Author Topic: TAR18: Margie Adams & Luke Adams (mother/son)  (Read 49823 times)

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Re: TAR18: Margie Adams & Luke Adams (mother/son)
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
I gotta admit I wasn't rooting for this team (Ron & Christina and Gary & Mallory were), but I do understand that humiliating feeling even though I wished you didn't have to become too emotional... and perhaps could've stood up on the mat to receive the greetings... it just didn't feel right walking to the Pit Stop "admitting defeat" this way... but nevertheless I'm glad you carried on to finish that Roadblock because it would have been worse if you decided to take the penalty instead... I guess had you known the other Detour choice was easier/faster than it appeared you probably would have chosen it to have a better shot at staying...

Definitely wished you stayed a little while longer though. I figured that they've showed your team much lesser this time than back in S14 meant that you would be gone quite early...

Lets say that way I was REALLY REALLY sick from the tea challenge....... There's so much footage that you guys haven't seen it....

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
Hi Luke, thanks for joining us and posting here! I have a question for you.

I just feel bad for Jaime & Cara for being U-Turned by Kent & Vyxsin – the girls didn't deserve that.

You've said this in a few interviews.  Given that you famously U-Turned Amanda & Kris in S14 with no regret or remorse saying that is was part of the game and fair (smart even) to use it,  how can you say that your friends the Cheerleaders "didnt deserve that"?

Luke Adams: I adore Kent and Vyxsin. It was the rule that we had to take a required flight and they did not follow the rule so yeah, I think they should have faced a stiffer penalty. They were only 20 minutes ahead of us when we left the Pit Stop in Japan so they could have made it on the required flight. I just feel bad for Jaime and Cara for getting screwed over with Kent and Vyxsin's U-Turn. That is not fair for the girls.

Jaime & Cara followed the rule and caught the required flight. K&V didn't. I felt that they should have faced stiffer time penalty. Only a reason we have to take the required flight because there's only one flight every 24 hours. I am not sure where K&V took a flight to. So, I felt Jaime & Cara deserved to stay over K&V. Again, it's not my rule. It's producers' rules.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »
We heard here it was a barf-a-thon, I am surprised any of you could make it to the mat! Poor Snapple. :lol:

Was it just too hard to "sniff" it out? apskip just posted some of the probabilities of finding the right cup as it got down to the last two...kinda a needle in a haystack!!  But I cried when you found it...

So glad you are back!!  :kuss:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »
Exclusive: Margie Adams and Luke Adams talk 'The Amazing Race'
By Reality TV World staff

Reality TV World: Out of the 10 other teams that were there, were there any that you were surprised to see?

Luke Adams: The only team that I was surprised to see was [Justin Kanew] and [Zev Glassenberg]. They didn't go that far in their season. There were few teams that lost passports!

Interesting take by Luke. I guess he is a tad jealous because the new special kid Zev stole his thunder all season.  :'(  

I'm not jealous of Zev. I'm just surprised to see them there. I mean, who would want to see a team back that loses their passports and they didn't go very far? On their season, I think Sam & Dan should have been back since they went much farther and their downfall was miscount poker chips.

If producers wants a story of a team who loses passports - it should have been Toni & Dallas period.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »
We heard here it was a barf-a-thon, I am surprised any of you could make it to the mat! Poor Snapple. :lol:

Was it just too hard to "sniff" it out? apskip just posted some of the probabilities of finding the right cup as it got down to the last two...kinda a needle in a haystack!!  But I cried when you found it...

So glad you are back!!  :kuss:

Exactly. That's why I sat down. I felt like I'm dying. I was in huge state of pains. Not so much fun.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 04:04:53 PM »
We would have loved to have seen Toni and Dallas too! Toni is a big RFF favorite.

Then you deserve even more credit for finishing that! Guess you are not a tea drinker now...

Were you surprised to find they weren't filming Elimination Station?? We are missing it dreadfully!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »
I'm not jealous of Zev. I'm just surprised to see them there. I mean, who would want to see a team back that loses their passports and they didn't go very far? On their season, I think Sam & Dan should have been back since they went much farther and their downfall was miscount poker chips.

If producers wants a story of a team who loses passports - it should have been Toni & Dallas period.
====================================

Read the guideline please lion.
While it is perfectly fine to explain why you think a racer or a team did not do well in a task, or behaved badly, or just isn't your favorite, it is NOT okay to be rude or impolite in doing so. We don't allow personal attacks on each other OR on our racer friends. Comments on how they raced are fair, personal attacks are not. "Don't hate on the Racers, hate the game."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:31:24 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »

Really Luke??? What does Sam and Dan have to do with Justin and Zev being in the cast? It has little to do with who places where as alot times that is luck as you clearly proved this season. It is about personality and being interesting to the audience. So quite clearly Justin and Zev have that and if crying and whining is an appealing trait I guess that is why you were called back.

Ouch. Try drinking tea for four hours and let me know how you feel, okay? At least I didn't quit.  That's the most painful thing I have ever gone through in my whole life. Plus with fatigue & hunger, etc.  You probably would have said differently if you've been on the Race and experience it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
Were you surprised at how much tougher this race was, Luke?? I think it is one of the hardest ever.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2011, 04:34:11 PM »

Really Luke??? What does Sam and Dan have to do with Justin and Zev being in the cast? It has little to do with who places where as alot times that is luck as you clearly proved this season. It is about personality and being interesting to the audience. So quite clearly Justin and Zev have that and if crying and whining is an appealing trait I guess that is why you were called back.

Ouch. Try drinking tea for four hours and let me know how you feel, okay? At least I didn't quit.  That's the most painful thing I have ever gone through in my whole life. Plus with fatigue & hunger, etc.  You probably would have said differently if you've been on the Race and experience it.
Welcome back Luke! Great to see you again.

I am really amazed that you didn't quit. I can think of so many racers that would have definitely quit the task at that point. Not quitting that task definitely earned my respect! Great job!

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »

Dear Moderator..now that I have been warned. Let us just be clear with the forum. My comments were constructive. Is it okay for Luke to hate on Justin and Zev? To Luke.. Who said I have not been on the Race?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2011, 04:42:10 PM »
Dear Moderator..now that I have been warned. Let us just be clear with the forum. My comments were constructive. Is it okay for Luke to hate on Justin and Zev? To Luke.. Who said I have not been on the Race?

We are pretty big fans of Zev and Justin here too, lion, as it is clear you are. And they get the same respect we expect you to give to Luke. A friendly discussion is fine, just keep it friendly please! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2011, 04:44:13 PM »
I too was surprised to see Zev and Justin back. I would have preferred Toni and Dallas as well.

I am impressed with your not giving up Luke. If I had to stay at a task for four hours, puking all the way I would have given up. Not only do I hate monotonous searching but no task is worth continual vomiting to me.  :lol:

Great job with perseverance and sticking with it even when you knew you were likely to be in last.  :hugs:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »

This is so true and something all of us viewers have to keep in mind. It is easy to be too critical when we don't know how it feels.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
I too was surprised to see Zev and Justin back. I would have preferred Toni and Dallas as well.

I am impressed with your not giving up Luke. If I had to stay at a task for four hours, puking all the way I would have given up. Not only do I hate monotonous searching but no task is worth continual vomiting to me.  :lol:

Great job with perseverance and sticking with it even when you knew you were likely to be in last.  :hugs:

Can I give you a BIG hug? I promise no vomit!  :lol:  It's good to know that I'm not only one who's surprised.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »
Luke, how do you feel about the TAR 14 teams slaughter happening?

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »
“I Drank So Much!” – Reality News Online’s Exclusive Interview with The Amazing Race 18's Margie & Luke
by Teeuwynn Woodruff

Margie & Luke (right) have a great mother-son dynamic. They were flying through the race until they hit the Tea Roadblock of Doom. How long was Luke at the Roadblock? Did he have to drink every cup of tea? What did they think were the best and worst parts of The Amazing Race? And what brilliant idea did Margie have that could have saved them from elimination? All this and more inside.

Reality News Online: Hello, Margie and Luke. What's been going on with you since the last time you were on the race?

Luke: I have been doing a bit of traveling and now am thinking about going back to grad school. I actually dropped out of grad school two years ago to run The Amazing Race.

Margie: I have a new love in my life, a man I knew growing up - he found me on Facebook and the only reason I was on Facebook was because Luke set up an account after we did Season 14 – so thank you Amazing Race.

RNO: Congratulations, Margie! Going into this race, did you approach it any differently than you did your first race?

Luke: We brought a much smaller backpack with us this time. It was so much easier to running around with it on our backs.

Margie: When we were told we were going to be on Season 18, Luke and I got a personal trainer. We wanted to work on upper body strength and endurance. We knew getting a second chance was not going to be easy.

RNO: Margie, do you ever get accused of being super woman?

Margie: Actually, it is the Bionic Woman. Phil started calling me that on season 18, so every now and then someone will refer to me as that.

RNO: Do you know how far behind Flight Time & Big Easy you got to the Pit Stop?

Luke: I have no idea. Maybe twenty minutes? We weren't too far behind them when we finished the Ganesha Detour.

RNO: Did you have the slightest inkling the tea you drank in China might be important later on?

Luke: No way! Because on our original season, I had to drink tea after a foot massage and it didn't play a part afterward, so I just thought it's like a Chinese ritual. Apparently, I should have paid attention closely!

Margie: We didn't think about it – silly us.

RNO: The Roadblock looked really hard. Luke, what was your strategy to find the right tea?

Luke: It was complete pure luck. Everybody was pretty much just grabbing teas randomly.

RNO: Did you try to use the fruit smells to help you?

Luke: I actually tried smelling. All the teas smelled similar so it wasn't helping very much.

RNO: How long were you searching for the correct tea?

Luke: Four hours.

RNO: Did you have to drink each cup of tea – or just taste it?

Luke: Drink! That's why I was having a hard time with it. I drank so much! Crazy.

RNO: How many cups do you think you drank?

Luke: I have no idea. There were over 1,500 teacups. I drank as fast as I could so maybe 300-400 teacups?

RNO: Yikes! I saw Mallory leave the Chinese tea tasting place with a wheel of the tea. Did you get to keep that?

Luke: No. If we could keep it, I wouldn't want to keep it! We had to give it to the man on stage. Part of the ritual, I guess.

Margie: No, you had to give it back and it smelled so good. I am sure Luke was not disappointed to turn it in.

RNO: When you carried a tray full of cups up to the judge, was that a brilliant idea come too late, or did the crew allow you to bend the rules to speed up the task?

Luke: The credit goes to my mom! That was a brilliant idea. If only we thought about that like a half hour earlier, we would have been able to beat the Globetrotters to the Pit Stop! [It came] a little bit too late.

RNO: Luke, what was your response when you saw the attendants all clapping for you to continue in the task – and what did it feel like when they cheered for you and lifted you up at the end?

Luke: That was really nice of them! So sweet. That's one of my favorite moments on The Amazing Race.

RNO: How did it feel when Luke finally finished the Roadblock?

Luke: I was so thrilled that I was able to finish it. It was the most brutal challenge in my entire life, but I finished it.

Margie: I was so proud of him for completing the task, I never could have done it.

RNO: Margie, we saw the tears in your eyes, but what was it like having to watch Luke struggle – especially after you went through the same thing in Hawaii?

Margie: This felt different from when we were in Hawaii. Luke was drinking tea for 4 hours, and there was a point I wanted him to quit, but he said no. Then when he was not sure he could complete the task I knew he would never forgive himself if he did not finish. He continued to drink until he found it. I think he was in shock when the judge said "Yes," he didn't react for a minute.

RNO: Looking back, what have you learned between your frustrating experience in Hawaii and, now, your experience in India?

Luke: Not giving up!! That's one thing for sure!

RNO: What was it like being driven around in Calcutta traffic?

Luke: It was crazy that our cab driver drove on the train track! That was scary!

Margie: Like Zev said, "CAL CRAZY!" I do not think I have ever been so scared in a car in my life.

RNO: Earlier in the race, Kent & Vyxsin missed a crucial flight and received a 30-minute penalty. Do you think that was fair?

Margie: That was not for us to determine. It is what it is – lucky them.

Luke: I adore Kent & Vyxsin. Actually, that was a rule that we had to take the required flight. They left the Pit Stop 30 minutes ahead of us and we still made it on that flight, so it made no sense that they missed it. I think they should have gotten a stiffer time penalty. I just feel bad for Jaime & Cara for being U-Turned by Kent & Vyxsin – the girls didn't deserve that.

RNO: You've been on the race twice now. What is the best and worst thing about going on the race?

Luke: The best part was seeing the world with my mom. That's something I will remember for the rest of my life. The worst part would be the tea AND the surfboard [Roadblocks]. I'm proud of myself for not giving up, though.

Margie: The best, meeting the other racers, both seasons had such fantastic people and also seeing such cool places with my son. The worst: Not being able to shower every day!

RNO: Is there anything else you want to tell us about your experiences on the race?

Luke: Visit other countries when you can! It's really amazing! I'm actually going back to Australia early next year, so I am really excited that I will be able to explore Australia at a slow pace!

Margie: Being on the race with Luke has given the world a little glimpse of what it is like to be deaf – the obstacles, challenges, frustrations, discrimination, and, mostly, the rewards.

We receive emails and Facebook posts every day talking about what an inspiration Luke has been to people, not only in the deaf community, but to hearing people as well. We have people come up to us or message us saying they learned the manual alphabet so they can finger spell if they ever meet a deaf person, or that they are following their dream to become an interpreter for the deaf, or that they are taking a sign language class so they can communicate with their deaf child. How cool is that!

RNO: That’s very cool! And thank you so much for talking to me today.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article12400.art&page=1

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
<3 Margie and Luke!! :hearts:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »

I wasn't too happy about that!! It's just odd how it happened. If it weren't for twists or superlegs. The order would have been Jet & Cord in 1st leg, Ron & Christina in 2nd leg, then it probably would be still Mel & Mel in 3rd leg, then Goths in 4th leg!!!!!

That would have been SO priceless to see the Cowboys go out FIRST!!!  

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2011, 06:37:47 PM »
Thanks for posting here Luke. Many of us here really enjoy the racer's feedback about thier experiences on the race. Congradulations on you and Margie getting to do the Amazing Race twice.....

I am like Peach and will repeat her question. Maybe you are restricted in being able to answer it, but were you surprised that Elimination Station wasn't filmed?

Again, thanks for your help in making The Amazing Race the absolute BEST reality show on TV!

PS: Try to have a great time in Miami!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:40:52 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »

I wasn't too happy about that!! It's just odd how it happened. If it weren't for twists or superlegs. The order would have been Jet & Cord in 1st leg, Ron & Christina in 2nd leg, then it probably would be still Mel & Mel in 3rd leg, then Goths in 4th leg!!!!!

Not a cowboy fan I take it? :P

I'd just like to say that I think you ran a great race this time around! Wasn't too much of a fan earlier but I seemed to like you and your mum a lot better this time.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2011, 06:27:35 AM »

:jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »

:jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

I'm lovin' Luke now more that ever!

Offline pipsy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2011, 08:29:31 AM »

Why???? :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »
And this is Luke and Margie's thread...so any discussions of other teams can go to their thread or to the "Bitch Squeal and Moan" thread please.  :ty3:
RFF's Golden Rule: