Author Topic: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion  (Read 144677 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »
Not having a fan mase  BASE has absolutely NOTHING to do with who wins or loses.

peach can't type, lol!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:41:53 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »
I suppose I'm just grasping at straws. This is what I was trying to convey: Having the Globetrotters win this season would make the entire season a disappointment. :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
I suppose I'm just grasping at straws. This is what I was trying to convey: Having the Globetrotters win this season would make the entire season a disappointment. :(

Welcome to my world!  I've been disappointed MOST seasons, except for last year.  And I think the Trotters have a fan base, maybe not as much as the Cowboys, but I think Trotter fans DO exist.

I personally don't care WHO wins.  I like all the teams in this F4 (and speculated F3), and I'd be happy if any of them win, including the Trotters.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »

I totally agree!  Boo Trotters! :knuckles:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »

Welcome to my world!  I've been disappointed MOST seasons, except for last year.  And I think the Trotters have a fan base, maybe not as much as the Cowboys, but I think Trotter fans DO exist.

I personally don't care WHO wins.  I like all the teams in this F4 (and speculated F3), and I'd be happy if any of them win, including the Trotters.

That's a great attitude to have. It is good to enjoy the season and the show for what it is and be happy for whoever wins. I don't hate the trotters but they are the least of the remaining teams IMO.

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »

That's a great attitude to have. It is good to enjoy the season and the show for what it is and be happy for whoever wins. I don't hate the trotters but they are the least of the remaining teams IMO.

Thanks!  I'll admit the Trotters aren't the best racers, but they recognize their weaknesses and try to compensate for that by getting assistance from other teams.  If anything, we should "hate" the other teams that continue to give the Trotters the answers.  They can always ask, the other teams aren't obligated to give it to them!

I speculate the Trotters & Kisha/Jen for photo finish and Gallory in 3rd.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
i think Globetrotters and Kisha & Jen will be the final 3
we all see they are in the same photo in Miami
It is not possible to have one decoy and one final 3 at the same time

I think it's possible.  K/V, Cowboys, Cheeleaders were all photographed in that airport about the same time as GT and K/J... If the other teams were running decoy, it would make sense to place them amongst the ones still in the race.

Offline speedrace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2011, 10:18:48 AM »
In my opinion, the globetrotters are not guranteed to win the race. All 4 teams stand a good chance as well. And yes, I feel Zev and Justin are still in the running to win the race even though there is no screencaps of them in florida, that doesn't 100% mean they are the 4th out.

Offline Chase S

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
^That and just because Kisha/Jen and FT/BE were spotted together in the airport doesn't mean that they both have to be of the same status.

CBS can just choose not to air the footage where they appeared together.

DavidJunior

« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
I don't get how K/J not winning a leg yet automatically decides that they can't win in the final?

They have been pretty consistent the entire race.  They never fell below 6th place as opposed to every other team still in it, they've never been in any real danger of being eliminated as opposed to everyone else, and they've been steadily improving as the race has continued on.

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »
Yes, K/J have been consistent throughout this race. Consistently never the first to arrive.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2011, 03:54:03 PM »
Murtz Jaffer just tweeted his prediction of who wins TAR18. He has NEVER been wrong with his predictions of all seasons of TAR and Survivor and was only wrong once with The Apprentice (Annie vs Joan)

According to him, The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business winners are.......

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2011, 04:01:27 PM »
:jumpy: This is great news to hear, Will! Thanks for sharing!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
YAY!! Gary and Mallory are WIN!!! YAHOOO!!  :hearts:  :yess: :jumpy: Thanks for sharing!!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
I don't think you should take that as a confirmation,seeing as it's a prediction.However,I do think they have been getting the winners edit lol.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2011, 10:36:15 PM »
I've learned to never attempt to predict who makes the finals ever again, but I'm sticking with my instincts about Zev & Justin winning, despite speculation about episode 11. 

I thought the show telegraphed their victory from a mile away, particularly the first three episodes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2011, 01:29:48 AM »
Murtz Jaffer just tweeted his prediction of who wins TAR18. He has NEVER been wrong with his predictions of all seasons of TAR and Survivor and was only wrong once with The Apprentice (Annie vs Joan)

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)

:future
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tobertz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Yellow Team!
« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2011, 01:38:13 AM »

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

And I want to be your apprentice Murtz! =) It's time for a parent-child team to win!  :hearts:
I wanna rip a TAR clue envelope someday, =)

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2011, 01:40:34 AM »

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)

i take that as a yes.  LOL

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »
i hope his prediction is wrong

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2011, 01:48:42 AM »
moving all predictions to the Finale Speculation thread.

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

i take that as a yes.  LOL

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's AND Eddie's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2011, 02:03:07 AM »
The only thing that seems odd to me is that there's been no mention at any pit stop of being the first child-parent team to win...last season they frequently reminded viewers that no f/f team had ever won, which made it all the more exciting and significant when it eventually happened. However, mallory has had so many "deep thoughts underscored by emotional music" moments, but I still think there would have been at least ONE reference to the historic nature of a father/daughter team win...that's the only reason I'm still not yet convinced.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2011, 02:09:08 AM »
once kent and vyxsin got the can, i decided that i would be ok with any of the 4 teams winning since kent was the only one i couldnt stand this season.

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2011, 02:13:00 AM »
they have mentioned SEVERAL times that gary is by far the oldest racer left.