Author Topic: Bilal & Saeed or Eric & Lisa: Unfair Elimination  (Read 12445 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Bilal & Saeed or Eric & Lisa: Unfair Elimination
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:36:05 AM »
Watched Amazing Race 10, wondering this question

Which of them was the most unfair elimination, Bilal & Saeed or Eric & Lisa?

Points to ponder.

1. At least Bilal & Saeed made it to China
2. But they were eliminated not at a pit stop.
3. Eric & Lisa were told if they couldn't find a licence plate, they couldn't get a ticket to Japan.

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
Re: Bilal & Saeed or Eric & Lisa: Unfair Elimination
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:48:55 AM »
I would go with Bilal and Saeed. They were eliminated  when they had no idea that it was coming. Eric and Lisa were at least warned before the start (as well as all of the other teams) that one team would be eliminated at the starting line AND they did have the hint to the license tag in their clue.

Nonetheless, I think both eliminations were two of TAR's more forgettable moments.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 07:17:32 AM »
I would go with Bilal and Saeed. They were eliminated  when they had no idea that it was coming. Eric and Lisa were at least warned before the start (as well as all of the other teams) that one team would be eliminated at the starting line AND they did have the hint to the license tag in their clue.

Nonetheless, I think both eliminations were two of TAR's more forgettable moments.

True, Bilal and Saeed had no idea the elimination was coming. Eric and Lisa were given a fair shot.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:21:09 AM »
Both were unfortunate eliminations.  :cmas4

However, I would go with Bilal & Sa'eed, even though they had experienced the race more.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
Both.  But i go with Eric and Lisa, because TAR 15 is lame. First they eliminate a team at the starting line, then on the same episode in Japan they had a NEL for Maria and Tiffany. How anti-climax was that? :cmas29

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
I would say Eric & Lisa were eliminated unfairly

Bilal & Saeed had 1 or 2 tasks that led to their elimination so they had a chance to prove themselves.

Eric & Lisa got screwed by the first task to HUGE EGO Lance.  :cmas31:

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
Eric and Lisa were ROBBED.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 11:14:41 PM »
I think Bilal & Sa'eed got it worst because it was a surprise elimination without any warning. Though, Eric & Lisa's case is sadder.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:15 AM »
I would go with Eric & Lisa, because having to go through all that process of casting and getting on the race, and then get eliminated like that. They probably got excited to be on the race, only to not even get to leave the US.

And then having the first leg being non-elimination, that was insult-to-injury.

Who knew how far they would have gotten.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
I think Bilal and Sa'eed had it worst off. There have been many times when strong teams are at the back of the pack/last place but manage to save themselves and get ahead by the time they reach the pitstop. Bilal and Sa'eed could have just been having bad luck or got wrong directions, something that could have been completely out of their hands. They could have easily done well in the rest of the leg and made up some ground, but they were just booted without warning.

Eric and Lisa did have a chance to save themselves. They knew going into the challenge someone would be eliminated and didn't read the clue thoroughly (even when Phil told them all the information they needed was in the clue). That to me was a mistake on their part and they paid for it dearly. While I think both eliminations absolutely sucked, Eric and Lisa had more warning and influence on their elimination.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 10:08:30 PM »
I too think Bilal and Saeed's elimination was more unfair. As stated by others Eric and Lisa received:

- Warning
- The answer to the task they went down for - ON THE CLUE!!!
- They decided to walk off and not go to Elimination Station

When you sign up for the Amazing Race, you sign up for an adventure, free holiday and chance to win big. They should have seized the opportunity for a free holiday at ES!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »
I think Bilal & Sa'eed got it worst because it was a surprise elimination without any warning. Though, Eric & Lisa's case is sadder.
This.

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 07:31:56 AM »
This.

I agree.
Bilal and Sa'eed was the worst because they didn't have any warning. Eric and Lisa were warned but it was really sad because they didn't even get to race...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
They should have seized the opportunity for a free holiday at ES!
They had other plans that sounded better than ES, in an interview they said something about going to india with their yoga instructor...not sure
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »
They had other plans that sounded better than ES, in an interview they said something about going to india with their yoga instructor...not sure

After all, they were just happy that they took the pain of being eliminated first away from the other teams.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:53:34 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »

They were not familiar with the show or the producers, and after their elim experience, they were unwilling to trust that ES would be a good experience for them. So they chose to go to India and spent the 3 weeks with their yoga guru instead.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »

They were not familiar with the show or the producers, and after their elim experience, they were unwilling to trust that ES would be a good experience for them. So they chose to go to India and spent the 3 weeks with their yoga guru instead.
So the Race allows alternative vacations like that? If I was on there and got eliminated I could come up with a lot of places to vacation for three weeks. :lol: They would be more exciting than ES too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:21 PM »
No they don't....but this was what Eric and Lisa would agree to. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »

I was very disappointed in the starting line elimination, but when I read reports that Eric and Lisa were not really fans of the show and had been recruited, my disappointment tempered a little.

Offline Thames Pirate

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »
It was obvious Bilal and Saeed wanted to be there.  That, to me, is the big difference.  Sure, it sucked for Eric and Lisa, but they didn't strike me as passionate.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
Quote from: Competitor
I was very disappointed in the starting line elimination, but when I read reports that Eric and Lisa were not really fans of the show and had been recruited, my disappointment tempered a little.
Here's the relevant part from their interview with RTVW:
Reality TV World: How were you cast for The Amazing Race? Was it your first time applying for the show?

Eric: I have a student who really is interested in reality shows. She kept telling me that I would be perfect for The Amazing Race and one day took it upon herself to submit us to the show. She called me up and said, "I've got to tell you something man. I just submitted you to this show. I don't know if you're going to hear back."

Literally within an hour we heard back from the producers and they said, "Hey, we love you guys. Can you make it down to Santa Monica?" We went there and as soon as we met them we knew it was on. It went that quickly. They said, "You're great, we love you."

Lisa: We had never even seen the show prior to that call either

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »
Thanks for the link, I remember thinking that was a good interview. They also went out on air with grace.

This sums it up nicely, I think (from the same interview):

Reality TV World:  In hindsight, do you think your brief The Amazing Race experience was worth it?  Why or why not?

Lisa: Eric take that one.

Eric:  That's what life is.  Life is a series of experiences.  Our job is to make them as best as they can be.  I think that we still have not seen what fruits this experience will bear.  We are yet to see where it's going to take it or how we can use this in our lives. We know this much: Life is what you live, you only die once.  We're going to keep living everyday to its fullest.

Lisa: The real experience of life has nothing to do with running a race.  Eric and I are just grateful for all the blessing that come our way.  We just really, really feel like really blessed.  We're just grateful for everything.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
I would have done that if the producers eliminated me at the starting line. Only maybe.. i'll ask where ES is at first. If it's somewhere Europe... :<3 :lol: