Author Topic: TAR18: LaKisha Hoffman & Jennifer Hoffman (sisters)  (Read 48082 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
TAR18: LaKisha Hoffman & Jennifer Hoffman (sisters)
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:30:33 AM »

LaKisha and Jennifer

Name (Age): LaKisha Hoffman (30)
Hometown: Chicago, Ill. but currently residing in the Bronx, N. Y.
Connection to your Teammate: Sister
Current Occupation: Basketball Coach
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Leaving our bags at the dock.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: EVERY moment! But, seeing my sister overcome her fear and complete the swimming challenge was great.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Thailand – it was very beautiful and the scenery was so peaceful.

Why do you want to run the Race again? We want another chance to prove that we have what it takes to win!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Having experienced as much as we did during our last race, it has given me a greater appreciation for life.

What are you passionate about? Life, God, children, sports, academic enrichment and social justice - anything to better the lives of underserved children and families.

People would be surprised to learn: I added this to my bucket list just so I could check it off.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Surprise me!

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I guess we will find this out.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I hope to create many more exciting memories.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Her rudeness.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I will pay off all my debts!

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We will work smarter and harder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Jennifer Hoffman (26)
Hometown: Chicago, Ill. but residing in Louisville, Ky.
Connection to your Teammate: Sister
Current Occupation: Assistant Volleyball Coach at the University of Louisville
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I didn't communicate some of my ideas with certainty in the previous race and I didn't communicate enough with the other Racers.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Knowing that the entire race brought a clearer understanding of who my sister is and her mood. Also, visiting Thailand and the Phuket Zoo was very memorable.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: It's a toss up between Thailand and India. The people seemed so free and happy with what they had.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I want redemption, I want to win and I want to see more areas of the world I wouldn't get to see otherwise.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I've slowed down and instead of just doing and thinking later, I think more strategically.

What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about motivating and pushing people to accomplish things they think they can't. That's why I love coaching.

People would be surprised to learn: My guilty pleasure is all the Housewives shows on Bravo!

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: I would love to visit Brazil because I've never been there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I think we've gotten over our communication issues and I now know what bothers her. But, I believe we'll still battle with certain issues and her mood swings.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Her nervous giggle and mood swings.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I'd go back to school for fashion design and open my own business.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We will communicate more with other contestants and not be so isolated.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:21:22 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR18: LaKisha Hoffman & Jennifer Hoffman (sisters)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »
 :lol3: "I did not piss away a million dollars.  Let's just clear that all up."  :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
Kisha and Jen: LaKisha Hoffman, 30, and Jennifer Hoffman, 26, missed making the final three in season 14 by mere minutes all due to a bathroom break during a sprint. "There are certain things that you can’t prepare for," says Jen, "but you can do things when it comes to packing, [and] we recently decided we needed to take swimming lessons because we know it will come in handy!"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20458783,00.html

:tup: No more fear for water!! :wohoo:

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
Go sistahs! Make me proud.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »
:lol3: "I did not piss away a million dollars.  Let's just clear that all up."  :lol3:

Best line in that video! I almost forget how awsome these two were because of that fight with Luke.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21:46 PM »

Best line in that video! I almost forget how awsome these two were because of that fight with Luke.

They are on my top list because of that!!

Kisha/Jen  :<3

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »
new video in 1st post.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 05:27:45 AM »
http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/travel/3838383-502/chicago-sisters-take-an-amazing-odyssey.html

Want to root for the home team during the upcoming “Amazing Race?”

That would be Kisha and Jennifer Hoffman.

The sisters — both former standout athletes at Seton Academy in South Holland — were born in Chicago’s Roseland neighborhood. They spent their early years in Pullman before bouncing among several south suburbs, namely Riverdale and Dolton.

“We moved a lot when we were younger,” said Kisha Hoffman, 30, who now lives in the Bronx, N.Y. She and her younger sister come back to Chicago often because “all of our family’s there.”

All of that moving during childhood probably was good training for their whirlwind globetrotting adventures on “The Amazing Race.” The Hoffmans are among 11 teams in the show’s upcoming 18th season, titled “Unfinished Business,” where prior contestants get a shot at redemption — and $1 million.

During the 14th season, Kisha and Jen missed a spot in the final three by mere minutes after taking a bathroom break in China.

“We went back to our normal lives, not thinking they’d ask us to do it again,” said Jen, 26, whose normal life means coaching volleyball at her alma mater, the University of Louisville in Kentucky.

Kisha, who also graduated from University of Louisville after spending her first two years at Western Illinois University in Macomb, coaches middle school girls in basketball. She’s studying for a graduate degree in social work.

Neither of the sisters hesitated to put their lives on hold late last year, hop on a plane and race again.

This time, the 6-foot-2-inch siblings were more prepared — at least when it came to luggage.

“We didn’t actually have backpacks the first time,” Jen said with an embarrassed laugh. “We fixed that.”

Having done the race once, you would think the second time around would be easier.

And you’d be wrong.

“Definitely not easier,” Kisha said. “Everyone’s done it before and they’re all more prepared.”

Viewers of Season 14 know the one area where Kisha and Jen needed to be better prepared: the pool. Jen’s paralyzing fear of the water and inability to swim almost kept them from completing a leg of the race.

As soon as they got the call to come back, they signed up for swim lessons. Even so, swimming remains one sport these Division I scholarship athletes haven’t mastered.

“I wouldn’t say I’m a good swimmer,” Jen said, adding that she’s just skilled enough to “not die in the water.”

Tune in to see if the sisters sink or swim at 7 p.m. Sunday on CBS.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »
 Keoghan explains the show's picks below.

LaKisha and Jen — Season 14, 4th place
Last we saw them: They took an ill-timed bathroom break just steps away from the Pit Stop.
Why they deserve a second chance: Pee break aside, the sisters' other notorious moment was a meltdown over a water task because neither of them could swim. "They were interesting because they're two strong, athletic women and you find out they can't swim. Then you realize they're really vulnerable and they looked like two little girls there," Keoghan says. So have they learned to swim since — and is there another water task? "You know there's always going to be air, land and sea in whatever we get them to do. Let's just say if they're smart, they would've come back with a few more tricks."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-explains-why-these-11-teams-have-unfinished-business/56742
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »
i really like them now, while i wasnt a fan in TAR 14 (edit maybe?). their cynical attitude and sarcastic humor is just awesome

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
True! :hearts: Loved them more this time!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
I love Jen's quotes this season
"For the record, I did not piss away one million dollars"
"I will NOT drink four bottles of water on my way to the pit stop"
  :lol:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »

•Also of The Amazing Race Jennifer Hoffman and Gary and Mallory Ervin on Sunday from Noon-5 p.m. in the North Wing.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Cars, Stars and Going Gaga at Carl Casper Custom and Louisville New Car Show - Louisville Kentucky Expo Center | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/kentucky-expo-center-in-louisville/cars-stars-and-going-gaga-at-carl-casper-custom-and-louisville-new-car-show#ixzz1EqRrKyQg
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
I'm definitely feeling more love for this team this season. The sisters are generally nice and worked well together.. and more encouraging to one another this time round. I bet the producers wanted to see more drama between them and Luke.. but they didn't get their wish (for now).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
Jen at the Louisville car show yesterday.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 01:58:45 AM »
When Kisha asked Mel how was he.. did anyone go.. Awwww?

I did. :hearts:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
After Kent & Vyxsin, I definitely need you girls to win! I loved this team in TAR14 and this season, though production doesn't feel the same as me...

I just hope you make it to Miami, and that is half the win! :lol3:

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 09:16:25 AM »
theyre my second favorite team this season after K/V but their edit is so UTR, i dont think they are the winners ):

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
theyre my second favorite team this season after K/V but their edit is so UTR, i dont think they are the winners ):

Well, my thought and hope is that they were UTR because they are the only F4 team to not win any leg. I hope that it changes in the last 2 eppys.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
Hopefully the waxing drama will give more spotlight to the girls.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »

Well, my thought and hope is that they were UTR because they are the only F4 team to not win any leg. I hope that it changes in the last 2 eppys.

:tup: Yay!

And this is WAY better knowing they beat the Trotters in some physically demanding tasks and a 7¿? mile bike ride to the Finish Line!!
Congrats, girls!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »
Hurrah for the sisters! They deserved it, they led the whole finale and won the only leg that mattered. Although they had only placed out of the top five once this year. The only team in the race to accomplish that!

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 09:10:39 PM »
Way to go!!  :hearts:

Offline Amazing Race Fanatic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »
Gratz on winning you defiantly deserved it!
TAR is amazing.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:27 PM »
Jen didn't piss away a million dollars after all  :lol: