TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion

<< < (3/56) > >>

Prophet:
So our speculated final three is this:
Gary and Mallory
Zev and Justin
Margie and Luke

Prophet:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on December 17, 2010, 07:50:48 AM ---So here is the broad outline of what we know now:

The first stop after the Miami airport was the marine stadium marina location, there only about 15-20minutes.

SPEC is that this was a route info clue only.

They then continued south to Key Largo, which was the site of the next task: a RoadBlock.

Following that, they proceded south through the Keys to Big Pine Key for the next task.

walkingpneumonia's blog find re the Seven Mile Bridge closure would then follow nicely from there.

--- End quote ---

From Virginia Key teams could go back to the mainland and get on US1 which would take them thru Coral Gables and Homestead and down to Key Largo. Not sure if a taxi would take them all the way there though. We know taxis take them to the Marina but I would guess that they leave them there.
Otherwise there is the option of boats like schnauzers said or planes/helicopters. Right near the Marina there is a place called Miami Seaplanes.

FYI the 7 mile bridge takes you from Marathon to Big Pine Key as you are headed south. And there is nothing much on Big Pine, this description is rather humorous: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Pine_Key#Shopping.2C_Dining_and_Commerce

DavidJunior:
I believe this is more likely:

The 5 elimination station teams

Plus the final 3 and the 4th place finishers on this flight

other two decoys came in either earlier (i.e. the night before) or later (possible as long as they made it to the mat before the finalists)

that could be why we have:
Amanda and Kris
maybe Mel and Mike (not photo'd)
Jaime and Cara

and it looks like we're missing:
Gary and Mallory and Margie and Luke

which would mean:
Kisha/Jen (F4? - seen in Switzerland)
Jet/Cord (F4 or 7th - seen in India)
FT/BE (F4? - seen in Rio)
Ron/Christina (7th or F4 - seen in India?)
Zev/Justin (likely 8th - not seen after China) (not pictured- but speculated to be there)
Kynt/Vyxsin (7th or F4 - seen in India?)
are all either F4 or the 7th and 8th place finishers

florida:

--- Quote from: The Prophet on December 17, 2010, 01:37:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: georgiapeach on December 17, 2010, 07:50:48 AM ---So here is the broad outline of what we know now:

The first stop after the Miami airport was the marine stadium marina location, there only about 15-20minutes.

SPEC is that this was a route info clue only.

They then continued south to Key Largo, which was the site of the next task: a RoadBlock.

Following that, they proceded south through the Keys to Big Pine Key for the next task.

walkingpneumonia's blog find re the Seven Mile Bridge closure would then follow nicely from there.

--- End quote ---

From Virginia Key teams could go back to the mainland and get on US1 which would take them thru Coral Gables and Homestead and down to Key Largo. Not sure if a taxi would take them all the way there though. We know taxis take them to the Marina but I would guess that they leave them there.
Otherwise there is the option of boats like schnauzers said or planes/helicopters. Right near the Marina there is a place called Miami Seaplanes.

FYI the 7 mile bridge takes you from Marathon to Big Pine Key as you are headed south. And there is nothing much on Big Pine, this description is rather humorous: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Pine_Key#Shopping.2C_Dining_and_Commerce

--- End quote ---

They did use taxis, as about two minutes after I got to the Marina, one left with a production vehicle behind it. I tailed it through the expressways of Miami (I-95 to Dolphin Expressway to Palmetto Expwy to Don Shula Expwy to the Turnpike down to US 1). Using US 1 as a straight-shot down to Key Largo through the South Miami/Kendall/Homestead would bleed way to much time.

Prophet:

--- Quote from: florida on December 17, 2010, 02:28:03 PM ---They did use taxis, as about two minutes after I got to the Marina, one left with a production vehicle behind it. I tailed it through the expressways of Miami (I-95 to Dolphin Expressway to Palmetto Expwy to Don Shula Expwy to the Turnpike down to US 1). Using US 1 as a straight-shot down to Key Largo through the South Miami/Kendall/Homestead would bleed way to much time.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification. I am surprised that they took taxis that far, did you follow them all the way to Big Pine?

Could you see what team was in it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version