Author Topic: Best Finale  (Read 7671 times)

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
Best Finale
« on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
I think by FAR, the finale of TAR 2 is the closest and most epic. The foot race between the two teams and the meltdowns of Tara and Wil during the final leg were just spectacular tv

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: Best Finale
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »
TAR 2 was heart-pounding!

I chose TAR 7 because it was jitters till the last moment. The Airplane that turned back for Uchenna & Joyce, to the begging for money at the Finish Line, with Rob & Amber closing in on them. It was just intense. The victory of Uchenna & Joyce made it all the more better. (and I cried.)  :'(  :hearts:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
My personal favorite is TAR 12, which is when TAR finally fixed its finale.
A fabulous detour, a ton of destinations and related tasks along the way, and one of the best final puzzles in TAR history.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
I voted TAR Classic for the simple reason that a script writer couldn't have done it any better that the original cast did.
Close second is TAR 2, because it is the only final leg where all three teams were within sight of the finish mat and the closest three way final ever.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
We need to have a finale consisting of a TAR 14/TAR 17 cast, with tasks similar to that in TAR 9/TAR 12/TAR 13/TAR 14, shuffling of positions between all 3 teams like TAR 15 and nail-biting finale till the very end like TAR 2. :lol3:

With that said, i believe i like TAR 12/TAR 7/TAR 5/TAR 3/TAR 14/TAR 17's finale because of the results. LOL!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:22:43 AM »
Objectively speaking the best for us, as viewers, was TAR 2, with the teams running simulatneously to the finish line. But also good was TAR 15 because the leading team changed constantly. I also like a lot those with a difficult memory challenge like TAR 12 and 14.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
I think that TAR1/2 really set the stage for TAR Finales....actually the first 9 were all pretty good. As a resident of the DFW metroplex....I am partial to TAR5. All F3 teams were Texans, but none from DFW. Chip/Kim had only lived in California for 4/5 years, but first 40 years they lived in Houston, Brandon/Nicole from Houston, and Colin/Christie from Corpus. Univeristy of Houston vs Texas A and M vs University of Texas. Crazy limo driver vs mini-van taxi.......airplane drama....airport drama......9/11 drama...

I had never heard of Trammel Crow park........but as soon as they "arrived" there, I knew where it was. I just never knew it had a name....lol
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
I believe season 5's use of the Trammel Crow property was the first to be on semi-private property, right? I knew the name Trammel Crow because it was, then, a major owner of apartment communities and commercial properties all over much of the United States (and all over Atlanta, where I was living at the time.)
While later seasons did continue to use public parklands, these have become locations that usually were more secluded than in the early seasons. (Portland is the one that comes to mind first.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
Trammell Crow Park is a public park in the Trinity River Bottom in West Dallas. It is in a place that not a lot of people hang out, unless they go fishing in the Trinity River. It is very close to downtown Dallas. It is named after real estate developer Trammel Crow, a Dallas native. I had driven by that park area for decades, I just didnt know it had a name till the finale of TAR5. He started the Trammell Crow Company and was one of the first big mega-real estate developers. He and his company developed property all across America. It is said that he owned more property than Donald Trump. He developed the Peachtree Center in Atlanta too.

The park is between the levees on the Trinity River built by the Corps of Engineersk for flood control. He joined forces with another Dallas developer John Stemmons to develop property along the first big super freeway in Dallas...I-35E which is named after John Stemmons. The park is next to this freeway.

I will add to clarify.......that the Trammel Crow Park is in the flood plain of the Trinity River. It is underwater several times a year, depending on the rains. The fact that TAR picked it for a finale makes perfect sense. No one really uses that park. So having the finish line mat there, was really like hiding in plain sight. To me, there is a better park in downtown Dallas to have a finale, Pioneer Park. It has some bronze longhorns that symbolize Texas better.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:46:20 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »
We need to have a finale consisting of a TAR 14/TAR 17 cast, with tasks similar to that in TAR 9/TAR 12/TAR 13/TAR 14, shuffling of positions between all 3 teams like TAR 15 and nail-biting finale till the very end like TAR 2. :lol3:

With that said, i believe i like TAR 12/TAR 7/TAR 5/TAR 3/TAR 14/TAR 17's finale because of the results. LOL!

