Author Topic: TAR18: Kent Kaliber & Vyxsin Fiala (dating)  (Read 53761 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
TAR18: Kent Kaliber & Vyxsin Fiala (dating)
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:13:02 AM »

Kent and Vyxsin

Name (Age): Kent Kaliber (35)
Hometown: Louisville, Ky., currently residing in Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend
Current Occupation: Print and Runway Model
Previous Season/Result: Season 12/5th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: My biggest mistake in our previous season was completely burning out the clutch of our car in Italy.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Arriving at the magical masquerade village in Vilnius, Lithuania. Everyone there was dressed head to toe in mystical costumes. The costumes, the creativity and the decadence reminded me of the Sci-Fi and Comic-Con conventions that Vyxsin and I love to attend every year.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: India – I loved the frenetic energy and cascade of color in every direction. The kaleidoscopic fashion was surreal and the beautiful Indian belly dancers kept my spirits high.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I lost my dad very suddenly and unexpectedly this year. I want to run the Race as a tribute to him. A victory in this race will give my family some much needed good news.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Vyxsin and I moved to L.A. and started modeling for our favorite designers.

People would be surprised to learn: Believe it or not, I'm NOT much of an outdoorsman. Before our first season, I had never been camping. It is very difficult to apply eyeliner in a tent. I don't have much interest in “roughing it” so to speak.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: I hope to go to the most smoldering and humid Amazon Rainforest because Vyxsin in a pink and black bikini for an entire leg would be great motivation.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I want to inspire our families. It's been a difficult year and this Race could be the much-needed healing that Vyxsin and I need.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Housekeeping is not one of Vyxsin's talents. Her house is a disorganized melting pot of garters, glitter and glam rock. I shudder to think about what the inside of her backpack will look like. There is no way I am letting her anywhere near our race fanny pack and passports!

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Go on a vacation!

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We are prepared physically but we need to work on getting our head in the game. We are going to focus more mentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Vyxsin Fiala (32)
Hometown: Louisville, Ky., but currently residing in Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend
Current Occupation: Print and Runway Model
Previous Season/Result: Season 12/5th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I should have helped Kent get better prepared for stick-shift driving. He burnt the clutch in our vehicle in Italy, which turned out to be a one-way ticket to last place.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Watching Kent pole vault into a muddy irrigation ditch in Amsterdam. He does not enjoy getting dirty! He looked like a miserable wet kitten as he crawled out of that ditch in his ruined outfit.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Burkina Faso, Africa – the people were so kind and warm from the moment we stepped off the plane.

Why do you want to run the Race again? We have suffered the loss of a loved one since our first race. We need an uplifting experience at this point in our lives.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Our experience on THE AMAZING RACE has opened so many doors for us! We have moved to Los Angeles to pursue our love of fashion, club life and new adventures.

What are you passionate about? Dancing, my teammate and my family.

People would be surprised to learn: I feel totally at home in the kitchen. I love to cook vegan food.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia – Kent would look adorable up in a tree cuddling with the koala bears.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Packing! We carry way too much with us. We need to pack lighter.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): We hope to inspire our families and to reconnect with each other after an extremely difficult year.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Kent is always “borrowing” (i.e. stealing) my eye-pencils and powders. I am constantly chasing him away from my make-up bag.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? If I won the million dollars I would take both of our families on a long vacation.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We are going to try to form alliances with other teams instead of only focusing on ourselves. Working together with another team or two could propel us all to the final three.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:50:20 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TAR18: Kent Kaliber & Vyxsin Fiala (dating)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia

Careful what you wish for Vyxsin, the locals can get a bit obsessive :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »

Was there any pink/black bikini action as Kynt said in the video?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »
is that me or does vyksin look like Rachel from BB 12 on this pic

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

Was there any pink/black bikini action as Kynt said in the video?

No, but Vyxsin had a towel that must have come from some tacky souvenir shop.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Why did Kynt change his name from Kynt Cothran to Kent Kaliber?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 06:23:19 AM »

It was done to honour his father, who died recently.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:34 PM »

It was done to honour his father, who died recently.

