The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Jaime Edmondson & Cara Rosenthal (former NFL cheerleaders)

<< < (2/8) > >>

eragon:
still redheads! <3333333333  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Reilly Queens:
I loved them in their previous season, they remind me of the BQs, smart,strategical, and of course, pretty <33

georgiapeach:
 Keoghan explains the show's picks below.

Jaime and Cara — Season 14, 2nd place
Last we saw them: They suffered some bad taxi luck when their cabbie got lost and stopped for gas in the finale, foiling their goal to become the show's first all-female winners (Season 17's Nat and Kat have since accomplished that feat.)
Why they deserve a second chance: Every show needs a villain. With their competitive and aggressive attitudes, the former NFL cheerleaders earned a "mean girls" label. "Jaime, man, you do not want to get in a fight with her!" Keoghan says. "She is feisty. She tells it like it is and she has no qualms about it." And with Race airing in high-definition for the first time, the ladies can show off the hair that matches their fiery 'tude. "The hair this year is flaming! These redheads are back," Keoghan says. "Let me tell you, that HD really brings out the red. There might be a lot of orders for that color."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-explains-why-these-11-teams-have-unfinished-business/56742

slayton:
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business - Exclusive Interview with Jaime Edmonson and Cara Rosenthal
by Gina Scarpa

Perhaps Jaime and Cara said it best in their pre-season interview for The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business. Fans either loved the former NFL cheerleaders or hated them when they first raced in season 14. No matter what your feelings are on the pair, they always spoke their mind and you knew where you stood with them. They were eliminated last night, after being U-Turned and failing to complete a difficult Road Block, and we spoke to them today about their experiences on the race in an exclusive interview.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was your reaction when you found out you were returning to The Amazing Race as all stars?
A. Jaime: We were super pumped! We dreamed of it, for sure. Even when we were flying on the final leg in Hawaii, we were already asking Bertram on the plane ride about an all star season. We heard they would never do it again. We definitely dreamed of it happening! When casting called, I was like, "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I couldn't get a hold of Cara because she's in law school and I was like, "Check your phone!"

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Who were you most excited to see return to the race?
A. Cara: I think it goes without saying that we were so pumped to see Margie and Luke there.
A. Jaime: I'd say Mel and Mike, too. Mel is a really great man.
A. Cara: I think we were actually pretty excited about seeing all the racers from our season. We were a little surprised that there were SO many racers from our season. It was nice to see them. I personally was excited about Zev and Justin. We were predicting who we thought would be involved and we were pretty dead on.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Did you feel that this race was more difficult that season 14?
A. Jaime: Yes! I feel like it's something that, in order to do it, they felt like they had to go above and beyond. Bertram [van Munster] succeeded in making it a very different race than anyone had ever run or seen before.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Sometimes, it seems that the thing that's more difficult than the tasks itself is actually getting to them! What was your worst driving experience, either when you were behind the wheel or in a cab?
A. Cara: I think that we would give it all to the taxi cab driver in Hawaii [in the season 14 finale]. You raised a good point, which is true. It's the travel that made Unfinished Business so treacherous. Jaime and I love watching our friends' and families' reactions to what we're doing. Some of the tasks were definitely challenging. We had some really, really difficult tasks our season. When we finished, Bertram said that was the most difficult season he had created up to that time. What made a world of difference this season was the travel and the superlegs. Just the idea that you've been running for three days and all you're thinking of is salvation and letting go of the race for just a minute and go to the bathroom or take a shower or eat... and to have those things eliminated time and time again and to realize that with each superleg, there was not an elimination was very frustrating.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Fans had a big reaction to Kent and Vyxsin U-Turning you right in front of your face last night. What was your reaction to it?
A. Jaime: Cara and I have always said... we're brutally honest... we have never been secretive about how we would run a race and we've always said that the race is designed to be given certain tools to force you to advance yourself. We would never hold it against anyone to use it. We always said we would use the U-Turn. The only thing that was frustrating was how long it took for him to decide to U-Turn us. That was what we got upset about. To actually use it... we never hold that against anyone.
A. Cara: We felt they shouldn't have even been there and we all felt that way. All the teams were united in Lijiang [China] in believing that it was unfair that they were still running this race. It was made very clear to be on a mandatory flight that was offered once a day every day. I felt, and I know Jaime and many others felt, that the only way they should be running this race is if they took the same flight 24 hours later.
A. Jaime: To be given only a 30 minute penalty was a slap in the face.
A. Cara: Above and beyond which they had 11 hours to make the mandatory flight. They had more time than Jaime and I had. What peeved me, seeing how everything unfolded, was they told all of the teams that they got in this car accident... I was confused and I was conflicted. I was thinking, "Maybe we shouldn't be so mean to them." Certainly, Jaime and I can understand that something external can come into your race and takes control of the race as I felt was the case. Come to find out that was a boldfaced lie to make us feel more compassionate.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Are you satisfied with your experience running the race for a second time?
A. Jaime: Cara and I would do it again! Even though by the time I got to the dinosaur task, I was the most miserable I felt in my life, I still wouldn't pass it up. We're competitive, we're aggressive, we don't like to pass up opportunities, and who knows? Maybe the third time's a charm!
A. Cara: Hopefully!

