Author Topic: TAR18: Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka (engaged)  (Read 30243 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR18: Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka (engaged)
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »
Me neither! Having had the pleasure of meeting them, I can say they are both delightful! Funny, witty, and charming!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
They took their elimination with so much class... :<3

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »
They took their elimination with so much class... :<3

They did, but I would still like to see more of them. :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 04:59:40 PM »
Eliminated Amazing Race Contestants Reveal What Went Wrong

By Carrie Bell

Did this extended leg make the Switzerland cheese hill and its animal droppings seem easier?
Amanda: This leg was really long and there was a lot of physical demand with sailing, scuba, bouncing shoes and a lot of running. They make it look like the commodore was just down the beach, but he was like a mile away. And it was a lot hotter than it was in Switzerland.
Kris: It almost took Mel out. He was really struggling. You don't get a lot of food or sleep, which makes you grumpy. The last thing you want to do is try to analyze a vague clue.

Driving from Palm Springs to LAX is enough to drive some people crazy. Add to that a 14-hour flight to Australia.
Kris: And you're not sleeping on the plane because the adrenaline is pumping so hard thinking about what lies ahead.

Last time you were eliminated from the show you blamed trusting the wrong people for elimination. What's the culprit this season?
Kris: Right of the bat we got the U-turn, We just did it to ourselves this time around and that sucked.
Amanda: And missing the first [Outback] flight. If we hadn't had so much trouble finding the anchor, we would have made that flight and beat Ron and Christina. We were only five minutes behind them to the mat and they definitely gained more than five minutes because we had to do both tasks.

It seems like people are too friendly and working together too much so far.
Kris: Good point. But you're basically thrown into the world. When you have to figure something out and someone is standing next to you, it might help to work together. What we learned the first time was that doesn't mean you'll work together for the remainder of the game.
Amanda: When I was trying to decode that thing next to Kisha and started seeing other teams coming, I decided to work with Kisha to get out of there faster to keep from giving other teams any help solving it. It's very situational. People do what they need to do to get ahead at any given point and sometimes that is form an alliance.

Was it comforting to watch the episodes and realize other teams didn't have it all together either and made mistakes?
Amanda: It's not so much comforting as it is, 'Aw dang, if only they had struggled a little bit more, we might have survived.' We knew we were in last place driving to the pit-stop so we prayed that someone had either gotten lost, which was unlikely in that little town, or checked in with a missing costume piece. It really stung to see Mel give Margie her kangaroo foot. We didn't know that had happened until we watched.

Going out first is no fun. Do you regret playing again?
Kris: Absolutely not. This whole experience was such a blessing and a fun ride both times. If we got a phone call tomorrow, we'd do it again – Amazing Race 25: Really Unfinished Business.

Who are you rooting for?
Kris: We hit it off with Gary and Mallory. Gary's a lot like my outdoorsy dad, and Mallory and Amanda are two 5-foot-nothing blonds with vivacious personalities so we bonded with them.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20471107,00.html

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
Amanda and Kris fall victim to another U-turn on 'Amazing Race'
by: Sheri Block

The irony of being eliminated from “The Amazing Race” due to another U-turn is not lost on Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka.

After being the last team to finish a starting line challenge, the engaged couple from Pismo Beach, Calif., accrued an automatic U-turn. And just like their previous appearance on Season 14, having to complete both sides of the next Detour challenge cost them the race.

“It was kind of our own fault. We screwed up, not thinking clearly at the starting line and as a result we gave ourselves a stupid U-turn again,” Kris tells CTV.ca over the phone.           

“They showed a little clip of me saying, ‘Yeah we just screwed ourselves over.’”

Kris and Amanda are one of 11 fan-favourite teams who have never won “The Amazing Race” but have returned for Season 18 to clear up some “Unfinished Business."

It would be reasonable to assume that some of this “unfinished business” for Amanda and Kris would include getting back at the team that contributed to their elimination the first time around -- Margie and Luke. Both teams competed on Season 14 and after being blind U-turned by the mother and son, Amanda and Kris were ultimately the eighth team to be eliminated.

But Amanda says there were no hard feelings between them and Margie and Luke.

“Everyone kind of assumes we hate them because they U-turned us but we don’t hold a grudge, we let that go a very, very long time ago so it wasn’t like we were ready to get them back or anything,” she says.

It doesn’t mean, however, that Kris and Amanda haven’t learned from that experience.

Both members of the engaged couple felt they were too naďve and trusting the first time around and vowed to just look out for themselves on the most recent season.

“We got lied to a lot about the lamest things really. We said we weren’t going to trust anybody, we were going to get our own information and if people share information with us and we have some time, what’s the hurt going and double checking it?” says Amanda.

As well as learning not to trust anyone, Kris says they also picked up some other valuable tips from their first time around -- pack more snacks.

“Last time I remember being so hungry, being in these different places and watching your camera crew eat McDonald’s in front of you and you’re going, ‘Oh my God can I have a bite of that hamburger?’” says Kris.

Kris adds it was also a completely different experience this time due to the fact all of the other teams had played before.

“You can kind of prepare yourself, in a sense for what’s happening. Everyone was super competitive (and) we knew a lot of the other people. It was a different dynamic,” he says.       

It was also a different dynamic between Amanda and Kris -- who were just dating at the time.

“I was nervous going into the first season because I couldn’t find a team in the past that hadn’t argued,” says Amanda. “No matter how much we get along, I was scared of, ‘What is this going to do?’”

Amanda and Kris ended up getting along great, which made the couple realize they were meant to be together.

They have since gotten engaged and are looking at 2012 for a wedding date. Even though they haven’t figured out all the details yet, one thing has definitely been decided for the honeymoon -- they won’t be “racing” around to different destinations.

“I think we’re probably going to stay in one place a little longer,” says Amanda with a laugh.

http://shows.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRace/article/Amanda-and-Kris-fall-victim-to-another-U-turn-on-Amazing-Race

Offline lockdown

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 04:38:02 AM »
Good interview with them

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
Have you heard???
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »
Amanda & Kris of season 14 and 18 of The Amazing Race is now married!  :conf:  :conf:
 :congrats: to them!!!
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Have you heard???
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:45 AM »
 :conf: :conf:

:congrats: Amanda & Kris!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 03:18:51 AM »
I heard Amanda & Kris (Seasons 14 & 18) for getting married today..!! So happy for them.....God bless you guys and good luck in your new life together.

Congrats, Amanda & Kris!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 07:04:59 AM »
They were married on Friday. Wishing them both every joy and happiness as they start their married lives!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
Congratulations!! :hearts:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »
Congratulations to the happy couple! One team I do want to see get a second chance on TAR at some point.
-- theschnauzers

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
Congratulations to the happy couple! One team I do want to see get a second chance on TAR at some point.

You mean third chance.  :)

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
I'm not sure that they've ever had a real chance. They got hit with a pretty much impossible tasks early in both of their seasons :(

Congrats on your marriage by the way! :hrt:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
I'm late, but congratulations on the marriage! :hearts:

I wasn't around to watch this season when it first aired, but I am very saddened about what happened to them the second time around. :'(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis