Author Topic: TAR18: LaKisha Hoffman & Jennifer Hoffman (sisters)  (Read 48084 times)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: TAR18: LaKisha Hoffman & Jennifer Hoffman (sisters)
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
The first sister team to win!  :hearts:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 10:54:01 PM »
I'd been rooting for Zev & Justin since TAR15, so I was bummed out when they didn't make it to Miami. But I'm very glad for these two! I think out of any of the Final 3 teams, these two definitely had the MOST Unfinished Business! :tup:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 11:56:20 PM »
My favorite team won! OMG. I couldn't beleive until the last minute that they were going to pull it off, but they did, so congratulations to Kisha and Jen!!! The UTR g.odesses made this season awesome to watch!

Kisha laugh FTW <3

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »
The altercation with Luie made me sour about this team in TAR 14 but your perseverance, strength and good character really shone through this season!! Good job girls, would have loved for Gallory to won but you guys deserved it (and im really happy u didn't let the Globetrotters or zev and Justin win)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 08:40:28 AM »
I never should have underestimated the ability of these sisters when considering how difficult it was to take them out in TAR14. They were Uturned in the leg they were eliminated in and it still seems like that if the challenge a been a little bit easier OR if they had not gotten lost OR if not the great bathroom break they could have made it to the final and possibly won as Tammy and Victor only benefited from Luke's breakdown.

Also Tammy and Victor targeted them even though Margie and Luke had the most first place finishes at that point and they were great assessors of their competition.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »
I never should have underestimated the ability of these sisters when considering how difficult it was to take them out in TAR14. They were Uturned in the leg they were eliminated in and it still seems like that if the challenge a been a little bit easier OR if they had not gotten lost OR if not the great bathroom break they could have made it to the final and possibly won as Tammy and Victor only benefited from Luke's breakdown.

Also Tammy and Victor targeted them even though Margie and Luke had the most first place finishes at that point and they were great assessors of their competition.

Well, in the end I didn't fully underestimate Kisha & Jen even if I was temporarily misled by this one prediction that Gary & Mallory would win.  Tammy & Victor knew what they were doing when they U-Turned that team in Season 14, although it took a difficult Roadblock, an ill-timed bathroom break and apparently being dropped off at the wrong side of that stadium in Beijing to take down Kisha & Jen.  This time they didn't have the bad luck or the difficult Roadblock to destroy the sisters and they beat a tough all-male team (which of course, makes me even happier).  Congratulations, Kisha & Jen!

Belle Book

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »

Well, in the end I didn't fully underestimate Kisha & Jen even if I was temporarily misled by this one prediction that Gary & Mallory would win.  Tammy & Victor knew what they were doing when they U-Turned that team in Season 14, although it took a difficult Roadblock, an ill-timed bathroom break and apparently being dropped off at the wrong side of that stadium in Beijing to take down Kisha & Jen.  This time they didn't have the bad luck or the difficult Roadblock to destroy the sisters and they beat a tough all-male team (which of course, makes me even happier).  Congratulations, Kisha & Jen!

Belle Book

:tup: :jam: Completely agreed with you. And the fact that they're going to use the money to give some love to their mom... one of the most awesome winning speech ever. :hearts:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
They even wanted to contact their cabby and give him some of the money they won!  :kuss: Such sweethearts!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:22 AM »

I disagree with you. I think Kisha & Jen could have been a really big threat in the final three. They could have easily given Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor a big fight had they made it to the final three. Kisha & Jen would probably have done well at the surfboard challenge, they are very intelligent young woman. Plus they are athletic and strong-willed woman too.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 01:41:15 AM »

I disagree with you. I think Kisha & Jen could have been a really big threat in the final three. They could have easily given Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor a big fight had they made it to the final three. Kisha & Jen would probably have done well at the surfboard challenge, they are very intelligent young woman. Plus they are athletic and strong-willed woman too.

I don't think they would have done the Jet Ski task very well in Hawaii though, after their showing at the pool in China. I'm glad they did so well with the water tasks this season though.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

Tammy & Victor made the wisest decision in U-Turning Kisha & Jen not just because they eventually ended up winning TAR14, but also because Margie & Luke probably would have been the first team to ever avoid elimination after being the only team U-Turned.

Here are puddin's caps from the TAR14 finale:
" width="523" height="294" border="0

The U-Turn only cost Kisha & Jen ~15 minutes, so they would have probably still been behind the top 2 teams by over 2 hours even without doing it.

If Margie & Luke had to do the U-Turn, they still would have had a 2-hour cushion to finish.  Speaking Mandarin would've probably been difficult for Margie to do solo, but I think the judge would've cut her enough slack in order for them to finish in time to make the top 3.

Tammy & Victor avoided having to deal with both Margie & Luke and Kisha & Jen in the finale, which was the smart choice.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:19 PM »
Jen notes, “We accomplished something that the Washington Generals are never able to do: We beat the Globetrotters!”

I always knew they had a funnybone in them. :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 01:35:38 AM »

I don't think they would have done the Jet Ski task very well in Hawaii though, after their showing at the pool in China. I'm glad they did so well with the water tasks this season though.

Jen's fear was drowning, not water. Put her in a lifejacket, and hugging her jie-jie for dear life, I think she'll do okay.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 05:58:09 AM »
Something random I realised. Our winners only won ONE leg in TWO seasons! They won a leg on their season, none on this season, but went on to win the race. I find that pretty interesting lol!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:31 AM »
LaKisha and Jen will be on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning sometime between 9am and 10am.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 08:39:21 AM »
Has anyone seen the EARLY SHow link??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »
Jen notes, “We accomplished something that the Washington Generals are never able to do: We beat the Globetrotters!”

I always knew they had a funnybone in them. :lol:

Yeah, but the Washington Generals probably weren't ever supposed to win against the Globetrotters!  At least this team had a chance -- and they did it!

Belle Book

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »
Something I noticed... the (at least) last three winning teams are each shown in their season making a reference/joke about doing some task in order to win a million dollars:

Dan & Jordan: "You're in a race...for one million dollars." - Jordan, completing the Fast Forward in Singapore

Nat & Kat: "Tastes like a million dollars." - Kat, completing the Fast Forward in Norway

Kisha & Jen: "The crap you do for a million dollars." - Jen (I think?) completing the Detour in Varanasi, India

Maybe the editors are dropping some hints for us? ;)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 01:15:17 PM »
To add to Eric and Danielle's other dubious records, they are the only winner to never have a title quote.  :res:

Otherwise this has been a pretty reliable way to cross off some teams that are obviously being ignored. For instance ten out of the twelve titles from TAR17 were from the final four. Same number for TAR16, 8 of 12 to the F4 for season 15 and I didn't look at anymore :lol:

Offline power4

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kisha & Jen are now officially the only team in TAR history never to come in the bottom two in ANY leg (including the last one)? I saw a list here a while ago of five or so teams that never came in the bottom two on any leg prior to the last one, but none of those teams won.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »
you can find the list of all teams' placements this season during all the tasks in all the legs at Sucks. Kisha and Jen were NEVER last at ANY point in the race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kisha & Jen are now officially the only team in TAR history never to come in the bottom two in ANY leg (including the last one)? I saw a list here a while ago of five or so teams that never came in the bottom two on any leg prior to the last one, but none of those teams won.

The perfect Meghan and Cheyne were never in the bottom two and were only in the bottom five once.

Also never in the bottom two: Nick and Starr, and Rob and Brennan. So it is a rare and good accomplishment but not never done.