The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Asia

TARA's Saddest Eliminations...

<< < (3/3)

Jobby:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 15, 2011, 09:48:47 AM ---Joab, you're quite right. I often think you watch a different version than I do. IN the case of Mai/Oliver, they were eliminated solely because they got so far behind on the department store ROADBLOCK. The fact they they elected to spend the night in their car was because they knew they were so far behind they could never catch up.

--- End quote ---

And they got so far behind on the department store RB.... not because of their own fault? I guess i'm really watching a different version then... :lol3:

apskip:
That ROADBLOCK is a classic random task, with a spread of finishing times that did not appear to be related to the competence of the individuals doing that task. Someone has to finish last through no fault of their own and it happened to be Mai and Oliver.

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 16, 2011, 05:37:14 AM ---That ROADBLOCK is a classic random task, with a spread of finishing times that did not appear to be related to the competence of the individuals doing that task. Someone has to finish last through no fault of their own and it happened to be Mai and Oliver.

--- End quote ---

And it wasn't a roadblock...

--- Quote ---Additional task

* In the Sony Style Store, teams must find one of thousands of discs in the racks available that displays "Correct! You may receive your next clue." when played on their Blu-ray player, while the others will display "Sorry. Try again."
--- End quote ---

Source: Wikipedia

Jobby:
The Roadblock was to find a souvenir, which would later be revealed to be a small silver token that had the AXN logo on one side and The Amazing Race Asia logo on the other side in a cart of coal.

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 14, 2011, 12:49:16 PM ---[...]Mardy/Marsio - since one played golf and they were at a golf course, wouldn't he be the choice to do a ROADBLOCK?;[...]

--- End quote ---

They didn't know that Roadblock would involve golfing (they even explicitly said that had they know this, they would have traded places). I blame it on early TARA seasons having the Roadblock clue somewhere before arriving to the actual Roadblock task.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version