The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Herb Lang & Nate Lofton (Big Easy & Flight Time of Harlem Globetrotters)

<< < (4/12) > >>

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on February 19, 2011, 07:20:53 PM ---OTOH, Canaan was being much more of a bully than FT&BE

--- End quote ---

Also, Mika was making a spectacle of herself.

Jobby:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on February 19, 2011, 07:20:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Joab on February 19, 2011, 07:10:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on February 18, 2011, 07:31:57 PM ---I don't know what everyone thinks was so bad about the globetrotters trash talking. They knew coming into that task that they were last, and needed a small miracle to stay in it. It's not like they physically pushed her off the slide so they could jump in first or anything like that.

What I don't understand even more is why people love Rob & Amber, who made a race career out of trash talking and psyching out other teams, yet hate the globetrotters for exactly the same thing.

--- End quote ---

It is bad because it's STILL trash talking! They needed a small miracle to stay in, that's right. But they could have just kept their mouth shut and let Mika give up on the task herself and not discourage her. I absolutely loathe that scene and i scringed whenever i see that scene again on TV. There should be NO EXCUSES made for unacceptable behavior while on the race. It's just like school bullies.. some people will say because they come from dysfunctional families and that is why they behave that way.. BUT STILL, NO EXCUSES for you causing pain and hurt to others??

Definitely NOT a fan and have classified this team amongst other teams with bad reputation such as Marshall and Lance. :res:

--- End quote ---
OTOH, Canaan was being much more of a bully than FT&BE

--- End quote ---

:res: Have you finished the entire episode? To take the whole thing with grace and later encouraging Mika on the pitstop mat and said it's not her fault = class act?

During times where you're stressed by your OWN team mate who refuses to complete a SIMPLE challenge, all he did was to be just a little more rough. We've seen teams with a much worser attitude than Canaan please. Remember Brooke told Claire she just gotta suck it up after being hit by an entire watermelon?? People just don't remember this and see it as a "never say die attitude" just because they're an all-female team.

Imagine if Canaan were to tell Mika to suck it up after she got hit by a similar watermelon task.. how many people will go.. OMG HE'S SUCH A JERK???

How is Canaan behaving worst than FT and BE?? I don't really get the way you see it, but then again to each his own. So i respect your POV. :tup:

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Joab on February 19, 2011, 07:27:18 PM --- :res: Have you finished the entire episode? To take the whole thing with grace and later encouraging Mika on the pitstop mat and said it's not her fault = class act?

During times where you're stressed by your OWN team mate who refuses to complete a SIMPLE challenge, all he did was to be just a little more rough. We've seen teams with a much worser attitude than Canaan please. Remember Brooke told Claire she just gotta suck it up after being hit by an entire watermelon?? People just don't remember this and see it as a "never say die attitude" just because they're an all-female team.

Imagine if Canaan were to tell Mika to suck it up after she got hit by a similar watermelon task.. how many people will go.. OMG HE'S SUCH A JERK???

--- End quote ---

So maybe the Globetrotters were just stressed about being behind?

DrRox:

--- Quote from: Joab on February 19, 2011, 07:10:09 PM ---It is bad because it's STILL trash talking! They needed a small miracle to stay in, that's right. But they could have just kept their mouth shut and let Mika give up on the task herself and not discourage her. I absolutely loathe that scene and i scringed whenever i see that scene again on TV. There should be NO EXCUSES made for unacceptable behavior while on the race. It's just like school bullies.. some people will say because they come from dysfunctional families and that is why they behave that way.. BUT STILL, NO EXCUSES for you causing pain and hurt to others??

Definitely NOT a fan and have classified this team amongst other teams with bad reputation such as Marshall and Lance. :res:

--- End quote ---

So Joab, where does Ron fit in your list of bad reputations? He was much much worse to his own daughter than FT/BE ever were to Mika.

Prophet:

--- Quote from: DrRox on February 19, 2011, 07:29:19 PM ---So Joab, where does Ron fit in your list of bad reputations? He was much much worse to his own daughter than FT/BE ever were to Mika.

--- End quote ---

An excellent point!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version