Archive > New & Upcoming Reality Shows

Joe Schmo 2 chats

(1/3) > >>

Texan:
Hey it looks like the chat with the person evicted each week ala survivor

Chat with the Joe Schmo 2 cast and producers every week only on Spiketv.com! Join the chat live every Wednesday at 9 p.m. (ET).

Just got to the Joe schmo website and hit chat ~~you can click on the joe schmo ad at the bottom. 

Texan:
Here is Rita's chat from last week

Joe Schmo 2 Event Chat Transcript
6-16-04
Natasha/Rita

SpikeTV Host: There are tons of great questions for Natasha so let's begin! If you're just joining us, we're chatting live with Joe Schmo 2's Natasha Leggero (aka Rita). To ask Natasha a question, type it in the space below and click "Ask". We'll get to as many of your questions as we can. Here we go!!!

SpikeTV Host: Hi Natasha! Thanks for being here tonight. Are you ready to take some questions?
SpikeTV Natasha: Great, yeah - of course!

timmy: Hi Natasha - You were great on the show! I loved watching you trip and fall all over the place...oh how it reminded me of my mother! What made you want to be on this show?
SpikeTV Natasha: I think the show is a really great idea - sort of satirizing reality TV shows and I've always wanted to play a drunk girl. I love falling. Is your mother okay?

kev: hey, Rita. Was it hard to keep the secret of the show being fake?
SpikeTV Natasha: It was extremely hard with Ingrid because of the earlier reveal of the model saying that her agent hired her. It was a much bigger deal on the set than it came across on the show last night on the first episode. Everyone was freaking out and I had to get wasted in 45 minutes and they were afraid it wouldnt be believable because Ingrid was so suspicious.

WUEagle: Were you having any 'real drinks' while playing the part of Rita to help make it more authentic?
SpikeTV Natasha: That was a big issue with the producers because they were afraid that if Ingrid got up close to me - she wouldn't smell any alcohol - so we put some vodka and maybe gin in my hair.

RedBearDave: How hard was it to keep a straight face during the whole "Pearl Necklace" ceremony? I`d imagine it had to be reshot at least once, because someone lost it.
SpikeTV Natasha: Well we couldn't reshoot because it was supposed to be happening for the first time. But we had heard it so many times during rehearsal that the words "pearl necklace" didn't seem so shocking to us anymore. It was so funny when Tim kept cracking up anytime anyone said pearl necklace. I was standing in front of him as Rita and I started laughing too because I knew Rita would be on Tim's side with that - and think it was really funny. Tim kept nudging me and we were the only two who were realizing how ridiculous a pearl necklace would be.

TIVOSciolist: Natasha: What is the secret to falling down repeatedly without causing irreparable internal injury?
SpikeTV Natasha: Really high shoes are good for the falling. ever since childhood I've always liked being dropped.

Kip_Is_Not_Gay_: Hi Natasha. Who is most like & unlike the character they play on the show?
SpikeTV Natasha: Most like their character - Me - but without the excessive drinking. And also Piper. The most unlike their character for the sake of controversy I'm going to say Cammy.

Zaine: hey natasha, why did you have to be the 1 to get "kicked off"? you were by far the hottest one on there.
SpikeTV Natasha: Did you not see Cammy? That's all that was in my contract. I would have loved to stay on for longer and I was hoping they would change the character's situation.

RedBearDave: Natasha/Rita: Two questions: First, how did you get cast on the show, and second, if you'd had the chance, which of the other people on the show do you wish you'd played?
SpikeTV Natasha: I was brought in because my agent got me the audition. I also knew Brian Keith Etheridge from doing stand-up comedy. I loved playing Rita and I would have fought for her. I was originally brought in for Piper and the casting director took one look at me and wanted me to audition for the Tara Reid type character and I was initially kind of offended.

Biggest_Fan: You were hysterical! Did you get to hang around after you were done to offer creative imput?
SpikeTV Natasha: When it was time for me to go, everyone was so worried about Ingrid finding out that they were in heavy meetings and I just slipped away, hoping someone would call me soon. Basically everyone was in panic mode and I was glad to be gone.

wendiness: Did you get a sense that Ingrid was catching on?
SpikeTV Natasha: Yes, definitely. At one point we were waiting in a line to go in to give our gifts to Austin and Ingrid was so suspicious of me that she was looking through me every time I said anything, and as we were going in the door to my room opened and she looked at me and said "What book are you reading, Rita?" and it happened to be Tennessee William's short stories. So I told her all they had in there were boring books so I was reading some guy and didn't remember his name. It got to the point that I was so scared of her because anytime I said anything she just stared at me. So it got to the point by the second day that I wouldn't say anything.

Marty: How long was the rehearsal process befoere filming?
SpikeTV Natasha: Two weeks. And it was very fun! We all got to know each other's characters and we improvised all of the various scenes we were going to have to perform. We also had fake Janes and Joes coming in to work with us as well. One thing we were really worried about was having to re-introduce ourselves as characters to each other in front of Joe and Jane because we all already knew each other so well as our character.

Inundated: Natasha - you were great. A bunch of us wished you could stick around! Did you know anything about the first "Joe Schmo" when you were cast for the role?
SpikeTV Natasha: I watched the finale of the first show once I started auditioning... and I thought it was great. I'll be back for the finale - which is hilarious!

issues285: What has to go down, both behind the scenes and during the show itself, for this all to work?
SpikeTV Natasha: First of all you have to really trust all the actors that you're working with to be able to pull you out of a bad situation if needed. We were all really relying on each other in case something happened. There were times when other cast members would see me alone with Ingrid and come and save me from the situation. So trust is very important. Secondly, the producers told us that our first priority is being real and our second is being funny... which was hard because we all want to be funny.

NotchoCheese: Do you feel any guilt playing these people for fools?
SpikeTV Natasha: Not with Ingrid because she doesn't really have an underdog quality. She was so aggressively trying to find everything out that it made me not feel bad. Tim was so easy going that even when he does find out - he'll find it hilarious. Rita and Ingrid were sort of at odds so it was hard for me to separate my character from Natasha in terms of Ingrid.

RedBearDave: Did the cast practice with the falcon? Because it seemed like Tim and Ingrid were the only ones who didn`t flinch when it came flying in.
SpikeTV Natasha: You actually can't see it but I was terrified. They just didn't do close ups on us - and no - we did not practice with the falcon. I almost jumped out of my seat!

ScottLJ: When was the show shot? Will we see any references to really current real-world events?
SpikeTV Natasha: It was shot in early April and we weren't allowed to watch TV or have current magazines - they didn't want us to "date" the show.. so we didn't use any outside references. Especially the people who are in the house for two weeks - they don't have any access to the outside world.

Merf: How many days were you on set? At first I saw the producer say to hold off for day 2, then it seemed you were evicted at the end of day one...
SpikeTV Natasha: I was evicted at the end of day two - they edited some things. We actually gave the presents on day two. I was part of the first eviction ceremony which took place on day two. I was supposed to crash the hot tub party that Ernie and Ingrid won but the producers were scared because of Ingrid's inquisitiveness so Rita didn't get to crash the party which I was upset about.

Merf: You do stand up? Do you tour, because I would like to see your act.
SpikeTV Natasha: I have two shows coming up.. I'm mostly performing in Los Angeles. You can see me at the M Bar in Los Angeles.. corner of Fountain and Vine in Hollywood - Monday, June 28th at 8:00pm and Thursday, July 1st, at 8:00pm. And my website is under construction!

dolltearsheet: natasha, who did you get closest to during the making of the show?
SpikeTV Natasha: The guys were all extremely funny so it was very fun hanging out with them in a big group. We all got very close and I was upset that I had to leave after two days. Everybody in the cast was totally cool. We're all still friends.

JohnnyDoe90: Was it hard to make your character be both comically over the top yet still be believable?
SpikeTV Natasha: I actually wanted her to be even more over the top. The producers talked about her falling into the pool during the mixer - but because I had a battery pack on they couldn't let me do it. I actually wanted to go more over the top. Unfortunately, they had my safety at heart.

wendiness: Was the name Rita an inside joke? Isn't one othe producers married to a Rita?
SpikeTV Natasha: I always thought it had to do with "margarita". Any other relation - I don't know about.

Kip_Is_Not_Gay_: Did the cast know ahead of time that Tim had dumped the girl he was dating to come on this show? And if so what did they think about that?
SpikeTV Natasha: I knew nothing about that. I never heard of that.

MoJoeSchmo: Don't some contestants on real reality shows get calls from agents to be on a show (eg. Big Brother)?
SpikeTV Natasha: I don't really know anything about reality TV show casting. I only know that I hate reality TV shows.

Merf: Where was this shot? Hawaii?
SpikeTV Natasha: I wish. I think it was in The Valley which unfortunately I'm allergic to.. so I had horrible allergies during the whole shooting.

voodoothng: having seen that some of the actors have acting credits, was it a worry that the schmoes might recognize you?
SpikeTV Natasha: Yes, in fact as soon as Ingrid saw Steve Mallory who plays Ernie, she looked at him and said "How do I know you?" He's done a lot of commercials she may have seen, but the Schmoe's were screened quite extensively. We had to make sure that none of the Schmoe's viewing habits involved shows we were in.

ScottLJ: Any chance the unusually large pearl necklaces will get smaller with each eviction, opposite of the increasingly expensive prizes on real dating shows?
SpikeTV Natasha: I hope because those long pearls look totally 80's.

scott80: Hi, I was was wondering if you have met Matt. ( The first Joe Schmo )
SpikeTV Natasha: I just met him this week in Ohio. And we had so much fun - I think he might be one of the nicest people I've ever met. I was surprised at how many people in the airport recognized him. The way he handled his fame was really cool - we'd be standing to get stripped searched and the woman would just be staring at him and he'd all of a sudden go "Joe Schmo!!!!!!!" and they'd say "OH, yeah!" It was very charming.

madameAllbright: Was Ingrid really that agressive or was she just genuinely interested in getting to know people?
SpikeTV Natasha: Both! She's an extremely bright person. She's not the usual type of girl who would go on a reality TV show.

Steff: Did Ralph/Derek look as goofy in person as he did on TV?
SpikeTV Natasha: Absolutely! His hair looked a little more green on TV.

madameAllbright: What other sorts of things were you not able to do that you had rehearsed?
SpikeTV Natasha: I was supposed to throw up in the toilet during the mixer, I was supposed to crash the hot tub party and fall in there, Before the exit speech at brunch, I was supposed to apologize and promise never to get drunk again...during my exit speech I was supposed to be wasted again and asking if someone would give me a ride home because I didn't want to drink and drive.

wendiness: What was the sleeping arrangment? Did someone share a room with Ingrid and was that awkward, given her suspicions?
SpikeTV Natasha: Eleanor had to share a room with Ingrid, which I think was very stressful for her and I think Ingrid confided in her a lot. It was just very stressful for her... every time we saw Eleanor she looked frazzled from being with Ingrid so much. Eleanor had to be in character for 24 hours a day. She was the most likely one to be put with Ingrid because she does have a very soft, submissive nature... and the two actually clicked quite nicely. Eleanor was able to drop some hints about her character to Ingrid at the time to set up some plot points.

BethlynTWoP: natasha, which cast member did you think did the best job in Season 1?
SpikeTV Natasha: I liked Kip the gay guy. I thought he was very funny!

Merf: Are any of the actors married in real life?
SpikeTV Natasha: Steve Mallory is (who plays Ernie). That's it to the best of my knowledge.

dolltearsheet: Are the pearls real on the necklace? ;-)
SpikeTV Natasha: I didn't get one - so I don't know!

MoJoeSchmo: Were there actual trumpets announcing Derek Newcastle`s arrival?
SpikeTV Natasha: No, but that would have been hilarious.

schmofan: How much of the dialogue in the show was improv. I mean, did the producers give you a lot freedom on what to say, or was it pretty strict?
SpikeTV Natasha: There were several seeds we all had to make happen.. like for example Ernie doing Shakespeare and me saying that his father is part of the Gallo fortune - little seeds that had to be planted. We were all mic'd so even little things we said to each other or under our breath - was picked up because there were so many cameras following us around.

Matt_is_the_man: What was the most SHOCKING ( Suprising) thing (to you) that happened
SpikeTV Natasha: Obviously, the model saying that she got hired by her agent. And so as soon as I arrived in line, Ingrid said to me "Hi, how'd they find you?" and I said at a bar in Chicago and she said 'Oh well her agent told her!"

Cuckoo: If the extra that almost gave away the premise of the show on the first day had not slipped up, do you think that Ingrid would have still been suspicious?
SpikeTV Natasha: Good question! Because she's so smart I think the curiosity is part of any intelligent peron's nature and Ingrid is above average intelligence - so yes, I think she would have been suspicious.

JohnnyDoe90: What was the striptease game like to watch and to take part in?
SpikeTV Natasha: I wanted to find a way that Rita wouldn't have to do a strip-tease - especially since Ingrid did such a great strip-tease... so I decided she would be unable to take her costume off without help. And the falling didn't hurt so much with the bunny suit on!

voodoothng: was everyone really suprised at ingrids "Moves" during the strip tease? SpikeTV Natasha: Absolutely! We were worried about it because she was supposed to be the winner - but I think she would have been the winner regardless. All my friends watching it thought she had the best body.

Matt_is_the_man: Nastasha, is this season as outrageous as last and what do we have to look forward to?
SpikeTV Natasha: All of our characters are at the same level Kip was at last year. Watching them buy the outrageous things that the cast does - is going to make for HILARIOUS television. These characters get more and more outrageous. The seeds were only planted last night.
SpikeTV Host: I am sorry to say that our hour with Natasha is up. Natasha, thanks so much for being here to chat with us tonight. Do you have any final comments for the Schmo fans?
SpikeTV Natasha: It was a great experience and I can't wait to see what happens because I actually don't know!
SpikeTV Host: Thanks for joining us everyone. Tune in next to an all-new Joe Schmo 2 on Tuesday at 10:00 PM. We'll chat with the next ejected Joe Schmo 2 contestant next Wednesday evening at 6:00 PM PT (9:00 PM ET). And don't forget to check www.spiketv.com for all the latest Joe Schmo 2 info. Goodbye!

puddin:
Thanks for posting the Texan..hmm thought that guy looked famaliar

--- Quote ---Yes, in fact as soon as Ingrid saw Steve Mallory who plays Ernie, she looked at him and said "How do I know you?" He's done a lot of commercials she may have seen, but the Schmoe's were screened quite extensively.
--- End quote ---
I wonder if ''Jane" will figure it out??

Texan:
I agree....I think she will figure it out also.  Next week looks interesting

Old Timer:
There is no doubt in my mind Ingrid figures this out.  The problem are that these ceremonies are waaaaaay too over the top.  Ingrid seems smart enough to be catching on to this stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version