The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Asia

TARA's Saddest Eliminations...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Puppet:
I was quite sad when Fuzzie quit the Final 4 Roadblock in TARA 3, which ultimately led to their elimination.

apskip:
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

ARA1 - Andy/Laura
ARA2 - no team, although Pailin as an individual certainly qualifies
ARA3 - Mai/Oliver
ARA4 - Ethan/Khairie

My rationale for the above is that a team must not have played a key part in their elimination through their own mistake in order to qualify on my list of a saddest elimination. As examples of other teams I considered and rejected:

Mardy/Marsio - since one played golf and they were at a golf course, wouldn't he be the choice to do a ROADBLOCK?; also personal choice to eat organ meats slowly when only chance of staying in race was to eat as quickly as possible irregardless of personal convictions (note Kat in AR17)
Daichi/Sawaka- failure to choose Slither DETOUR put them in last place
Paula/Natasha - unable to make up any time in Budapest leg when lack of Bunching required them to do so
Ann/Diane - rejection of risk strategy and choice of safe flight through London gave them 3 hour deficit to make up
Bernie/Henry - choice of Fill DETOUR rather than Fish
Faeza/    - forced choice of who to use for zipline task, followed by not grasping situation clearly and taking the risk to take 4 hour penalty immediately before Sam could do so

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 14, 2011, 12:49:16 PM ---AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

ARA1 - Andy/Laura
ARA3 - Mai/Oliver
ARA4 - Ethan/Khairie

--- End quote ---

Pailin was from Season 3, no offense...

Jobby:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 14, 2011, 12:49:16 PM ---AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

ARA1 - Andy/Laura
ARA3 - Mai/Oliver
ARA4 - Ethan/Khairie

My rationale for the above is that a team must not have played a key part in their elimination through their own mistake in order to qualify on my list of a saddest elimination. As examples of other teams I considered and rejected:

Mardy/Marsio - since one played golf and they were at a golf course, wouldn't he be the choice to do a ROADBLOCK?; also personal choice to eat organ meats slowly when only chance of staying in race was to eat as quickly as possible irregardless of personal convictions (note Kat in AR17)
Daichi/Sawaka- failure to choose Slither DETOUR put them in last place
Paula/Natasha - unable to make up any time in Budapest leg when lack of Bunching required them to do so
Ann/Diane - rejection of risk strategy and choice of safe flight through London gave them 3 hour deficit to make up
Bernie/Henry - choice of Fill DETOUR rather than Fish
Faeza/    - forced choice of who to use for zipline task, followed by not grasping situation clearly and taking the risk to take 4 hour penalty immediately before Sam could do so

--- End quote ---

Mai and Oliver?? :lol: I remembered they were definitely eliminated because of their own mistake. As for Ethan and Khairie, you stated "My rationale for the above is that a team must not have played a key part in their elimination through their own mistake in order to qualify on my list of a saddest elimination." then you go on to say this "Bernie/Henry - choice of Fill DETOUR rather than Fish"...

Didn't both Malaysian teams get eliminated because of bad Detour choice?

Or am i watching a different TARA version? :lol3:

apskip:
Joab, you're quite right. I often think you watch a different version than I do. IN the case of Mai/Oliver, they were eliminated solely because they got so far behind on the department store ROADBLOCK. The fact they they elected to spend the night in their car was because they knew they were so far behind they could never catch up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version