Author Topic: Your Ultimate Season  (Read 11350 times)

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Your Ultimate Season
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:04 AM »
Pick your favorite teams or the teams that you would like to see race. It can be from any season. Pick 12 teams. I know that races usually have 11, but pick 12. Also when choosing, keep in mind that you can pick any team from any season. For instance, you can pick Brook/Claire, even though Claire is pregnant.

James/Tyler-Season 10
Kandice/Dustin-Season 10/11
Kynt/Vyxsin-Season 12/18
Nick/Starr-Season 13
Toni/Dallas- Season 13
Margie/Luke- Season 14/18
Meghan/Cheyne- Season 15
Flight Time/Big Easy- Season 15/18
Jet/Cord- Season 16/18
Nat/Kat- Season 17
Gary/Mallory- Season 17/18
Brook/Claire- Season 17

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Your Ultimate Season
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »
Jet and Cord (16)
Meghan and Cheyne (15)
Gary and Mallory (17)
Brooke and Claire (17)
Tammy and Viktor (14)
Brad and Victoria (14)
Toni and Dallas (13)
Azaria and Hendekea (12)
BJ and Tyler (9)
Freddy and Kendra (6)
Uchenna and Joyce (7)
Chip and Kim (5)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Nat & Kat
Brooke & Claire
Karen & Linda
Azaria & Hendekea
Maria Ho & Tiffany
Oswald & Danny
Derek & Drew
Flo & Zach
Kris & Jon
Adam & Jessica
Meredith & Gretchen
Fran & Barry

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »
I don't know that they would do it, but I would love for the last season of TAR to be an all winners season. Perhaps pick the 11-12 most memorable season winners and pull out the best course you can find and have one heck of a season.

That would be my ultimate season, but I don't desire to think of it because I hope TAR goes on for a long time to come.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
Charla and Mirna (WINNERS)  :hearts:
Brook and Claire
Nat and Kat
Carol and Brandy
Colin and Christie
Kelly and John
Kynt and Vyxsin
Ronald and Christina
Sam and Dan
Ken and Tina
Linda and Karen
Ken and Gerard
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:20:06 PM by Zvarri »

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
Charla & Mirna
Dustin & Kandice
Eric & Jeremy
Jet & Cord
Kynt & Vyxin
Uchenna & Joyce
Brook & Claire
Ken & Tina
Ron & Christina
Oswald & Danny
Linda & Karen
Tyler & James

Offline CrazyMonkey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »
Charla and Mirna
Eric and Jeremy
Nat and Kat
Nick and Starr
Colin and Christie
Rob and Amber
Chip and Kim
Meghan and Cheyne
Margie and Luke
Brooke and Claire
Ronald and Christina
Dustin and Kandice

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »
The Ultimate Allstars?

1. Colin and Christie
One of the most competitive teams one can ever remember

2. Charla and Mirna
And you know they will be on any allstars list, lol..

3. Oswald and Danny
An allstars without Cha Cha Chas?

4. Kynt and Vyxsin
They're in their own league in terms of being memorable and unique as a team

5. Brooke and Claire
One of the most competitive and best performing all-female teams ever on the race

6. Nat and Kat
First all-female team to win The Amazing Race

7. Margie and Luke
Luke is the first deaf racer to be on The Amazing Race, and they're really competitive and did really decent.

8. Dustin and Kandice
Although i'm not a fan, but they're the God"mothers" of the first ever most competitive all-female team we've seen

9. Kris and Jon
One of the most memorable "boring" yet extremely popular dating couple ever to compete on the race and there was such a huge uproar when they lost. Probably the reason why nobody ever cared whether Freddy and Kendra win or not because we all choose to acknowledge the fact that Kris and Jon lost.. :(

10. Flo and Zach
We all need someone to hate, but Flo is hilarious and yet annoying at the same time. Plus Zach is an awesome guy. LOL.

11. Ronald and Christina
One of the most memorable parent-child team to ever run the race with a very strong and interesting storyline of the r/s between a father/daughter

12. Eric and Jeremy/Jet and Cord/Rob and Brennan/FT and BE
Because we need another all-male team in this cast. I'll go for Eric and Jeremy, because they have the best averages ever.

Imagine, what an awesome race this could be.... :hearts:

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »
1. Charla & Mirna - most entertaining and recongizable team to ever run the race

2. Kynt & Vyxsin - although not the strongest team, but certainly entertaining

3. Nat & Kat - Strongest F&F team to ever run the race

4. Dustin & Candice - The prototype of competitive F&F teams

5. Margie & Luke - unique and original team. Certainly the strongest of parent/child teams

6. Nick & Starr - strongest team ever in terms of 1st place finishes - what else to say?

7. Uchenna & Joyce - one of the most likable winners

8. Rob & Amber - perfect villains. The "love to hate" team.

9. Jet & Cord - Dislike them, but they're a strong team, and liked by a lot of people

10. Brooke & Claire - Once again dislike them, but again, one of the most popular teams

11. BJ and Tyler - Were robbed of their spot on the allstars

12. Oswald and Danny just cuz theyre hilarious

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 01:33:40 PM »
Welcome to RFF, phant0m!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 08:53:32 AM »
Uchenna&Joyce
Chip&Kim
Margie&Luke
Zev&Justin
Rob&Brennan
Teri&Ian
Nat&Kat
Jet&Cord
Kris&Jon
BJ&Tyler
Charla&Mirna
Toni&Dallas
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Weedy Spyze

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »
Teri & Ian (Season 3)
Ken & Gerard (Season 3)
Reichen & Chip (Season 4)
Uchenna & Joyce (Season 7)
Meredith & Gretchen (Season 7)
Dustin & Kandice (Season 10)
Kynt & Vyxsin (Season 12)
Kisha & Jen (Season 14)
Brian & Ericka (Season 15)
Dan & Jordan (Season 16)
Nat & Kat (Season 17)
Brook & Claire (Season 17)

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »
I'd love to see a team with all the second placers (excluding Family Edition and the All-Stars/Unfinished Business seasons), purely for the fact that it would make for some fun TV. The cowboys, Brook & Claire, and Sam & Dan would be the teams that everyone wants to see make it to the end, and of course you have a scenario that I wish would've happened on the first All-Stars, namely seeing two of the most competitive racers in the show's history (Colin & Rob) go head to head in what promises to be an intense fight to the finish  :lol:

Offline TheZanies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
My criteria: teams I personally like, but also teams I think should be competitive as well (I won't pick Arthur & Anita just because I like them, they have no shot of going far). Oh and I'm not gonna lie, I love me some eye candy so bite me  :lol3:

1. Dustin & Kandice (10). Yeah, I know, it would be their 3rd go around but see above, bite me.

2. Colin & Christie (5). I have no love for Colin, he's way too intense for my taste but no one can deny he's a very good racer. Christie had a kid, curious to see whether she can keep up with Colin like she did in season 5 for the most part.

3. Nat & Kat (17). Because we need awesomeness, plain and simple.

4. Danny & Oswald (2). Fun guys, without the "wrong" kinda drama like Mirna & Charla.

5. Ken & Gerard (3). See above.

6. The Clowns (4). See above.

7. Jon & Kelly (4). Not everyone's cuppa, but I really enjoyed watching them race. They can be mean  to other teams but hey we have to have some entertainment and they don't cross the line, as far as I am concerned.

8. Lena & Kristy (6). They were so unlucky their first time, I think they deserve another go.

9. Megan & Cheyne (15). I don't particularly like them but Megan could be one of the strongest female racers ever on the show. The competition was largely weak sauce their season so they dominated, I want to see how they'll fare against better teams.

10. Linda & Karen (5). I have a feeling they'll go the way of the dodo early on, I picked them because I don't want to be accused of picking only FF eye candy  :snicker:

11. Joseph & Monica (9). Monica is hot, her crying can be annoying but she's hot. I also like the dynamics between the 2.

12. If we have to have one parent/son or daughter team, Gary & Mallory (17), I guess. I'm completely neutral about this team, I like Gary but Mallory's over-perkiness can be annoying as hell.

No villains to speak of. I'm probably in the minority, I don't need some cooked up drama or loud fools to keep watching. There should be plenty of entertainment with KG, the Clowns and the Cha Cha Boys.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:53:25 PM by TheZanies »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »
Ultimate? I don't want this show to ever end! At least until I get on it.

But who I'd want to see are the well performing teams (No teams that have been on another All-stars, so no Rob & Amber!).

Colin & Christie
Meghan & Cheyne
Nick & Starr
Eric & Jeremy (Eric has already been on twice, but they have the best average on the American version)
Nat & Kat
Rob & Brennan
Tammy & Victor
Derek & Drew
Lena & Kristy (Come on, they should have been back)Marc & Rovilson (Uhh, international teams are allowed?)
Ken & Gerard (I don't care if they only had three wins, I want them back)

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
9. Megan & Cheyne (15). I don't particularly like them but Megan could be one of the strongest female racers ever on the show. The competition was largely weak sauce their season so they dominated, I want to see how they'll fare against better teams.

Glad to see that someone else here likes Megan & Cheyne. IMO, out of all the women that have been on the show, my top 3 picks for strongest are Jill (S3 and All Stars), Starr, and Megan...would love to see the three of them race against each other

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
Some people are going to be angry that you two forgot Nat and Kat :lol:

I like Meghan and Cheyne too. Of course the rest of that cast was terrible but they could have won other seasons. TAR15 was really hard. I have always thought it was the best season for tasks and the worst for cast.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
Some people are going to be angry that you two forgot Nat and Kat :lol:

I like Meghan and Cheyne too. Of course the rest of that cast was terrible but they could have won other seasons. TAR15 was really hard. I have always thought it was the best season for tasks and the worst for cast.

I liked most of the tasks in TAR15, except for the decision to recreate the hay bale roadblock from S6...didn't like it the first time, and I certainly didn't like it the second

Offline TheZanies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »

Glad to see that someone else here likes Megan & Cheyne. IMO, out of all the women that have been on the show, my top 3 picks for strongest are Jill (S3 and All Stars), Starr, and Megan...would love to see the three of them race against each other

Jill was absolutely awesome in S3, KG didn't tag her "Rambette" for nothing  :lol3:  She wasn't so good in S11 four years later, though it's hard to say because they got eliminated so early.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »
Jill was a strong racer with a huge weakness (shared by John Vito in AR3 and AR11). They both could not navigate their way out of a paper bag! That caused their elimination in Singapore and inability to find the correct approach road off the Pan American highway to Hacienda Yanahurco also caused them to be the FIRST elimination in AR11. 

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »
Maybe a season with all the the winners from previous seasons (12 in total). You will get your best team ever!

Now that I'd love to see...I'd be hoping that the final 3 would end up being Nick & Starr, Megan & Cheyne, and Nat & Kat...out of those three, I'd be happy no matter which one wins...and of course, I'd also be praying that Chris & Alex and Zach & Flo would be the first two teams to visit Elimination Station  :lol:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 09:07:54 AM »
What about a season of past racers, but not past teams? For example:

Dallas & Starr
Christina & Azaria

Okay I'm out already.. Anyone got any good combos?

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
Hmm... based on teams?
I'd have 12

M/M
Zev/Justin (TAR 15/18)- One of if not my all time favorite teams ever!
Jet/Cord (TAR 16/18)- Idg the dislike of them. I mean, they're not my favorites, but I still certainly like them
Ken/Gerard (TAR 3)- They were absolutely hilarious! I really enjoyed them throughout the race.
Oswald/Danny (TAR 2/11)- I'm not really a huge fan of them, but I know other people are. I mean, they were cool I guess.

M/F
Gary/Mallory (TAR 17/18)- Mallory is so amazing! And Gary is really cool too!
David/Mary (TAR 10/11)- Ok, another team that's in contention for my "Favorite Team Ever". I cried at their elim in TAR 10 becuase Mary was such a sweetheart.
Dave/Lori (TAR 9)- They were by far the most likable team of TAR 9 imo. They were sweet and adorkable.
Toni/Dallas (TAR 13)- They needed to have been brought back a while ago. For U.B. over Amanda/Kris.

F/F
Brook/Claire (TAR 17)- Still keeping fingers crossed for All-Stars 3.
Dustin/Kandice (TAR 10/11)- I at first didn't like them in TAR 10 because I loved the 6-Pack for some reason, but in TAR 11, they were absolutely amazing and robbed.
Nat/Kat (TAR 17)- Great winners imo. I mean, I loved Brook/Claire, but I loved Nat/Kat too.
Charla/Mirna (TAR 5/11)- I loved them in TAR 5 (my first season when I was 10 or so) and to this day, they're still awesome.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »
What about a season of past racers, but not past teams? For example:

Dallas & Starr
Christina & Azaria

Okay I'm out already.. Anyone got any good combos?

Brook & Mallory?
Charla & Kandice?
Dustin & Karlyn?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:10:20 AM by flamant777 »

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
How about they choose 22 racers that dont know each other and then pair them up (like a few teams in Pékin Express). Could make a lot of drama  :snicker:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:11:29 AM by flamant777 »

DavidJunior

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
I will not use teams who have won or have been featured multiple times already

My teams:
Nancy and Emily (Season 1) Original underdogs, battled their way to F5 and could've gone farther if they hadn't given up in Thailand
Mary and Peach (Season 2) One of the best early chances of an F/F team winning, surprised they weren't in All-Stars.
Ken and Gerard (Season 3) Such and awesome team, fun to watch and performed well.  Surprised they weren't on All-Stars.
Jon and Al (Season 4) Same as Ken and Gerard
Colin and Christie (Season 5) Colin is one of the best racers to ever compete.
Kris and Jon (Season 6) Performed well, but also had a very positive view in a very negative season
Meredith and Gretchen (Season 7) They were so awesome and lucky their first season.  Could lady luck shine on them again?
Erwin and Godwin (Season 10) I think they can do a lot better without the rest of the "back pack" slowing them down
Nathan and Jennifer (Season 12) A bit of a train wreck, but I loved watching them and they performed pretty well until Taiwan
Toni and Dallas (Season 13) I feel they can be a bit underrated, and feel they should have been on unfinished business
Jeff and Jordan (Season 16)  They got screwed over left and right in Europe, and I think they could do a lot better than they did
Brooke and Claire (Season 17) Very fun and entertaining team that performed very well throughout their season.

*Note: I did not choose from Seasons 9, (only season I didn't watch yet) 14 (so many teams have been used already), and 15 (least favorite cast).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
How about they choose 22 racers that dont know each other and then pair them up (like a few teams in Pékin Express). Could make a lot of drama  :snicker:

That would certainly make for an interesting season! :tup: It would be interesting.

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

My teams:
Nancy and Emily (Season 1) Original underdogs, battled their way to F5 and could've gone farther if they hadn't given up in Thailand
Mary and Peach (Season 2) One of the best early chances of an F/F team winning, surprised they weren't in All-Stars.
Ken and Gerard (Season 3) Such and awesome team, fun to watch and performed well.  Surprised they weren't on All-Stars.
Kris and Jon (Season 6) Performed well, but also had a very positive view in a very negative season
Meredith and Gretchen (Season 7) They were so awesome and lucky their first season.  Could lady luck shine on them again?
Erwin and Godwin (Season 10) I think they can do a lot better without the rest of the "back pack" slowing them down
Nathan and Jennifer (Season 12) A bit of a train wreck, but I loved watching them and they performed pretty well until Taiwan
Toni and Dallas (Season 13) I feel they can be a bit underrated, and feel they should have been on unfinished business
Jeff and Jordan (Season 16)  They got screwed over left and right in Europe, and I think they could do a lot better than they did
Brooke and Claire (Season 17) Very fun and entertaining team that performed very well throughout their season.

*Note: I did not choose from Seasons 9, (only season I didn't watch yet) 14 (so many teams have been used already), and 15 (least favorite cast).

I think you can probably guarantee that Brooke and Claire will be on the next All Stars. I believe they were approach about being on Unfinished Business, but Claire was already pregnant. I could be wrong on that though.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »

My teams:

David Junior,

That's a pretty good list for a future All-Stars (or Unfinished Business or call it whatever you choose). I will point out that Colin married Christie and they had a child, but later she left him.
Also, I would never put a 76 year old (today; who knows how old he will be in a future year) man in an Amazing Race and I think a 73 year old woman is an even bigger stretch.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »

My teams:

Lena & Kristy definitely need to be on that list. They were up there with Kris & Jon as the most likeable teams of season 6, and if it hadn't been for that  (:;) hay bale roadblock, who knows how far they could've gone?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:55 PM »
I will point out that Colin married Christie and they had a child, but later she left him.
Wait, when was this?  :(

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
The baby arrived soon after the filming of AR11 in late 2006.

Reports of the separation of Colin and Christie appeared somewhere on this site maybe one year ago after they first appeared on Facebook. I have attempted multiple times to get independent verification, but have not succeeded yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »
They were there (and very much together as far as I can tell) in Miami.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:48 PM »
They were there (and very much together as far as I can tell) in Miami.
Glad to hear that...they seemed to really love each other on season 5, so it would be a shame to hear that they split up :(