Author Topic: Cast  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
Cast
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
Just to keep more discussion going now that the spoiling of season 18 is over, what are your guys thoughts about what makes up good teams.  What are your thoughts on best relationship for teams, background, things of that sort.  For me I am getting a little tired of dating couples being on the race.  I remember reading an interview that Phil did awhile back and he said they wanted teams with a strong relationship that have known each other for quite some time, it seems though that every season has a few teams that don't fit this criteria at all.  What are your guys thoughts what would be the perfect makeup of a team?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Cast
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
What makes a good relationship is being able to get along, most of all. Team members need to compliment each other by not being the same. I believe that every team needs to have a driver and a supporter. The driver must keep the team's attitude and morale positive and the supporter must keep the team mentally grounded. As far as dating, married, friends, etc., this does not matter as much as having a driver and a supporter.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
That makes sense the way Nick treated Vicki this last season drove me crazy and it happens so often on the race, that is why my wife and I don't think it would bbe a good idea for us to be on it together, hence me trying with one of my parents.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
That makes sense the way Nick treated Vicki this last season drove me crazy and it happens so often on the race, that is why my wife and I don't think it would bbe a good idea for us to be on it together, hence me trying with one of my parents.

Definitely choose a team member that you know you can get along with. Otherwise, you're in for one miserable and unsuccessful race!  :cmas16
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:01:21 AM »
I think really knowing your teammate is the most important thing. The relationship between Brook and Claire was one that we usually see on The Amazing Race but it usually does not translate that well. With Brook and Claire, Brook was always pushing Claire to do better and not give up. But she did it in a way that did not berate her teammate. This is not the usually story as we saw this season. Brook never asked more of Claire than she thought Claire could do. But Brook and Claire can communicate pretty well and they know each other very well so when Brook pushes Claire, Claire has her moment and they're back to racing and you don't feel bad about what happened between them.  :cmas26 Then you have racers like Nat and Kat who as they said were co-captains of their team. They were always Nat and Kat. And they mirrored each other more than any other team. This was good for them because they were both pulling equal weight instead of one doing more than the other. They knew what each other needed and didn't need. Nat said when they were doing the bungee jump, Kat knew how to handle her. They just gave you that sense that they were a team, I think more than any other team.  :cmas9

So I think these two teams set the bar on what makes a good team. Either you have that one that leads but knows how to lead without being a dictator or you have the equal team effort with both teammates pulling the same amount of weight. But being able to make good, quick decisions, not quitting, and being respectful are important as well and those should already be in place.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat