Author Topic: TAR18: Jet McCoy & Cord McCoy (brothers/cowboys)  (Read 70871 times)

Offline Tira Misu

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR18: Jet McCoy & Cord McCoy (brothers/cowboys)
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2011, 03:35:11 AM »
Glad to read those articals ,thanks for you guys providing for the link,i appreciate that:P thanks a lot.

Love cowboys since S16,glad to see them back to the race ,sad that they can't win the race finally.I still love them,their integrity, optimistic and sense of humor,which are unforgettable.

Hope to see them again.maybe next time ,they can attend the race with their wives respectively.lol.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2011, 08:10:05 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, Tira Misu!

I love the Cowboys too! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Tira Misu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, Tira Misu!

I love the Cowboys too! :hearts:

Glad to know that you love them too.Thanks for your welcome,Prophet. :yess:

I am new in RFF.It seems that i haven't went to any forum for ages,  happy to find here and settle down. :hearts:I am exciting to meet the guys who love to watch TAR as much as i do. Especiallly,to know that my favour team is same as yours..:<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »
Love your name Tira Misu!! And :welcome2: to RFF!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tira Misu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2011, 01:19:19 AM »
Love your name Tira Misu!! And :welcome2: to RFF!!

haha,thanks a lot.it is the dessert's name .They are separated by the space,cause i want to make them sounds more like a "name".lol.

thanks for the warm welcome again :hearts:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline em83

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »
I know the race is over but Cord has been in Australia for the past week and did this interesting interview with Media Week Australia about the Amazing Race.

http://mediaweekpodcasts.com/audio/2011ep55MediaweekPodcast.mp3

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum will join venues across the nation in hosting special activities Saturday to mark the National Day of the American Cowboy
The museum, 1700 NE 63, will honor the iconic American Cowboy from 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Saturday.
“The cowboy is our nation’s greatest ambassador throughout the world, representing the most admired virtues of the American people,” said Don Reeves, McCasland Chair of Cowboy Culture, on the popularity of the cowboy, in a news release.
Visiting the museum to sign autographs will be Oklahoma’s own cowboy and “Amazing Race” contestant Jet McCoy. Jet McCoy and his brother Cord McCoy, who hail from Tupelo, have twice competed on the Emmy-winning reality TV show, first on Season 16 and then on the all-star Season 18 and have become fan favorites for their courtly cowboy ways.
Music entertainers will include cowboy singer-songwriter and past Western Heritage Award winner for Outstanding New Artist Gary S. Pratt and Picket Wire of Davis, along with Western music artists Jim Garling from Guthrie and the A­ Bar Bunkhouse Band from northeastern Oklahoma.
Additionally, three screenings of John Wayne’s feature film “The Cowboys” will be aired at 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Starting at 10 a.m. is the introduction of the Miss Rodeo Oklahoma Scholarship Pageant contestants, followed at 1:30 p.m. by the announcement of the newly crowned royalty. Seventeen young ladies are vying for titles in four age divisions ranging from age 4-24. The 2010 and 2011 pageant titleholders will sign autographs from 2 to 3 p.m.
New this year, with each museum admission receipt, guests can enter The Cowboy’s A-Blazin’ Race and receive a “Passport to the West” for a chance to win prizes. The passport will guide participants through the Museum with activities and educational questions.
On the plaza, the Oklahoma State University Rodeo Team will be on hand to demonstrate roping and Master Bladesmith Brion Tomberlin, will demonstrate knife making. Brand-themed temporary tattoos will be available all day in the Children’s Cowboy Corral along with children’s storytelling at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Oklahoma County Mounted Sheriff’s Patrol will be a part of the activities again this year to greet guests as they enter the gates of the Museum.
American Cowboy magazine launched the campaign for this national day of recognition in 2004.
Several permanent galleries at the museum focus on cowboys including, the American Cowboy Gallery, the Western Performers Gallery and the American Rodeo Gallery.
For more information, call 478-2250 or go to www.nationalcowboymuseum.org.

http://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/2011/07/21/amazing-race-contender-jet-mccoy-to-appear-saturday-at-national-cowboy-museums-national-day-of-the-american-cowboy-celebration/

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2011, 07:43:35 AM »
This is rodeo week here in my hometown of Pendleton, OR (a Very Big Deal around here) and our local newspaper is devoting a lot of coverage to all the rodeo events. The Professional Bull Riders Tour (PBR) is here and apparently Cord McCoy is having a good showing. He was in the lead after the first night though it appears he didn't win the event after the second night's competition. That was done by a Brazilian bull rider. At this time, I don't have the final results, so I'll try to add where Cord finished later.

Here's a link to the newspaper story:
http://tinyurl.com/cordmccoy

Since our paper has a habit of making stories either completely unavailable or only by subscription, I'll add the parts related to Cord here.

Reality star McCoy tops PBR round

Amazing Race’ finalist hits on both rides at Happy Canyon

The tour is named after the riders but the bulls threatened to steal the show on Monday at the first night of the U.S. Bank/Pendleton PBR Classic.

But despite just 14 qualified rides on the night, fan favorite Cord McCoy tipped the scales back in favor of the two-legged athletes with a 90-point ride on Jeff Robinson’s “Exotic Justin” in the championship round to claim a much-needed win.

“This is pretty good because right now I’m on the bubble so winning Pendleton is a huge step that could solidify my trip to the PBR World Finals,” he said. “I’ve had a couple (90-point rides this season) but it always depends what situation you’re in and it happened at a good time.”

McCoy instantly became one of the most recognizable cowboys in rodeo with his appearance on CBS’ Amazing Race and the crowd in Pendleton showered him with cheers after he topped Exotic Justin and won the $1,000 Coca-Cola/Monster bonus.

“Thirty million people watch the show but when it comes to my sport, when I put my chaps on and crawl over the chute I don’t think the bulls care too much about reality TV,” he said. “It’s always neat for people to recognize you and kind of follow you all the way around the world.”

The Tupelo, Okla., cowboy turned in an 82.5 on Corey & Horst Rodeo’s “Quick Stop” to reach the short round.

Update: Cord finished second, one point behind the winner.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:36:59 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Mela

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:57 AM »
The cowboys is my favourite team in TAR, they are the best team ever.  I hope they will
comeback again.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, Mela!

Offline Mela

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2011, 07:22:39 AM »

Thank you so much.   I am waiting for Jet and Cord  will be back on TAR again.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2011, 05:00:17 AM »

Saw some episodes of S18 recently (didn't have time during last season), glad I did.
I agree with you, they're among my fave teams on TAR ever.
Really strong competitors, solid grounded people, never playing dirty or making it personal, being able to put a positive spin on any challenge or set-back thrown their way.

Plus they made me laugh so many times in their comments..  :lol: 'Oh my gravy!', 'Dag gammit!' 'Sweet!!'  :lol: Just so cute how he said that.

I just hope next time they do they sometimes look before they leap into action because silly mistakes like not checking earlier flights, leaving a map / clue in a boat, jumping in the car to drive to the wrong town after jumping to conclusions without checking first etc nearly cost them the race a couple of times. Almost made me scream at my screen, get your act together boys!!  :lol: They shouldn't make those mistakes, and if they don't they are sure to win the race at some stage I think. They'd deserve it!  :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »

Me too! I think a lot of people would love that.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »

*raising hand* Me too!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2011, 08:47:53 PM »

That may be an infinite wait. Jet and Cord had 2 shots at immortality and they failed to win either one. Why should World Race Productions/CBS give them a third chance when nobody has ever received one?  I can think of several 2-race teams I would prefer to see in a third one (Dustin/Kandice on the top of the list), but it should never happen.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »

That may be an infinite wait. Jet and Cord had 2 shots at immortality and they failed to win either one. Why should World Race Productions/CBS give them a third chance when nobody has ever received one?  I can think of several 2-race teams I would prefer to see in a third one (Dustin/Kandice on the top of the list), but it should never happen.

Totally agree with this! ^

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2011, 08:59:29 PM »

That may be an infinite wait. Jet and Cord had 2 shots at immortality and they failed to win either one. Why should World Race Productions/CBS give them a third chance when nobody has ever received one? 

Because they're implicitly awesome!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2011, 01:39:03 AM »
I was rooting for them to win TAR 16, until the start of TAR 18, where they account their losses to Dan and Jordan "cheating" for moving up to first class...

"Cheaters don't win..."

Yea right. :cmas29

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »
Actually, they had 4 chances: they were cast in TAR16, they came in last leg 7, they returned in TAR18, and came last Leg 1. And even with that they lost and came only in sixth place. I don't find them strong and I would prefer to see teams like Rontina or Margie & Luke return, who had "only" 2 chances, instead of them.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2011, 02:43:52 PM »
Actually, they had 4 chances: they were cast in TAR16, they came in last leg 7, they returned in TAR18, and came last Leg 1. And even with that they lost and came only in sixth place. I don't find them strong and I would prefer to see teams like Rontina or Margie & Luke return, who had "only" 2 chances, instead of them.

Speed Bumps don't count as chances, but part of the Race.....
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
You are right, but in order to get a SpeedBump you must have a NEL. Flamant is obviously counting NEL, not SpeedBumps, in order to get from 2 "chances" to 4 "chances".

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2011, 08:34:47 PM »
Sorry, that was a typo on my part. I meant to say NEL.....
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
An NEL gives you another chance... :cmaslol

apskip, although I do agree with you we won't be seeing Cowboys anytime soon again, we must keep in our mind that CBS did invited Rob to play Survivor 4X and Amazing Race X2. :cmaslol