Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

Ranking the Teams of TAR: Unfinished Business

<< < (2/6) > >>

Jobby:
I think he meant 9th on the overall placing list! :cmas16

theschnauzers:
As I was trying to explain before, given the close spread of ten of the teams looking at their averages from their original seasons, I'm not sure one can predict the order of finish, as such. What I want to see is how close teams' averages are compared to their original season.  That is not a function of the order of elimination as such, merely the average of their performance at the time they are eliminated.

DrRox:
I keep looking at the numbers and think what an outlier Zev/Justin's averages are. I know you have to do it this way, but they actually finished 1st on the leg they were eliminated. As we all know, they were eliminated because of the lost passport. Too bad there is not some way you could use the 1st place finish and still have them be eliminated. I am sure they would move way up. It would be, to me, more indicative of their true racing skills...but I do understand how/why you do it the way you do it.

Toni/Dallas, to me, were eliminated more because they lost all their money and had to walk and beg money. They really did come in last and were eliminated. The lost passport just cemented their elimination.

Anyway....I am sure glad you keep all these statistics.  They really do show patterns and tendencies.

georgiapeach:
They were forced to walk because production did not have permission to film in the subways after a certain time, so they were not able to use that, although they could have afforded it I believe.

DrRox:
I guess what I really meant was that there were other factors affecting Toni/Dallas's placement/elimination that day, besides losing Dallas's passport. The only thing that affected Zev/Justin's placement/elimination was Justin losing Zev's passport.

I have absolutely no problem with the_schnauzers methodology. I just think in this one instance, it masks Zev/Justin's racing skills.

He has them at 24/6 = 6.0000 for average placement. Since they did finish first, if you corrected it to 16/4 = 4.0000 and then statistically, they fit more inline with the other teams. I got the 16/4 by subtracting the 9 he gave them by being the 9th team on their last leg and eliminated and added 1 for finishing 1st on that leg.

This is just a very rare instance. They were not eliminated for coming in last. They were eliminated for losing Zev's passport. They were placed last for losing the passport. This probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me......lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version