Very much so.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:56 PM »
New video in post 1!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 05:01:05 AM »
Louisville reality stars Kent and Vyxsin get second crack at $1 million prize in 'Amazing Race'
12:20 AM, Feb. 18, 2011 
Written byChrista Ritchie 

Meet Kent and Vyxsin
• The couple will be at the Carl Casper Custom and Louisville New Auto Show at the Kentucky Exposition Center from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. next Friday; 10 a.m. to noon, 1 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 26 and noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 27.

The “Pink & Black Attack” is back. Louisville “Amazing Race” stars Kent and Vyxsin are gearing up for another mad dash around the globe when “The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business” premieres Sunday on CBS.

The local goth scenesters, who were a fan favorite with their eye-catching eyeliner and matching pink and black fashions, appeared on the show in 2007 before being eliminated during the eighth leg of the competition. Now they're going against 10 teams from past seasons — including Miss Kentucky 2009 Mallory Ervin of Lexington and her father, Gary Ervin, of Morganfield — for a shot at the $1 million prize.

“When we got the call to come back, I just about dropped the phone,” Kent said by phone from their home in Los Angeles, where they relocated after their first trek around the world. (He went by “Kynt” during the first race, but changed the “y” to “e” after his father died last year.)

“Getting to race once is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Vyxsin said. “Having a second chance is like lightning striking twice.”
This time around, the duo say they have some new strategies.

“We may make new mistakes, but let's not make the same mistakes as the first time,” Vyxsin said.

She referred to their undoing in Florence, Italy, where Kent destroyed their car's clutch because he wasn't adept at driving a stick shift. The mishap ultimately sent them packing during an elimination in Mumbai, India.

“One of the things we did this time around was we hired someone to do a private tutoring session with us on how to drive a stick shift,” Vyxsin said, laughing. “Learning foreign languages was also something I really worked hard on this time.”

Preparing for round two was even more intimidating, Kent said, because “the reality hit us that this is going to be the best of the best. These aren't virgin teams taking this expedition for the first time.”

“We really tried to create for ourselves an ‘Amazing Race' boot camp in our day-to-day lifestyle,” he said. “Our day began with an 8-mile run … and our evening ended with playing the ‘Amazing Race' video game on our Nintendo Wii. She and I tried to simulate the experience in every way we could.”

Since their initial run, Kent and Vyxsin have been staying in the spotlight. They have been regular co-hosts on the TV Guide Network and have also guest-starred on “Hannah Montana,” “Shear Genius,” “Bones” and “The Big Bang Theory.”

When the 18th season of “Amazing Race” thopens at 8 p.m. Sunday, you'll see the reality stars at the start line — a wind farm in Palm Springs, Fla.— “We're getting blown around like crazy,” Kent said.
Then the goths head down under to Sydney, Australia, to tackle the first challenge.

“It was very surreal standing there and looking at all of these teams we've seen before, because we watched them on the show during their season. These are some of the teams we were cheering for, and now they're our competition,” Vyxsin said.

The two also promise they won't disappoint when it comes to the stylish matching wardrobes they wear this season.
“Vyxsin and I have a passion for fashion, makeup and life,” Kent said. “We tried to create an all-new Kent-and-Vyxsin look this time around. … You'll still see those familiar colors, of course, but we tried to amp the fashion up even more.”

They can't reveal how well they do on the show, or if they're $1 million richer, but they do have one thing to say about this new season.
“Whether we are the first team eliminated, or we win the whole thing, we promise to keep you on the edge of your seat,” Kent said. “We plan to tickle viewers' eyes and their funny bones! There are 11 teams racing, but there is only one ‘Pink & Black Attack.' ”

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110218/FEATURES07/302180022/-1/sports080101/Louisville-reality-stars-Kent-Vyxsin-get-second-crack-1-million-prize-Amazing-Race-?odyssey=nav%7Chead
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 05:27:10 AM »
Since their initial run, Kent and Vyxsin have been staying in the spotlight. They have been regular co-hosts on the TV Guide Network and have also guest-starred on “Hannah Montana,” “Shear Genius,” “Bones” and “The Big Bang Theory.”

I remember seeing them in Bones but not the Big Bang Theory and I' ve watched all the episodes.
Does anybody remember the episode that they appeared in Bing Bang Theory?

nvm, I found it. It was season 3 episode 3 called "The Gothowitz deviation". I wasn't a TAR fan when it aired so I didn't recognise them
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:35:25 AM by kikisak »

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »
Testing my Kent and Vyxsin avatar

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »
Love this!

As for why The Amazing Race continues to amaze and entertain, consider this reminiscence from Goths Kent (Kaliber) and Vyxsin (Fiala), who are used to being stared at, or worse, when they're spotted at home. Asked what their most memorable moment was from their first Amazing Race, Kent (Kaliber) replied, "Arriving at the magical masquerade village in Vilnius, Lithuania. Everyone was dressed from head-to-toe in mythical costumes. The costumes, the creativity and the decadence reminded me of the sci-fi and Comic-Con conventions that Vyxsin and I love to go to every year."

In that one moment, The Amazing Race had more to say about diversity, tolerance and our ever- expanding global village than almost anything else on TV.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/Amazing+Race+contestants+return+entertain+once+more/4313638/story.html#ixzz1ERcrkm7x

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 04:27:11 PM »
Keoghan explains the show's picks below.

Kent and Vyxin — Season 12, 5th place
Last we saw them: Already handicapped with a Speed Bump, they unwisely U-Turned a team that was in front of them in India, rendering it void.
Why they deserve a second chance: Well, they're pink Goths! "People always ask what they need to do to get on The Amazing Race. I always use Kent and Vyxin as an example," Keoghan says. "They epitomized what we're looking for, but they illustrate we don't know what we're looking for. Their personalities are also the antithesis of what you'd expect to come from people who dress as Goths." Keoghan also has a special connection with them: Kent's dad recently died from multiple sclerosis, and the couple came out for Keoghan on his bicycle ride across the United States in support of MS. Keoghan's journey is documented in his new film, The Ride, which features Kent, Vyxin and his dad. "They love the idea that their dad lives on in the film. A huge part of it was for them to run the Race again in memory of him."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-explains-why-these-11-teams-have-unfinished-business/56742
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
Goth couple in CBS' 'Amazing Race' have Huntsville ties
Published: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
 By Chris Welch, The Huntsville Times

Vyxsin Fiala, center, with her parents Frank and Kay Fiala of Huntsville. Vyxsin is in this year's "Amazing Race: Unfinished Business"

HUNTSVILLE, AL. - America's favorite, flamboyant Goth couple with ties to Huntsville are back on the 2011 "Amazing Race: Unfinished Business," which premieres tonight at 7 on CBS (WHNT-TV Channel 19 locally).

Kent Kaliber (formerly Cothron) and Vyxsin Fiala are competing again on this year's "Amazing Race," which is giving losing teams from previous races another chance. Kaliber and Fiala were eliminated during the 2008 "Amazing Race" in Mumbai, India.

Fiala is the daughter of Kay and Frank Fiala, who have lived in Huntsville five years after retiring here with their parents. Kent and Vyxsin trained for the 2008 race and some last fall in Huntsville for this race under the direction of Fiala's father, an Army artillery officer. Kaliber is from Louisville, Ky.

"Things have been pretty exciting," Fiala said in a phone interview from Los Angeles, where she and Kaliber are doing some modeling. "We did our first 'Amazing Race' a couple of years ago, and obviously we felt it was just a gift to get to do it. We've been fans of the show ever since and never thought we'd get to do it again.

"Not long ago, we got a phone call saying they were doing an all-star version of the race, and 'How would you feel about doing it again?' Kent and I were jumping up and down. For us, it was like lightening striking us twice."

This year's show features 11 teams of veteran contestants who have never won the show's $1 million grand prize as they set off from a wind farm in Palm Springs, Calif., for Sydney, Australia. The show was taped last fall, and contestants have signed a confidentiality agreement not to reveal the results, but CBS has released a photo of Vyxsin in a shark tank with diving gear.

"All the teams are amazing and were good enough to win," Fiala said. "I think heading into this one, we're more nervous than the first time. These guys are pros and know all the tricks.

"I've got to tell you I was feeling pretty intimidated before we left, but Kent told me, 'You know what we all have in common? We've all lost, but that means they've all proven beatable.' I thought, 'Hey, that's true.'"

Fiala feels a special connection to Huntsville because both her parents and grandparents live here, and she visited last Christmas. Sadly, her grandmother, Virginia Voet, died of a stroke right before Kaliber and Fiala were invited to this year's race. Kaliber's father, Bill, also died of a heart attack last year, but getting into the "Amazing Race" helped raise the spirits of the couple and their families.

"Getting this news on the tail of something so sad cheered people up," Fiala said. "It also sort of made it deeper and more personal about this race. Having the opportunity to do it for ourselves is great, but to help cheer up our families and give them something to talk about was nice."

Kaliber says Fiala's parents "feel like such rock stars" because during the first "Amazing Race" friends, family and others were asking about their daughter at the grocery store and all around town.

"We think she's the rock star; we're just in the background," her mother said. "We have a lot of excitement with friends and family. People call us and see her on TV, and just to know somebody that's on TV is exciting.

"We were proud of her and Kent for everything they went through (during the first race). Having talked with her since, we realize it's very difficult. We didn't worry too much, but we prayed a lot.

"We're just so happy for them. To get to do it twice is really nice."

http://blog.al.com/entertainment-times/2011/02/goth_couple_in_cbs_amazing_rac.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
Thanks to Mark for sharing this great picture of Kent and Vyxsin with Mark and Bill at Kent and Vyxsin's LA TAR 18 Premiere Party last night!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 09:49:57 PM »
Come see Kent and Vyxsin in Louisville this weekend!

Local favorites Kent and Vyxsin of The Amazing Race on Friday from 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Saturday from Noon-5 p.m. and 7 p.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday Noon-4 p.m. in the West Wing.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Cars, Stars and Going Gaga at Carl Casper Custom and Louisville New Car Show - Louisville Kentucky Expo Center | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/kentucky-expo-center-in-louisville/cars-stars-and-going-gaga-at-carl-casper-custom-and-louisville-new-car-show#ixzz1EqRKCeUG
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »
Okay, first time round.. i wasn't a fan.

This time round.. i'm slowly growing to love this team more and more. They seemed to be so encouraging and supportive of one another.

Another thing i realized is that despite their bad performance in episode 1.. Kent didn't even blow his top at Vyxsin like their previous season. That's a plus plus plus for me to like them more as well.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
Thanks to Harley for the pics!

Kent and Vyxsin at the CARL CASPER CUSTOM AUTO SHOW in Louisville today!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »
My two favorite bits so far:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
THEY. CANNOT. GO. HOME.

Seriously! I wish they stay as long as possible, because they have officially beat Charla and Mirna and have claimed the most hilarious "wtf" team award. I mean, cmon the stuff that comes out of Kent's mouth is just pure gold!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:53 PM »
Kent & Vyxsin on "Harry's Law" this week.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
Kent and Vyxsin are appearing at WonderCon in San Francisco April 1, 2, and 3!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »
I read on here or somewhere the story behind Kynt's name change back to Kent.  Does anyome have the story on the last name change from Cothron to Kaliber?  TYIA

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »
Along the 4 miles (6.4 kilometres) stretch of terraced bathing ghats in the holy city of Varanasi, the water of the Ganges is a "brown soup of excrement and industrial effluents." The water there contains 60,000 faecal coliform bacteria per 100 ml, 120 times the official limit of 500 faecal coliforms/100ml that is not considered safe for bathing.

Are you crazy Vyxsin?  :ascared