Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 5: PRE-Race Speculation & News**SPOILERS**  (Read 140220 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
The Amazing Race Asia 5: PRE-Race Speculation & News**SPOILERS**
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:04:01 AM »
Is there any news about the upcoming 5th season [and even 6th season] of TARA by next year?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:31:55 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 5: PRE-Race Speculation & News**SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »
A source said, they will open their application for TARA 5 in March 2011  :cmas22
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:02:23 PM by pramararama »
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
A source said, they will open their application for TARA 5 in March 2011  :cmas22

:xmas146

Offline bangkok

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »
News about upcoming TARA5 application this year

LAOAG CITY, Oct. 20 (PIA) — Get ready for season 5 of the reality game show The Amazing Race Asia as it goes to Ilocos Norte.

The municipalities of Burgos, Bangui and Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte will be the show’s trail for season 5 which will be aired in next year’s episode.

The US-based reality show chose the seven great wonders Ilocos Norte for the utilization of the shows’ venue.
The Amazing Race Asia 5

The Amazing Race Asia Season 5 goes to Ilocos Norte
These spots include the Kaangrian falls, Avis falls, The Cape Bojedour which is thehighest light house in Asia, the famous Kapurpurawan rock formation all from Burgos, the Patapat bridge, the beaches of Pagudpud, and the first windmills in Asia located in Bangui.

Mayor Chrisente Garcia of Burgos said, “the team of the show were mesmerized with the tourist spots in our place and decided to shoot the episodes of the show here, upon the initiative of our provincial governor.”

“This is good because this will also be part of promoting tourism in our place,” he added.

The seven stop-overs in the place compliment the component and the game orientation of the show.

Basically, the structure of the race is for the teams to travel to different locations by following the route information, perform some various tasks, and checking in at the Pit Stop.

Teams normally complete all the tasks and check in at the Pit Stop before they are eliminated. Occasionally, on an elimination leg, if all other teams have checked in and the last team is very far behind, Route Markers may instruct them to go directly to the Pit Stop without completing the rest of the leg.

Milagros Gonzales, Chief of Department of Tourism Field office in Ilocos Norte, together with the mayor of Burgos, is currently having their field inspection to places where the show will commence.

The participants for the competition will be arriving this December to start the race. (ANL/CJD-PIA 1 Ilocos Norte)

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:13:01 AM »
Yay! A hope for me in The Amazing Race in 7 years!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
News about upcoming TARA5 application this year

LAOAG CITY, Oct. 20 (PIA) — Get ready for season 5 of the reality game show The Amazing Race Asia as it goes to Ilocos Norte.

The municipalities of Burgos, Bangui and Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte will be the show’s trail for season 5 which will be aired in next year’s episode.

The US-based reality show chose the seven great wonders Ilocos Norte for the utilization of the shows’ venue.
The Amazing Race Asia 5

The Amazing Race Asia Season 5 goes to Ilocos Norte
These spots include the Kaangrian falls, Avis falls, The Cape Bojedour which is thehighest light house in Asia, the famous Kapurpurawan rock formation all from Burgos, the Patapat bridge, the beaches of Pagudpud, and the first windmills in Asia located in Bangui.

Mayor Chrisente Garcia of Burgos said, “the team of the show were mesmerized with the tourist spots in our place and decided to shoot the episodes of the show here, upon the initiative of our provincial governor.”

“This is good because this will also be part of promoting tourism in our place,” he added.

The seven stop-overs in the place compliment the component and the game orientation of the show.

Basically, the structure of the race is for the teams to travel to different locations by following the route information, perform some various tasks, and checking in at the Pit Stop.

Teams normally complete all the tasks and check in at the Pit Stop before they are eliminated. Occasionally, on an elimination leg, if all other teams have checked in and the last team is very far behind, Route Markers may instruct them to go directly to the Pit Stop without completing the rest of the leg.

Milagros Gonzales, Chief of Department of Tourism Field office in Ilocos Norte, together with the mayor of Burgos, is currently having their field inspection to places where the show will commence.

The participants for the competition will be arriving this December to start the race. (ANL/CJD-PIA 1 Ilocos Norte)

i got a feeling it might be tar au 2 as tara5 has had no audistions yet
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:37:00 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »
:welcome: to RFF, Bangkok!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline franz_manu

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • amazing race airport factotum :p
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »
On your mark,

READY!

GET SET!

GO!!!!  :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

so happy to know something about TARA again!

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 07:42:51 AM »
On your mark,

READY!

GET SET!

GO!!!!  :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

so happy to know something about TARA again!

We think that the info about the Philippines above might actually have been talking about TAR Australia 2 instead of TARA 5, as they are run by the same production company.. I'm not sure anything about TARA 5 has actually been announce yet :(

Offline franz_manu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 08:20:40 AM »
might be true might be not...  :)

somebody kind ...tell me about each season's kick off :)

ill be waiting

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »
There is no TARA 5 so far. No applications, no auditions, no publicity.

There IS TARaus 2 which is running now, and TAR 20 on the way.

Sorry franz.  :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline franz_manu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 09:04:36 AM »

we will see on monday :) what tar or what season or whatsoever haha

i cant wait on monday.

i hope our boss is not kidding on us.

but definitely, somebody someone is exiting manila on monday . still dunno who  :duno: lol
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:08:05 AM by franz_manu »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »

we will see on monday :) what tar or what season or whatsoever haha

i cant wait on monday.

i hope our boss is not kidding on us.

but definitely, somebody someone is exiting manila on monday . still dunno who  :duno: lol

You should join us in the TAR Australia board! It's definitely referring to Amazing Race Australia, who begun their season yesterday.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »
and with TAR Aus is filming right now, the earliest we can expect of TARA 5 is next year.. Fingers crossed that they will produce TARA 5.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 12:57:23 AM »
what's really a shame here is that TARA had so much potential (see the first and second season), but I felt it was held back by AXN, Michael Mckay is talented (see the Amazing Race Australia) but he was not able to fully realize his potential in the asian version because of all the annoying product placement tasks that make the show almost unbearable and downright annoying (the cheesy host doesn't help either). If only AXN gave them more budget.

