The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Herb Lang & Nate Lofton (Big Easy & Flight Time of Harlem Globetrotters)

<< < (3/12) > >>

kiki:
I don't hate the Globetrotters, on the contrary I like them. What they did with Mica I don't think it's that bad. They were almost laughing when they were saying those things. Besides Mica was hysterical long before they arrived. I don't think that it was the Globbetrotters who influenced her so much that she didn't do the task, in her mind she had already decided not to do it.

connayyy:
I don't think the Globetrotters were even trash talking Mika. All they said was, "Mika, don't do it. It's high, if you're scared then don't do it." Saying "don't do it" really isn't that bad, they almost seemed to be saying it in a joking way.

Besides, it was pretty clear that she had never intended to go down the slide in the first place. The Globetrotters didn't change anything.

georgiapeach:
 Keoghan explains the show's picks below.

Flight Time and Big Easy — Season 15, 4th place
Last we saw them: The Harlem Globetrotters opted to incur a four-hour penalty after Big Easy gave up on unscrambling... "Franz."
Why they deserve a second chance: Who doesn't want to redeem themselves after that? "Everyone knows they're strong Racers. [Taking the penalty] was a bad choice, but I also don't know if Big Easy was ever going to unscramble it," Keoghan says. "It's hard for people to understand what's happening to teams — their brains are fried at that point. I think even the choice to take the penalty wasn't done with a lot of thought." And it forced Keoghan to sleep on the street on a mat. "They kept me waiting at the Pit Stop all night. I saw the sun set; I saw the sun rise. As soon as I saw them [this season], I said, 'Don't keep me waiting on the mat again!'"

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-explains-why-these-11-teams-have-unfinished-business/56742

Jobby:

--- Quote from: Coutzy on February 18, 2011, 07:31:57 PM ---I don't know what everyone thinks was so bad about the globetrotters trash talking. They knew coming into that task that they were last, and needed a small miracle to stay in it. It's not like they physically pushed her off the slide so they could jump in first or anything like that.

What I don't understand even more is why people love Rob & Amber, who made a race career out of trash talking and psyching out other teams, yet hate the globetrotters for exactly the same thing.

--- End quote ---

It is bad because it's STILL trash talking! They needed a small miracle to stay in, that's right. But they could have just kept their mouth shut and let Mika give up on the task herself and not discourage her. I absolutely loathe that scene and i scringed whenever i see that scene again on TV. There should be NO EXCUSES made for unacceptable behavior while on the race. It's just like school bullies.. some people will say because they come from dysfunctional families and that is why they behave that way.. BUT STILL, NO EXCUSES for you causing pain and hurt to others??

Definitely NOT a fan and have classified this team amongst other teams with bad reputation such as Marshall and Lance. :res:

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: Joab on February 19, 2011, 07:10:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on February 18, 2011, 07:31:57 PM ---I don't know what everyone thinks was so bad about the globetrotters trash talking. They knew coming into that task that they were last, and needed a small miracle to stay in it. It's not like they physically pushed her off the slide so they could jump in first or anything like that.

What I don't understand even more is why people love Rob & Amber, who made a race career out of trash talking and psyching out other teams, yet hate the globetrotters for exactly the same thing.

--- End quote ---

It is bad because it's STILL trash talking! They needed a small miracle to stay in, that's right. But they could have just kept their mouth shut and let Mika give up on the task herself and not discourage her. I absolutely loathe that scene and i scringed whenever i see that scene again on TV. There should be NO EXCUSES made for unacceptable behavior while on the race. It's just like school bullies.. some people will say because they come from dysfunctional families and that is why they behave that way.. BUT STILL, NO EXCUSES for you causing pain and hurt to others??

Definitely NOT a fan and have classified this team amongst other teams with bad reputation such as Marshall and Lance. :res:

--- End quote ---
OTOH, Canaan was being much more of a bully than FT&BE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version