Author Topic: Roadblock Count 6 or 7?  (Read 11979 times)

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Roadblock Count 6 or 7?
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »
I guess pre-Season 6 the requirement is to do a minimum of 1 before the final leg (or to be eligible to win/be in the final 3/whatever). Otherwise why the hell would Flo, Christie, Kim or Nicole ("Is that you or is that you?"  :barf) even bother to do their only performance?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »
I guess pre-Season 6 the requirement is to do a minimum of 1 before the final leg (or to be eligible to win/be in the final 3/whatever). Otherwise why the hell would Flo, Christie, Kim or Nicole ("Is that you or is that you?"  :barf) even bother to do their only performance?
for the lulz?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »
I just read this in wikipedia.

In Season 9, the Roadblock limit was increased to a maximum of seven which can lead to a 6-6 or 5-7 distribution.

It happened QUITE some time ago. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »
This is the "Mom" rule...it was put into place after Linda and Karen lost to the ascender I believe.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
It wasn't season nine they changed it from 6 to 7, though. TAR10 needed a 7 maximum since there were 13 RoadBlocks (due to the first leg getting one when it previously had not had one), but teams were always functioning on a six-RoadBlock maximum until TAR15 at least. TAR16's the first to have someone reach seven RoadBlocks without it being forced, though I suspect the rule change in the first place was only to accommodate the two-RoadBlock leg in Shanghai -- without that twist, we'd probably still be at six each.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
This is the "Mom" rule...it was put into place after Linda and Karen lost to the ascender I believe.
I thought the Mom rule was 6-6
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
That's what I meant.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.