The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR18: Amanda Blackledge & Kris Klicka (engaged)

(1/9) > >>

RealityFreakWill:

Amanda and Kris

Name (Age): Amanda Blackledge (25)
Hometown: Redwood City, Calif. but currently residing in Pismo Beach, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Fiance
Current Occupation: College Admissions at a private college in Pismo Beach, Laurus College
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/8th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: We were naive and trusted too many other teams. We forgot that we were racing for one million dollars.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: The cheese hill! The task to carry cheese down the hill in Switzerland that was covered in animal poop was one of the most challenging tasks. It was funny watching it on TV and seeing how funny we all looked. The hill was far steeper than it looked on TV.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Switzerland! It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

Why do you want to run the Race again? Kris and I want a second chance. We were doing so well until the woodpile in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. We fell behind and then were u-turned, which we were unable to recover from.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Our relationship has grown stronger since the last Race. We proved not only to ourselves, but to the world that we balance each other out and make for a great team.

What are you passionate about? My fiance, my family, my pets and my friends.

People would be surprised to learn: As soon as I graduated from college, I moved in with Kris in Pismo Beach and I missed my graduation ceremony.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: It might sound funny since Kris and I both have a B.A. in Communications, but we tend to struggle with communicating with one another in tense situations.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I hope to travel to as many different places as possible and see the world with my new fiancé.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes he second guesses my judgment. He needs to remember we are both natural leaders and I have much to bring to the table as well.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Purchase our first house together and I am sure some of the money would also go towards our wedding.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Not trusting anyone, yet willing to make “alliances” to get ahead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Kris Klicka (27)
Hometown: San Diego, Calif. but currently residing in Pismo Beach, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Fiance
Current Occupation: Insurance Agent
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/8th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Amanda and I are social people and last time around we put too much trust in teams we thought were friends. This is a Race for one million dollars and this time around, we are not going to hold back for anything.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: It is hard to pick just one, but if I have to, I would say when I got to drive on the Autobahn in Germany. That was definitely on my bucket list.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Probably Switzerland. All the old architecture and cobble stone streets seemed like something out of a book.

Why do you want to run the Race again? Since we got u-turned in Siberia and eliminated as a result of not being able to recover from it, I constantly think about what would have happened and how far we would have gone if we weren't u-turned. I know we can win this!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I am now engaged!

People would be surprised to learn: I had a hard time finding a job in San Diego after getting back from our first time on the Race. I ended up taking a job offer in central California and leaving behind all my friends and family. It was a hard move to make to say the least.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We are both strong-minded, natural leaders and both like to be in control. This time around I need to not second guess things she says as much and hand over the reigns.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I want to experience new cultures and places with the one person that means more to me than anything to me.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Amanda doesn't like to be wrong and sometimes it is very hard to get through to her.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would put some of it towards a house, some for our wedding and invest whatever is left over.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I will not trust a soul, but try to be very discrete about it. This time around, I want to fly under the radar to not put targets on our backs, but at the same time, do whatever it takes to get ahead. We are not going to hold back for anything or anyone.

georgiapeach:
new video added!! ^^

Jobby:
Will Kris get to show-off his hot bod again? :lol3:

AmazingRace:
They remind me of John Vito & Jill of All-Stars!  :kuss:

Kiwi Jay:
They do, don't they, alot does remind me of them actually, but JV and Jill were Formerly Dating, while Mander and Kris are Engaged  :tup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version