At the moment, it seems McKay is investing a lot into the australian version and for me, that's a sign that if (I stress "if) there is a TARA5, it could be much worse than TARA3 and TARA4 (just the idea of that being possible is downright scary). I don't keep my hopes up.

Fellow AR addicts, if you ever want to join the show, I suggest moving to America or Australia to be on their version (even the Chinese version's pretty solid). Because being on the asian version allows you to say "I was on the Amazing Race", but it'll be more like "I was in a huge commercial for Sony and Caltex!", it wouldn't be worth it'

This is all strictly in my opinion, but TARA is like a child with the whole world in front of it (literally) but as it matures, it decided to instead stay at home and watch a bunch of commercials. It's going (TARA1), going (TARA2), gone... (TARA3 and 4)
Bring on the 21!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »
I agree with you, but it's worth noting McKay's also putting a lot of effort into TAR Israel, and that's been nothing short of dreadful both times.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 07:37:54 AM »
I agree with you, but it's worth noting McKay's also putting a lot of effort into TAR Israel, and that's been nothing short of dreadful both times.

really? while it is extremely gimmicky, and the contestants are mostly a pain, I don't think it is as bad as TARA. don't get me wrong, it's still bad, but I never thought McKay was putting effort into it.

Then again, maybe he is and is just being held back by poor budget and the meddling of whatever channel it's on. It's the same thing with TARA

It's clear TARAus has a much better budge and more attention to making it a good and worthwile foreign edition to TAR.

Seriously, I hate Sony and Caltex and don't plan on buying any of their products anymore after having their products constantly shoved down our throats.
Bring on the 21!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
kevin:

I disagree with you on several points:

1. support of the product placement sponsors of any Amazing Race worldwide is important if you want Amazing Races to continue to get the advertising revenue that is crucial for them to exist. The only one I feel was totally absurd was
the FORD FOCUS and Caltex car wash product placement in ARA1 with a visit to Singapore for that sole purpose.
2. I do not think the Amazing Race Asia series is lousy. It's been mediocre instead.
3. I thought ARAus 1 was pretty interesting and shows how good Michael McKay can be when given the full opportunity.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 02:28:16 AM »
I enjoyed TARA 4 actually. It wasn't as bad as I thought the combination of teams would be. (Mostly mactors) It's just that the finale, was again, mediocre thanks to the uneven abilities of the teams and mainly, Claire and Michelle for screwing up their flight, otherwise it could have been an exciting ending.

TARA 3 was surprisingly good with the good combination of teams as well. Locations wise, it sucked. 13,000 miles for a race is just... :meow:

The only version which I didn't really enjoy watching was TARA 2, which HAD the BEST locations but the WORST combination of teams. The combination of 2 alpha-male teams owning the race, with 3 strong all-female teams taking the middle placements and 5 lousy teams forever taking the back-pack really ruined the race for me.

The best part of The Amazing Race is to watch teams rise from the back of the pack to the front or fall behind with a lead, along with good tasks which includes the culture and tradition of a place. TARA 2 lacked one big factor of it which leads to predictability, that one will know either Adrian and Collin or Marc and Rovilson will win.

Nothing beats TARA 1 still. The tasks may not have been the best, locations may not be the most exciting. With a mid-place stop in Singapore to wash a car at Caltax. But the unpredictability of it (with little spoilers) and Joe Jer and Zabrina as well as Sandy and Francesca coming from a NEL and finally going into the final leg, with the presence of a villian team (Andy and Laura).. that was probably more than one can ask for in a season of TAR. :tup:

Offline Ney

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
Speaking of Season 2, it looked like the two Alpha male teams were playing a friendly game from start to finish, along the lines of lets see who can get to the pitstop the fastest LOL, which bugged me as there was no real tension there, they needed to place more yields/uturns on this race to encourage either of the two teams to use on each other and create friction.

Instead it was like

Team A: Yay first
Team B: Yay Second
*Both teams high five*
Team B: I'll beat you next time LOL!

Anyway god what is going on with this show? Why can't they just announce Season 5 or cancel? saves the hassle of waiting a near endless wait for renewal whilst the production crew does TAR Aus etc in the mean time.

I think we'd all love to know either way, is this show dead or coming back? Do they even care enough to tell us? Allan wouldn't know he's just the host and likely when he knows/is allowed to tell he'd tell people, it sounds like he's waiting for news too.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
With the China Rush 3 is being introduced and its production is underway.. Does this means that TARA-5 will possibly not continue in 2012..
(as we consider Allan Wu still hosting CR-3)  :cmas11
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »
I am HAPPY with ANY version of TARA as long as it still goes on EVEN if it sucked. I generally enjoyed TARA 1,3 and 4!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
I am HAPPY with ANY version of TARA as long as it still goes on EVEN if it sucked. I generally enjoyed TARA 1,3 and 4!

What happen with TARA 2?  :cmaslol is it included in the above sucked category?  :cmas19
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
Let's take this back to TARA 5 please? You are welcome to go back to any of the other threads and discuss the seasons...
RFF's Golden Rule: