Author Topic: Your Ultimate Season  (Read 11302 times)

DavidJunior

Re: Your Ultimate Season
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
I will not use teams who have won or have been featured multiple times already

My teams:
Nancy and Emily (Season 1) Original underdogs, battled their way to F5 and could've gone farther if they hadn't given up in Thailand
Mary and Peach (Season 2) One of the best early chances of an F/F team winning, surprised they weren't in All-Stars.
Ken and Gerard (Season 3) Such and awesome team, fun to watch and performed well.  Surprised they weren't on All-Stars.
Jon and Al (Season 4) Same as Ken and Gerard
Colin and Christie (Season 5) Colin is one of the best racers to ever compete.
Kris and Jon (Season 6) Performed well, but also had a very positive view in a very negative season
Meredith and Gretchen (Season 7) They were so awesome and lucky their first season.  Could lady luck shine on them again?
Erwin and Godwin (Season 10) I think they can do a lot better without the rest of the "back pack" slowing them down
Nathan and Jennifer (Season 12) A bit of a train wreck, but I loved watching them and they performed pretty well until Taiwan
Toni and Dallas (Season 13) I feel they can be a bit underrated, and feel they should have been on unfinished business
Jeff and Jordan (Season 16)  They got screwed over left and right in Europe, and I think they could do a lot better than they did
Brooke and Claire (Season 17) Very fun and entertaining team that performed very well throughout their season.

*Note: I did not choose from Seasons 9, (only season I didn't watch yet) 14 (so many teams have been used already), and 15 (least favorite cast).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
How about they choose 22 racers that dont know each other and then pair them up (like a few teams in Pékin Express). Could make a lot of drama  :snicker:

That would certainly make for an interesting season! :tup: It would be interesting.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

My teams:
Nancy and Emily (Season 1) Original underdogs, battled their way to F5 and could've gone farther if they hadn't given up in Thailand
Mary and Peach (Season 2) One of the best early chances of an F/F team winning, surprised they weren't in All-Stars.
Ken and Gerard (Season 3) Such and awesome team, fun to watch and performed well.  Surprised they weren't on All-Stars.
Kris and Jon (Season 6) Performed well, but also had a very positive view in a very negative season
Meredith and Gretchen (Season 7) They were so awesome and lucky their first season.  Could lady luck shine on them again?
Erwin and Godwin (Season 10) I think they can do a lot better without the rest of the "back pack" slowing them down
Nathan and Jennifer (Season 12) A bit of a train wreck, but I loved watching them and they performed pretty well until Taiwan
Toni and Dallas (Season 13) I feel they can be a bit underrated, and feel they should have been on unfinished business
Jeff and Jordan (Season 16)  They got screwed over left and right in Europe, and I think they could do a lot better than they did
Brooke and Claire (Season 17) Very fun and entertaining team that performed very well throughout their season.

*Note: I did not choose from Seasons 9, (only season I didn't watch yet) 14 (so many teams have been used already), and 15 (least favorite cast).

I think you can probably guarantee that Brooke and Claire will be on the next All Stars. I believe they were approach about being on Unfinished Business, but Claire was already pregnant. I could be wrong on that though.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »

My teams:

David Junior,

That's a pretty good list for a future All-Stars (or Unfinished Business or call it whatever you choose). I will point out that Colin married Christie and they had a child, but later she left him.
Also, I would never put a 76 year old (today; who knows how old he will be in a future year) man in an Amazing Race and I think a 73 year old woman is an even bigger stretch.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »

My teams:

Lena & Kristy definitely need to be on that list. They were up there with Kris & Jon as the most likeable teams of season 6, and if it hadn't been for that  (:;) hay bale roadblock, who knows how far they could've gone?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:55 PM »
I will point out that Colin married Christie and they had a child, but later she left him.
Wait, when was this?  :(

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
The baby arrived soon after the filming of AR11 in late 2006.

Reports of the separation of Colin and Christie appeared somewhere on this site maybe one year ago after they first appeared on Facebook. I have attempted multiple times to get independent verification, but have not succeeded yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »
They were there (and very much together as far as I can tell) in Miami.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:48 PM »
They were there (and very much together as far as I can tell) in Miami.
Glad to hear that...they seemed to really love each other on season 5, so it would be a shame to hear that they split up :(