Well that clears things up. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »
I chose TAR 15 because I loved the teams, the tasks, the switch up after every task and the best Part was Erica Breaking down!! :lol3:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
I was familar with the name, having lived in Atlanta as long as I had, and I've been in Peachtree Center a number of times, but that name has been all over Atlanta over the years. I just wasn't aware that the park was a public park; although with all of the office park developments built around Atlanta, i just assumed that the company had built a private park space.

Trammell Crow Park is a public park in the Trinity River Bottom in West Dallas. It is in a place that not a lot of people hang out, unless they go fishing in the Trinity River. It is very close to downtown Dallas. It is named after real estate developer Trammel Crow, a Dallas native. I had driven by that park area for decades, I just didnt know it had a name till the finale of TAR5. He started the Trammell Crow Company and was one of the first big mega-real estate developers. He and his company developed property all across America. It is said that he owned more property than Donald Trump. He developed the Peachtree Center in Atlanta too.

The park is between the levees on the Trinity River built by the Corps of Engineersk for flood control. He joined forces with another Dallas developer John Stemmons to develop property along the first big super freeway in Dallas...I-35E which is named after John Stemmons. The park is next to this freeway.

I will add to clarify.......that the Trammel Crow Park is in the flood plain of the Trinity River. It is underwater several times a year, depending on the rains. The fact that TAR picked it for a finale makes perfect sense. No one really uses that park. So having the finish line mat there, was really like hiding in plain sight. To me, there is a better park in downtown Dallas to have a finale, Pioneer Park. It has some bronze longhorns that symbolize Texas better.
-- theschnauzers

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »
The All-Stars finish was good.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »

I also like S11's finale. But mostly of the way it was edited. The music, the scenes, the 3-way taxi race and the scene of the taxi pulling in(almost made me believe that DK had won) and all.  :<3

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »
i disagree about the allstars finale. the final task in allstars was pretty crappy and luck-based. plus it got ruined (just like the whole season) by Eric and Danielle winning.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
Mine was Season 17, less because of the drama (there was little to none) than because my favorite team won -- and it was the first all-female team in the original TAR series to do so!

Belle Book

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:43 AM »

excuse me?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:03:28 AM »

excuse me?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and we should respect them.  :tup:

Some may like it, some may not.  :js:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 04:59:04 AM »

excuse me?

I liked the All Stars finish. Their final task was one of the best and in my opinion, still the only task that tests how well you truly know your teammate. The only thing wrong with the safe combination was that teams got released if they took too long.

A good final task should be tough to complete, and be the point where a team steps up and proves themselves worthy of winning. Eric and Danielle were the only team to be able to complete it, and thus deserved to win over DK & Mirna and Schmirna.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »
Mine was Season 17, less because of the drama (there was little to none) than because my favorite team won -- and it was the first all-female team in the original TAR series to do so!

Belle Book

+1 THIS!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »

excuse me?

Okay, yeah sorry... anyhows, the finish was good but the winners suck... Eric/Danielle were not even supposed to be on the race, anyhows, they were a not even a real team...

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 07:25:07 PM »

excuse me?

Okay, yeah sorry... anyhows, the finish was good but the winners suck... Eric/Danielle were not even supposed to be on the race, anyhows, they were a not even a real team...

this...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
I honestly don't really have a favorite finale. The most interesting one sounds like that TAR 2 when somebody passed somebody on the way to the red mat.

Sorry...I didn't watch that season.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:46:04 PM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »
I honestly don't really have a favorite finale. The most interesting one sounds like that TAR 2 when somebody passed somebody on the way to the red mat.

Sorry...I didn't watch that season.

I didn't see it either, but I think it was Chris and Alex who passed Will and Tara and beat them by seconds.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains