where Christina met her soulmate in July of 2007.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Ron, what has this race been like a second time around for you?
A. Ron: I just found it to be a wealth of great memories and emotion. I watched last night and I was so grateful that we got to run this race before Christina got married. We savored every moment of it. This is a wonderful time. Even though we're disappointed that we were eliminated, we had a great time and we have great memories.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Who are you rooting for?
A. Ron: All of the teams are good racers! We bonded well with the Globetrotters. We shared a room with Kisha and Jen. The cowboys are great, simple, honest folks. Zev and Justin are very good racers. I think every one of them deserve to win.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/4179-the-amazing-race-unfinished-business-exclusive-interview-with-ron-and-christina-hsu