Author Topic: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion  (Read 144930 times)

Offline Michel

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
I agree with the speculated Final Three being G\M, Z\J, and K\V, but we have nothing to support this yet.
They're the three most focused-on teams, yes, but that doesn't mean they're in the F3.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »
The finale title is    "This Is Where It Ends" (Brazil and Florida)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:35:05 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »
An ominous title! Are they calling both episodes that? :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
This was in the Media thread below.

On page 71 of the May 6th issue of Entertainment Weekly

SEASON FINALE

8-10pm

The Amazing Race

CBS HD

This season, 11 teams who lost their first Race returned...and mostly made the same old mistakes. Father-daughter duo Ron and Christina still couldn't communicate with each other; the ginger-haired cheerleaders still couldn't communicate with cabbies. We don't know which four teams will make it to tonight's two-hour finale, but we're betting on witty best friends Zev and Justin for the win. (just hold on to your passports this time, guys!)

-Darren Franich 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2011, 06:00:46 AM »
Turns out we need to make a correction.

When we saw ALL but 2 teams arriving in Miami and coming out thru the same gate door...we made the assumption that they had all just arrived on the same plane from Sao Paulo.

Turns out that was not the case.....

The elimiinated teams were brought to Miami ahead of time and were just brought to the airport and put into position that morning.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:27:26 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2011, 07:07:29 AM »

When we saw ALL but 2 teams arriving in Miami and coming out thru the same gate...we made the assumption that they had all just arrived on the same plane from Sao Paulo.

The elimiinated teams were brought to Miami ahead of time and were just brought to the airport and put into position that morning.

So the final 3 (and most likely the eliminated 4th person) all arrived in the flight, while the elimination station teams just met up at the airport?
Do we know if Gary/Mallory and Zev/Justin were there now?

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
The finale title is    "This Is Where It Ends" (Brazil and Florida)

That's one cool finale title, much more exciting than last season's "Hi, I'm Sorry, I'm in a Race"
Bring on the 21!

jiajia12

« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »

When we saw ALL but 2 teams arriving in Miami and coming out thru the same gate...we made the assumption that they had all just arrived on the same plane from Sao Paulo.

look like we were right about.the poster and certain individuals dont want to spoil us and keep us guessing. :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:18 AM »

So the final 3 (and most likely the eliminated 4th person) all arrived in the flight, while the elimination station teams just met up at the airport?
Do we know if Gary/Mallory and Zev/Justin were there now?

Previous indications were that the Elimination Station teams went to Brazil to meet up with the remaining eliminated teams and the F3. It was more logical that they would get sent to Miami and that appears to be the case. I hypothesize that this happens:

1. All 5 or 6 Elimination Station teams go as directly as possible from Thailand to Miami.
2. The remaining eliminated teams may go ahead of the F3 teams or may arrive with them (I would do the latter for maximum decoy effect) from Brazil.
3. The F3 go on the same non-stop flight from Brazil as is usually the case.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »

So is there anyway to determine which is which in those photos we have? And the fact that FT/BE were seen in Brazil means that they are in the final four?
I don't see any reason for them to be in Brazil unless they were now that we know that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:17:57 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »
Well Luke pretty much said that the ES teams didnt go to Rio/SP in one of his elimination interviews.........so I figured something different was afoot. Thanks for the new info Peach!!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »

So is there anyway to determine which is which in those photos we have? And the fact that FT/BE were seen in Brazil means that they are in the final four?
I don't see any reason for them to be in Brazil unless they were now that we know that.

They could have been decoys.  Jet & Cord and the fifth place team will be travelling as decoys in Brazil.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
They could have been decoys.  Jet & Cord and the fifth place team will be travelling as decoys in Brazil.

Belle Book

or not........... :o
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
Found this on twitter of what I already posted the other day

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2011, 05:04:25 PM »

When we saw ALL but 2 teams arriving in Miami and coming out thru the same gate...

With all due respect........that scenario is impossible.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »

When we saw ALL but 2 teams arriving in Miami and coming out thru the same gate door...

fixed

And remember...not SEEN does not mean NOT there.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2011, 09:04:45 PM »
The Entertainment Weekly 'watch it this week' section doesn't automatically contain spoilers. I can think of at least one time in the past where they've ended talking about a team in that blurb that had actually been eliminated in the previous episode.

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Have anybody noticed that the teams who were on the F3 in their last season (Ron&Christina-S12, Jamie&Cara/Margie&Luke-S14, Jet&Cord-S16) were eliminated earlier in this season.... While the other teams, who were not on the F3 and were eliminated earlier or later by some stupid reasons in their last season (Kent&Vysxin-S12, Kisha&Jen-S14, Zev&Justin/Trotters-S15, Gary&Mallory-S17) are going to be on the F3 soon in this season?  :duno:
LOL the world is upside-down  :lol3:
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2011, 11:44:12 PM »
Have anybody noticed that the teams who were on the F3 in their last season (Ron&Christina-S12, Jamie&Cara/Margie&Luke-S14, Jet&Cord-S16) were eliminated earlier in this season.... While the other teams, who were not on the F3 and were eliminated earlier or later by some stupid reasons in their last season (Kent&Vysxin-S12, Kisha&Jen-S14, Zev&Justin/Trotters-S15, Gary&Mallory-S17) are going to be on the F3 soon in this season?  :duno:
That was almost the same trend in All-Stars: teams that placed 5th-11th placed worse than their previous season, 4th place was the same, and the F3 all finished better.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:06 AM »
That was almost the same trend in All-Stars: teams that placed 5th-11th placed worse than their previous season, 4th place was the same, and the F3 all finished better.

what's strange is that even though we've had 2 "all-stars" season, no single TEAM in the history of the race has made it to the final 3 and the finish line twice

Eric doesn't count because Danielle wasn't his original partner
Bring on the 21!

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2011, 01:44:21 AM »

Wow, and even funnier is the fact that if Jen/Kisha or FT/BE is eliminated next, and then the other one is eliminated after that, the pattern will have repeated exactly, because J/K and FT/BE both got 4th in their season, so if one of them is 5th, they will be worse, the next one is 4th, they would be the same, and then the F3 would have all done better!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2011, 01:55:06 AM »
Clearly, based on performance wise, Zev and Justin should be in the final 3.

Based on overall performance, it does seems like Zev and Justin, Flight Time and Big Easy and Kisha and Jen will become our final 3. With Gary and Mallory in fourth (they DO look like a typical fourth place team, very popular and likable but just missing it) and Goths in FIFTH.

But based on edit, i gotta say our Final 3 should be Zev and Justin (the strong team), Gary and Mallory (the underdogs) and Kent and Vyxsin (the hopelessly lost underdogs).. Kisha and Jen and FT and BE... either they're real boring, we didn't really see much of them this season. Not many team interviews especially from Kisha and Jen.

But i'm hoping for a 5th place for FT and BE, 4th for Zev and Justin and F3 of 3 underdogs teams... that'll be fun to watch. :lol3:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2011, 02:01:39 AM »
But i'm hoping for a 5th place for FT and BE, 4th for Zev and Justin and F3 of 3 underdogs teams... that'll be fun to watch. :lol3:

That would be my favourite F3 as well. And I agree with you Kisha and jen are almost non existent, we rarely see them at any length at tasks ans they have the fewer interviews 

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2011, 04:48:46 AM »

That would be my favourite F3 as well. And I agree with you Kisha and jen are almost non existent, we rarely see them at any length at tasks ans they have the fewer interviews 

Ditto, except I'd rather Z/J leave first :P

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2011, 04:56:45 AM »

Ditto, except I'd rather Z/J leave first :P

This is nothing personal but Zev has to do at least 1 to 2 more Roadblocks if the Roadblock count for this season is 6. (Do we know if it's 7?) Remember how Zev screwed up the Zodiac Roadblock in China? I don't know if it's fair to say this but whenever Zev's doing the Roadblock i'm pretty worried for the team if it's a tough RB.

Same for Mallory as well.. not saying that she's the slower one in the team, but she needs to do at least 1 to 2 more and it could be detrimental if it's a physical RB and Gary can't do it anymore.

But this is obviously not a problem for Vyxsin though.. she's like the man in the team. Vyxsin <3 :lol: :lol3: