Author Topic: TAR 18 Elimination Station--Speculation/Discussions **may contain spoilers**  (Read 33993 times)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
I would say somewhere in Australia. Flights from Australia to South America are easy, & flights from Europe-Asia to Australia are even easier.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would say somewhere in Australia. Flights from Australia to South America are easy, & flights from Europe-Asia to Australia are even easier.

Yes, flights are easy but they would be easily recognised and the ES exposed, as the Sydney leg, even the Broken Hill one, proved people in Australia watch a lot of TAR. Besides the great australian sleuth, Coutzy, would have found them out. :cmaslol

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Imaginary conversation

Kisha: Hello
Margie: It's Margie & Luke
Everyone: Awww!
Jen: YEAH!
Everyone else: :STONE FACE:

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Imaginary conversation

ROFLcopters!  :cmas22

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Imaginary conversation

ROFLcopters!  :cmas22

:idgit

Is any of this helping us figure out where ES is?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:52:03 PM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DaNutzki

• RFF Not So Newbie
Imaginary conversation

:doh:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
First, I want to thank RFF's intrepid traveler and amazing renissance man, Neobie, for doing the map below.

I don't know for sure, but the only time I have known where the Sequestorville/Elimination Station was located BEFORE the date of the premier, was for TAR 16 in Puerto Vallarta. This was due to the tremendous popularity of Jeff and Jordan, crossovers from Big Brother. They had so many fans worldwide, someone spotted them in Mexico before the start of the race.

All the teams showing up in Miami on the same flight got me to thinking. How/why did they get there? I think that BVM tried a new tactic to keep us off the real final three and it apparently it worked. I have seen so much speculation on the final 3 with little to no evidence supporting it. Just lots of wish lists to me.

My speculation only:

I think that the Elimination Station for TAR 18 was on the Mynmmar/Thai/Malaysian Pensula. Here are my reasons.

1) All the previous sequestorvilles and elimination stations have been in non-English speaking countries, so to me that rules out Australia.

2) All the known elimination points (Broken Hill, Tokyo/Yokohama, Kunming) and the two speculated elimination points (Kolkata and Varanasi) all circle the Mynmmar/Thai/Malaysian Pensula.

3) TAR has used this region before for this purpose in other races, TAR 5 and TAR 14 and very close in TAR15. Phu Qouc Island (TAR 15) is just across the Gulf of Thailand from Ko Samui (TAR 14)

4)Two of the 4 west to east races have used this area. TAR13 had 3 teams eliminated in S America, so the other two came back to Mexico. Strange to me that TAR 10 had Porto, Portugal as the sequestorville, but it was easy, quick hop to get to New York from there for the finale.

5) Using the Phuket Airport, which is centrally located on that pensula, it is easy to get to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. All three of these airports have very easy connections to Johannesburg and from there to Sao Paulo. The ES could have been in Malaysia or Singapore too....really anywhere from Bangkok to Singapore seems to be the target area that I propose. They could have flown back through Sydney or Auckland too, but by flying that way adds about 4-8 hours onto flying time to Sao Paulo over the route through Johannesburg, South Africa.

Here is a graphic for what I think happened.....again thanks and credit to Neobie for the graphic.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:17:18 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It makes perfect sense to me. It had already occurred to me (or maybe I read it here) that they might have the elimination station in Thailand. Being centrally, it would cut travel costs and I'm sure they are looking for ways to do that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great speculation DrRox!! I love how you put this all together.   

And :winner

Thailand it was.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Thailand, great beaches, cheap 5 star resorts and great sights/people/locations. Where else can it be? :lol:

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
Theres no elimination station video up yet and I'm getting a little mad!  What if there is no elimination station this season!?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
There is no "button" on the CBS site........so might just not get any ES this time.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
This is kind of interesting........

You've seen so many amazing countries through your experiences on the show. Where do you still want to visit and why? I know you mentioned Ireland on your CBS bios...
Luke: "Ireland! I still want to go there and visit Ireland to see where my family came from. I'd love to visit London - we got a little glimpse of the city when we connected through Heathrow Airport so I'd love to go back to London one day - it's a beautiful city. I would love to go back to Sydney and explore more and actually see real kangaroos in the wildlife!"
Margie: "Still Ireland. My grandparents are from there and I have cousins I have never met that live there so I would love to go some day."

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s66/the-amazing-race/interviews/a311776/margie--luke-the-amazing-race-unfinished-business.html

I wonder if Luke is talking about Season 14 or Season 18.......they sure could have done BKK to LHR to GRU to meet all the other teams in Sao Paulo. Personally, I dont remember if the connected through London on the way from Austria to Siberia either.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In AR14 teams leaving Bucharest flew through 4 different connecting points, Istanbul, Sofia, Munich and Frankfurt to get to Moscow to get from there to Novosibirsk.

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
In AR14 teams leaving Bucharest flew through 4 different connecting points, Istanbul, Sofia, Munich and Frankfurt to get to Moscow to get from there to Novosibirsk.
It was Krasnoyarsk  :doh:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Well with Peach's new information and Luke's slip up in an elmination interview, it appears that the ES teams flew from Thailand to London to Miami. That is the most direct route to Miami from Bangkok.

Offline Mela

• RFF Not So Newbie
No Elimationstation video?