The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Herb Lang & Nate Lofton (Big Easy & Flight Time of Harlem Globetrotters)

(1/12) > >>

RealityFreakWill:

Herb and Nate

Name (Age): Herb Lang (34)
Hometown: Brinkley, Ark.
Connection to your Teammate: Harlem Globetrotters Teammate
Current Occupation: Professional Basketball player with the Harlem Globetrotters
Previous Season/Result: Season 15/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Trusting that Dan would keep his word.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: When Big Easy found the needle in the haystack for a first place finish on my birthday!

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Sweden and Vietnam because we came in first both times.

Why do you want to run the Race again? Redemption -- and to win it all!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I haven't changed. I'm still the same.

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about winning -- and being with the Globetrotters for over 10 years, I've gotten used to it!

People would be surprised to learn: That we didn't take either of the two trips we won on our season.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia – I've been to 80 countries, but I've never been there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We always felt we are our biggest challenges. We determine how we do, not the other teams.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): We want to accomplish what we did last time. We want to run a good race and be an example to everyone that you don't have to be jerks to be competitive and do well.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He snores like you wouldn't believe!

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Invest some and donate some to charity.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: None! Just win!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Nate Lofton (29)
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
Connection to your Teammate: Harlem Globetrotters Teammate
Current Occupation: Professional Basketball player with the Harlem Globetrotters
Previous Season/Result: Season 15/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Over-thinking the game and not taking my time to concentrate.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Winning first place for “Flight Time” on his birthday.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Vietnam was my favorite place to visit because the people were awesome.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I want to win!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I'm way more relaxed now than I was the first time around.

What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about my kids and my family.

People would be surprised to learn: I am afraid of horror movies.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: I want to go to Australia because every Harlem Globetrotter says it is their favorite country and I want to see what the fuss is about.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Hopefully, we won't face any really big challenges. We ran a good race last time and hopefully will do the same this time around.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I want everyone to see that athletes can be great role models.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He is too nice sometimes.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I want to open a gym in the neighborhood where I grew up.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I don't think so. I think we ran a great Race.

RealityFreakWill:
new video in 1st post.

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Peace, Love, TAR! :D on February 17, 2011, 04:51:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Joab on February 14, 2011, 09:38:39 PM ---Actually, i'm only not rooting for Globetrotters. I'm fine with any other teams winning. :tup:

And if Globetrotters win... :res:

--- End quote ---

:lol3: I guess I'm okay with them, I just didn't like what they did to Mika on the Leap of Faith.  :'(

--- End quote ---

They didn't do anything to change the outcome really. She had enough issues of her own.

I'm not defending them, I don't really like them either, but that wasn't that bad IMO. I don't think anybody has to worry about them winning, they aren't very good at the Race. I'm surprised they made it as far as they did.

Prophet:

It's a sports tactic. Trash talking and intimidation is a huge part of their culture. I still don't think Mika would have ever done it though. You're going to definitely be limited on the Race if you have two huge phobias like she did.

Reilly Queens:
I'll add that that it is for a million. If I had to choose between  1,000,000 and a making a girl cry, 1 million definetly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version