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/4116-the-amazing-race-unfinished-business-exclusive-interview-with-jaime-edmonson-and-cara-rosenthal

slayton:
Amazing Race's Jaime and Cara: We Wouldn't Have U-Turned Kent and Vyxsin
by Joyce Eng

After surviving a U-Turn, Jaime Edmondson and Cara Rosenthal fell victim to a grueling life-size dinosaur assembly task on The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business. "[It took] about four hours," Jaime tells TVGuide.com. "We knew we were last and I'm very happy knowing that even though we knew we were last, Jaime didn't quit," Cara adds. "We finished because the one thing we aren't is quitters." The former NFL cheerleaders also aren't bitter about Kent and Vyxsin U-Turning them right in front of their faces — but they wouldn't have done the same to them.

Were you surprised Kent U-Turned you with you right next to them?
Jaime: I said that Kent would do it if we didn't get there first. At that point, none of us thought we were the first teams there. We all thought we were the last teams there, so the only team Kent and Vyxsin, and Cara and I saw behind us for a fact at our Detour was the Globetrotters, so that's why we kept saying to U-Turn them and that's why we [used the second U-Turn] on them. We wouldn't have chosen them had we known we had so many teams to choose from.

Would you have U-Turned Kent and Vyxsin had you gotten to the cluebox first?
Cara: No. I think we still would've chosen the Globetrotters even if we stepped on the mat a minute before because we knew they were the only team still behind us.
Jaime: We wouldn't have chosen a team that was standing right there because I'd rather choose a team that was further behind us so that they then become even further behind us. [Laughs]

Did you understand Kent and Vyxsin's reasoning for U-Turning you?
Cara: Well, not really at the time because we didn't know about their penalty ... since they chose to lie to us, so we thought they could ultimately get to the Pit Stop and get disqualified for not taking the mandatory flight that the rest of us made.

You seemed to take being U-Turned pretty well.
Cara: Jaime and I have always been upfront since our first season that the Race gives you particular tools that you're expected and allowed to use to your advantage. If we were in Kent and Vyxsin's position, we would've definitely used the U-Turn. Maybe not them, not in front of them, but we would've felt we had to use it for our own survival. It would've been a waste of our time to get upset at Kent and Vyxsin when we had a task to get our heads in. That's exactly what we did. I was really proud of us for dealing with it, moving on and getting ahead with our task, which as you saw, we did very quickly.
Jaime: Absolutely. I would never be mad at someone for using a tool that was given to you.

How much time did you lose when the cabbie stopped for gas?
Jaime: Um, we didn't just only stop for gas. [Laughs] We were lost for a long time and then stopped for gas, so it was like Hawaii all over again because [our cabbie there] got lost and then stopped for gas the first time we were in the Race. It was quite awhile.

The dino task seemed really hard. Did you flip the crux of it like a few other teams did?
Jaime: The hips were backwards. The problem was it still fit either direction. So when you built the whole thing — a 20-foot dinosaur from scratch — and locked those pieces in, it took a tremendous amount of effort to pull them out. And you're on a stepstool and so when you realize the one piece you slipped on backwards is the part that anchors the whole thing together, that means the whole thing has to come apart.

The judges would tell you if it was unsafe, so even with the hips backwards, it was still safe?
Jaime: I guess. They wouldn't tell if you if it was wrong; they would only tell you it was unsafe.
Cara: In some teams' cases, they had the pieces correct, but they hadn't fully locked them in. It was very hard for each of them to figure out what the problem was because there was no direction that it was wrong. They would simply say it was unsafe and that could've meant a lot of things.

You were known as the mean girls during your first season. Do you hope fans have a different impression of you this time around?
Jaime: I hope so! Yeah, I mean, we're just two girls that are competitive and driven and we never intentionally try to be mean and hopefully people saw that this time.

The first three teams eliminated so far have been from Season 14. What's up with that?
Cara: I know! It seems like a curse. I don't know what's going on!

Would you come back for a third Race?
Jaime: Sure or Survivor. [Laughs] I'd like to do Survivor! I always try to tell the casting lady, "Wouldn't it be fun if you did a version where you took different people from different [reality] shows and put them together because everyone would think they would already know them having watched them in their respective shows? But you never know how people behave in certain situations." I thought that would be a fun one. They haven't fallen for it yet. I would totally embrace that villain role on Survivor though!

You think you can top Russell?
Cara: Jaime can take him down! [Laughs]
Jaime: They need a girl like that. They've never really had a girl like that.

What are you up to now?
Jaime: Work! Cara has work, law school and a husband to take care of! She's Wonder Woman.
Cara: I just don't sleep. Insomnia — it heals everything!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Jaime-Cara-1030949.aspx?rss=breakingnews

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version