The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Kent Kaliber & Vyxsin Fiala (dating)

(1/14) > >>

RealityFreakWill:

Kent and Vyxsin

Name (Age): Kent Kaliber (35)
Hometown: Louisville, Ky., currently residing in Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend
Current Occupation: Print and Runway Model
Previous Season/Result: Season 12/5th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: My biggest mistake in our previous season was completely burning out the clutch of our car in Italy.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Arriving at the magical masquerade village in Vilnius, Lithuania. Everyone there was dressed head to toe in mystical costumes. The costumes, the creativity and the decadence reminded me of the Sci-Fi and Comic-Con conventions that Vyxsin and I love to attend every year.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: India – I loved the frenetic energy and cascade of color in every direction. The kaleidoscopic fashion was surreal and the beautiful Indian belly dancers kept my spirits high.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I lost my dad very suddenly and unexpectedly this year. I want to run the Race as a tribute to him. A victory in this race will give my family some much needed good news.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Vyxsin and I moved to L.A. and started modeling for our favorite designers.

People would be surprised to learn: Believe it or not, I'm NOT much of an outdoorsman. Before our first season, I had never been camping. It is very difficult to apply eyeliner in a tent. I don't have much interest in “roughing it” so to speak.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: I hope to go to the most smoldering and humid Amazon Rainforest because Vyxsin in a pink and black bikini for an entire leg would be great motivation.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I want to inspire our families. It's been a difficult year and this Race could be the much-needed healing that Vyxsin and I need.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Housekeeping is not one of Vyxsin's talents. Her house is a disorganized melting pot of garters, glitter and glam rock. I shudder to think about what the inside of her backpack will look like. There is no way I am letting her anywhere near our race fanny pack and passports!

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Go on a vacation!

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We are prepared physically but we need to work on getting our head in the game. We are going to focus more mentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Vyxsin Fiala (32)
Hometown: Louisville, Ky., but currently residing in Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend
Current Occupation: Print and Runway Model
Previous Season/Result: Season 12/5th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I should have helped Kent get better prepared for stick-shift driving. He burnt the clutch in our vehicle in Italy, which turned out to be a one-way ticket to last place.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Watching Kent pole vault into a muddy irrigation ditch in Amsterdam. He does not enjoy getting dirty! He looked like a miserable wet kitten as he crawled out of that ditch in his ruined outfit.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Burkina Faso, Africa – the people were so kind and warm from the moment we stepped off the plane.

Why do you want to run the Race again? We have suffered the loss of a loved one since our first race. We need an uplifting experience at this point in our lives.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Our experience on THE AMAZING RACE has opened so many doors for us! We have moved to Los Angeles to pursue our love of fashion, club life and new adventures.

What are you passionate about? Dancing, my teammate and my family.

People would be surprised to learn: I feel totally at home in the kitchen. I love to cook vegan food.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia – Kent would look adorable up in a tree cuddling with the koala bears.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Packing! We carry way too much with us. We need to pack lighter.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): We hope to inspire our families and to reconnect with each other after an extremely difficult year.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Kent is always “borrowing” (i.e. stealing) my eye-pencils and powders. I am constantly chasing him away from my make-up bag.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? If I won the million dollars I would take both of our families on a long vacation.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We are going to try to form alliances with other teams instead of only focusing on ourselves. Working together with another team or two could propel us all to the final three.

Coutzy:

--- Quote ---One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia

--- End quote ---

Careful what you wish for Vyxsin, the locals can get a bit obsessive :lol:

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: Coutzy on January 19, 2011, 05:52:30 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Was there any pink/black bikini action as Kynt said in the video?

phant0m:
is that me or does vyksin look like Rachel from BB 12 on this pic

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on January 19, 2011, 06:39:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on January 19, 2011, 05:52:30 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Was there any pink/black bikini action as Kynt said in the video?

--- End quote ---

No, but Vyxsin had a towel that must have come from some tacky souvenir shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version