The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Asia

The Amazing Race Asia 5: PRE-Race Speculation & News**SPOILERS**

<< < (4/40) > >>

kevin2012:
what's really a shame here is that TARA had so much potential (see the first and second season), but I felt it was held back by AXN, Michael Mckay is talented (see the Amazing Race Australia) but he was not able to fully realize his potential in the asian version because of all the annoying product placement tasks that make the show almost unbearable and downright annoying (the cheesy host doesn't help either). If only AXN gave them more budget.

At the moment, it seems McKay is investing a lot into the australian version and for me, that's a sign that if (I stress "if) there is a TARA5, it could be much worse than TARA3 and TARA4 (just the idea of that being possible is downright scary). I don't keep my hopes up.

Fellow AR addicts, if you ever want to join the show, I suggest moving to America or Australia to be on their version (even the Chinese version's pretty solid). Because being on the asian version allows you to say "I was on the Amazing Race", but it'll be more like "I was in a huge commercial for Sony and Caltex!", it wouldn't be worth it'

This is all strictly in my opinion, but TARA is like a child with the whole world in front of it (literally) but as it matures, it decided to instead stay at home and watch a bunch of commercials. It's going (TARA1), going (TARA2), gone... (TARA3 and 4)

tarflyonthewall:
I agree with you, but it's worth noting McKay's also putting a lot of effort into TAR Israel, and that's been nothing short of dreadful both times.

kevin2012:

--- Quote from: tarflyonthewall on November 21, 2011, 06:14:28 PM ---I agree with you, but it's worth noting McKay's also putting a lot of effort into TAR Israel, and that's been nothing short of dreadful both times.

--- End quote ---

really? while it is extremely gimmicky, and the contestants are mostly a pain, I don't think it is as bad as TARA. don't get me wrong, it's still bad, but I never thought McKay was putting effort into it.

Then again, maybe he is and is just being held back by poor budget and the meddling of whatever channel it's on. It's the same thing with TARA

It's clear TARAus has a much better budge and more attention to making it a good and worthwile foreign edition to TAR.

Seriously, I hate Sony and Caltex and don't plan on buying any of their products anymore after having their products constantly shoved down our throats.

apskip:
kevin:

I disagree with you on several points:

1. support of the product placement sponsors of any Amazing Race worldwide is important if you want Amazing Races to continue to get the advertising revenue that is crucial for them to exist. The only one I feel was totally absurd was
the FORD FOCUS and Caltex car wash product placement in ARA1 with a visit to Singapore for that sole purpose.
2. I do not think the Amazing Race Asia series is lousy. It's been mediocre instead.
3. I thought ARAus 1 was pretty interesting and shows how good Michael McKay can be when given the full opportunity.

Jobby:
I enjoyed TARA 4 actually. It wasn't as bad as I thought the combination of teams would be. (Mostly mactors) It's just that the finale, was again, mediocre thanks to the uneven abilities of the teams and mainly, Claire and Michelle for screwing up their flight, otherwise it could have been an exciting ending.

TARA 3 was surprisingly good with the good combination of teams as well. Locations wise, it sucked. 13,000 miles for a race is just... :meow:

The only version which I didn't really enjoy watching was TARA 2, which HAD the BEST locations but the WORST combination of teams. The combination of 2 alpha-male teams owning the race, with 3 strong all-female teams taking the middle placements and 5 lousy teams forever taking the back-pack really ruined the race for me.

The best part of The Amazing Race is to watch teams rise from the back of the pack to the front or fall behind with a lead, along with good tasks which includes the culture and tradition of a place. TARA 2 lacked one big factor of it which leads to predictability, that one will know either Adrian and Collin or Marc and Rovilson will win.

Nothing beats TARA 1 still. The tasks may not have been the best, locations may not be the most exciting. With a mid-place stop in Singapore to wash a car at Caltax. But the unpredictability of it (with little spoilers) and Joe Jer and Zabrina as well as Sandy and Francesca coming from a NEL and finally going into the final leg, with the presence of a villian team (Andy and Laura).. that was probably more than one can ask for in a season of TAR. :tup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version