Author Topic: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion  (Read 145001 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »
If I remember right, Chad & Stephanie left their bags with a cab driver and had to go back and get them before checking in.

Yes, in the second Russia leg following the gorodki task.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline sofiaj.10

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
actually chad and stephanie had to go back to pay the taxi driver, not to get their bags.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
actually chad and stephanie had to go back to pay the taxi driver, not to get their bags.

I believe they had to pay their driver and get their bags.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:47:29 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »

The issue was paying their driver; Phil mentioned nothing about their bags since they had the fanny pack. As seen in TAR 16 (Seychelles) and unseen in TAR 7's finale, WRP doesn't care about your belongings, only the ability to get to the next destination (passport) and the ability to settle a bill (paying drivers, etc).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »

The issue was paying their driver; Phil mentioned nothing about their bags since they had the fanny pack. As seen in TAR 16 (Seychelles) and unseen in TAR 7's finale, WRP doesn't care about your belongings, only the ability to get to the next destination (passport) and the ability to settle a bill (paying drivers, etc).

I forgot about that Zack...thus, teams without bags in the Miami airport could be racing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »
The point was they had to go PAY their cabbie... the bags didn't matter.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »
I dont understand why the whole bags thing is such a big issue. All the teams were on the same flight, some had photos taken some didnt, some had bags some didnt. Werent Kisha/Jen the only ones without bags? and werent they the only team that didnt seem like they were racing? They have bad attitudes and I'm sure they were mad that they lost so they probably didnt give a crap about carrying heavy bags around.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »
We are not 100% sure all teams were on the same flight to Miami... it certainly seems the most likely scenarion but 2 teams unseen means it cannot be absolutely confirmed right now.

The K/J "seemed like they were not racing" comment comes from the train to Zurich sighting....not from Miami, so can't be applied in this context.

I personally think bags vs no bags means nothing at this point of the race...but that's just me!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »
We are not 100% sure all teams were on the same flight to Miami... it certainly seems the most likely scenario but 2 teams unseen means it cannot be absolutely confirmed right now.

The K/J "seemed like they were not racing" comment comes from the train to Zurich sighting....not from Miami, so can't be applied in this context.

I personally think bags vs no bags means nothing at this point of the race...but that's just me!

:ythat:

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »
I agree that the bags vs no bags means nothing....

The more interesting thing in question is that if there werent 2 teams on the flight which of the 2 out of Zev/Justin, Margie/Luke and Gary/Mallory werent on the flight.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
I think dumping your bags is still allowed. Steve and Allie did it in Season 16? Rules might have changed since then, but that we do not know of because no similar such incidences occurred again.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2011, 12:47:49 AM »
Jaime & Cara checked in their bags for the flight to their Final Destination City and just left the airport without them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »
Jaime & Cara checked in their bags for the flight to their Final Destination City and just left the airport without them.

What season are you talking about? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2011, 01:35:48 AM »

What season are you talking about? ???

Season 14. They just dumped their bags and left them in the Hawaii Airport.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2011, 01:46:18 AM »
Back to season 18.... :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
In this instance, in Miami, the airline does not collect/hold unclaimed checked baggage.......Customs does. Now, if they cleared customs with their baggage and just dumped it on the floor.....probably end up in someone's trunk or in lost and found.

These days unattended luggage in or near an airport, even in a trash can, is grounds for calling the bomb squad.  Heck, in my area, they blew up a large stuffed toy horse found in a neighborhood, just because it appeared "suspicious".   It was one of those large, motorized walking stuffed horses, the x-ray was inconclusive, so they blew it up, just in case.....

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »

This is true......but you can't compare TAR 14 with TAR18...it is apples and oranges. TAR14 Final 3 cleard US Immigration and Customs at the Honolulu airport, then connected to Maui on another flight. In this case, the airline would hold any unclaimed bags from the baggage carosel in Maui. In TAR18, the Final3 cleared US Immigration and Customs in Miami. If TAR18 team(s) checked baggage in Sao Paulo, it would be held in the Customs Hall. Again, I dont know if you could exit the Customs Hall without your checked baggage. If a team was going to abandon their stuff, I would think they would do it in Sao Paulo, before they got to the airport. In several TARs we have seen teams get rid of stuff before heading home.

In TAR5, Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole packed their stuff in boxes and checked it from Calgary, Canada to Dallas, Texas. How did they get away with this? Well I believe they cleared US Immigration and Customs at the Calgary Airport. Maybe some of the Canadian members can confirm this. At the time, Canada and US had different agreements about this. I am not sure if this is still possible now.

I have always wondered if teams showed up at the sequestor hotel before the race with just the backpacks. This didn't really seem feasible. So then, I wondered what WRP did with their leftover luggage. It was not till TAR13 when Bill and Mark showed up at Elimination Station and went to their room and, low and behold , there was their rolling luggage on their beds. So production takes possession of their extra luggage and returns it to them after they are elminated. I still dont know if production just sends all teams extra luggage to the elimination station or if they haul it along the race course and then gives it to the teams to take to elimination station. IF elmination station teams didnt want to mess with backpacks, then they could have packed all that stuff in their luggage and let production transport it to their after Finish Line hotel. We saw teams in TAR16 arriving in SF and none collected any luggage and none that I remember had any backpacks either. They were transported to Candlestick Park to the finish line. Production must have collected their at some point and tranported it to their hotel.
Matthew 7:15

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2011, 07:44:59 AM »
I have a feeling that another female team will win ....
My prediction of final three teams:Kisha and Jen ,Marge and Luke and Gary and Mallory..
 :waves: :waves:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »

This is true......but you can't compare TAR 14 with TAR18...it is apples and oranges. TAR14 Final 3 cleard US Immigration and Customs at the Honolulu airport, then connected to Maui on another flight. In this case, the airline would hold any unclaimed bags from the baggage carosel in Maui. In TAR18, the Final3 cleared US Immigration and Customs in Miami. If TAR18 team(s) checked baggage in Sao Paulo, it would be held in the Customs Hall. Again, I dont know if you could exit the Customs Hall without your checked baggage. If a team was going to abandon their stuff, I would think they would do it in Sao Paulo, before they got to the airport. In several TARs we have seen teams get rid of stuff before heading home.

In TAR5, Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole packed their stuff in boxes and checked it from Calgary, Canada to Dallas, Texas. How did they get away with this? Well I believe they cleared US Immigration and Customs at the Calgary Airport. Maybe some of the Canadian members can confirm this. At the time, Canada and US had different agreements about this. I am not sure if this is still possible now.

I have always wondered if teams showed up at the sequestor hotel before the race with just the backpacks. This didn't really seem feasible. So then, I wondered what WRP did with their leftover luggage. It was not till TAR13 when Bill and Mark showed up at Elimination Station and went to their room and, low and behold , there was their rolling luggage on their beds. So production takes possession of their extra luggage and returns it to them after they are elminated. I still dont know if production just sends all teams extra luggage to the elimination station or if they haul it along the race course and then gives it to the teams to take to elimination station. IF elmination station teams didnt want to mess with backpacks, then they could have packed all that stuff in their luggage and let production transport it to their after Finish Line hotel. We saw teams in TAR16 arriving in SF and none collected any luggage and none that I remember had any backpacks either. They were transported to Candlestick Park to the finish line. Production must have collected their at some point and tranported it to their hotel.

Dr. Rox,
I agree with you that Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole probably cleared U.S. customs in Calgary along with Chip/Kim. However, that is only a small part of the sad story that was the bizarre finale of AR5. Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole wanted to switch from their American Airlines reservations for Denver to DFW to United (where Chip/Kim had obtained scarce reservations to night before by arriving much later to Calgary airport as a result of their poor performance on the tasks), but I strongly believe that the American Airlines customer service rep who encouraged them to check their luggage through cost them a shot at winning AR5.  U.S. airport regulations in effect then (and probably still today) prevented them from going on any flight except with the checked luggage (which was the slightly later American flight) and gave Chip/Kim the crucial lead of over 10 minutes into DFW that ultimately was about their victory margin.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »

Dr. Rox,
I agree with you that Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole probably cleared U.S. customs in Calgary along with Chip/Kim. However, that is only a small part of the sad story that was the bizarre finale of AR5. Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole wanted to switch from their American Airlines reservations for Denver to DFW to United (where Chip/Kim had obtained scarce reservations to night before by arriving much later to Calgary airport as a result of their poor performance on the tasks), but I strongly believe that the American Airlines customer service rep who encouraged them to check their luggage through cost them a shot at winning AR5.  U.S. airport regulations in effect then (and probably still today) prevented them from going on any flight except with the checked luggage (which was the slightly later American flight) and gave Chip/Kim the crucial lead of over 10 minutes into DFW that ultimately was about their victory margin.

Yes apskip, one of many sad stories in the "Naked City" of the Amazing Race. One not to dissimiliar with the TAR6 ending, with Jon and Kriss being sabotaged by an AA agent in Honolulu. Here is an intersting thing about Colin/Christie. He no longer tags any of the few pictures of her on his FB page, when everyone else is tagged. On her facebook page, she is living in another city far far away from Corpus Christi and using her maiden name. Hmmmmm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2011, 03:58:06 PM »
   CBS announced today the finale dates for the 2010-11 season.  Details for the episodes will be announced shortly.  (All times are ET/PT.)

SUNDAY, MAY 8
8:00-10:00 PM    "The Amazing Race" (two hours)

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/bundles
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »
   CBS announced today the finale dates for the 2010-11 season.  Details for the episodes will be announced shortly.  (All times are ET/PT.)

SUNDAY, MAY 8

i hope it never ends.....just start to like this season...

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »

SUNDAY, MAY 8

i hope it never ends.....just start to like this season...

I would love for it to keep going too, but it will come to an end one day. I mean, I can still remember Season 14's starting line and now we're almost mid-way through Season 18!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »
I still remember season 1's starting line....  :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
+1            :neener: :neener: