Author Topic: EP 12 East Coast FINALE updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 125632 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 12 East Coast FINALE updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
Oh and by the way TAR this is the way to show a classy ending.  

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
There it is: "Unfinished Business"!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »
Feb 20th in High def.  

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »
I love Mallory! So glad to see her talk!

Unfinished Business.. is lame!

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
February 20th...
I can't wait tht much DD:

Past TAR-season fans,
how patient are u in waiting for next season? XD
I declare this my first and best.
Micheal and Kevin *A*
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
Shut up Mallory...

Why? do you hate here lol?
God know I really like her and Gary.  I just was thinking when I typed it that boy shouldn't we hear the winners talking, instead of people who didn't finish.  But then we got more little pieces and we did get to Nat & Kat.  I would have said shut up to any team not in the finale three who was talking.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
What else could they call it? Second Chance might have been better...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2010, 08:33:07 PM »
I'm still busking in SHOCKED & HAPPINESS right now! Best finale ending EVER! It beats all the exciting finishes or what!! :cmas26

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2010, 08:37:28 PM »
2 F/F Teams Finishing in 1st and 2nd? NICE!  :cmas51

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
I'm still busking in SHOCKED & HAPPINESS right now! Best finale ending EVER! It beats all the exciting finishes or what!! :cmas26
Really, seriously.  Now obviously you are pleased about the results (and I can certainly understand being jazzed for the team you want to win), but dramatically there wasn't much real drama as the race wasn't close.  

I think most seasons have had more dramatic endings (even when I really didn't like the team that won at all, and god knows thats happened a time or two), this very well might be the most boring finale for a cycle.

Offline em_dee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2010, 08:45:40 PM »
Hi guys. Does anybody know if it has been already uploaded in youtube? Can you please post the link? I wasn't able to watch the whole episode because patients kept pouring in and my god forsaken wireless broadband was a major fail (SUN = hate). Thanks!

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »
This finale couldn't have been any better. (Well, it probably could, but I'm not complaining.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2010, 08:46:18 PM »
Really, seriously.  Now obviously you are pleased about the results (and I can certainly understand being jazzed for the team you want to win), but dramatically there wasn't much real drama as the race wasn't close.  

I think most seasons have had more dramatic endings (even when I really didn't like the team that won at all, and god knows thats happened a time or two), this very well might be the most boring finale for a cycle.

Yep, i really think it's one hell of a boring finale. I'm not denying the fact that nobody even came close to Nat and Kat! :cmaslol

I still loved it anyway because of obvious reasons, but seriously.. the pitstop greeter final challenge was kind of creative!! :cmaslol

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2010, 08:47:26 PM »
But the final not withstanding, I really, really liked this season.  Teams that (with a few exceptions Hi Nick) treated their partners well, teams that treated (with a few smart ass comments from Rachel & Katie) the other teams as competition but not as enemies, and as far as I can recall all teams being nice to locals.

Some good casting (for the most part), some nice locations, and tasks (really the only task that I thought was lame was the boxing training roadblock).  Just a really pleasant season.  Thank you Production for the planning and casting, and think you teams for being cool.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »
What else could they call it? Second Chance might have been better...
I dont know if they showed this in the states, but they never showed the announcement about the next season in Canada.
Apprently its called The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business
Interesting that CTV in Canada didn't show the announcement about next season. Could it be that TAR is switching networks (hello Rogers! :cmas0) for TAR 18? Maybe then it would actually get some serious promotion...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline CSSVT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
Was rooting for B/C but was overall happy with the result. Also VERY pleased with the next season news. Normally I can't stand all star seasons but I'm happy to see all teams that didn't win...the way it should be if you ask me.

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of this season and feel like it's because I couldn't really connect with or get 100% behind a team or a few teams. Luckily I saw a lot of my previous favorites in the Unfinished Business preview and feel as if next season will be great provided that the right locations are picked.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »

Couldn't agree more. Haven't seen a combination of GREAT teams and an EXCITING finale since 7. Maybe 9 if you liked the teams.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »
Question:  Is this the first memory challenge the race as had at the end where you were aloud to bring your notes with you?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
Omg, Nat & Kat won!  OMG, NAT & KAT WON!  MY FAVORITE TEAM WON!   YIIPPPEEEE!!!!!

:cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51   :cmas51

Okay, so the editors weren't so great at creating drama near the very end -- I didn't think Brook & Claire were as close to Nat & Kat at the end as they tried to make it look.  But I don't care!  MY FAVORITE TEAM WON!  And I'm celebrating!

Belle Book, one overjoyed Nat & Kat fan

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »
Question:  Is this the first memory challenge the race as had at the end where you were aloud to bring your notes with you?
I think the only final memory challenge where teams couldn't use their notes was S12 but that's because they were told they couldn't use paper and pen to solve the riddle.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »
Belle Book, one overjoyed Nat & Kat fan

Make it TWO! :cmas26

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »

It might not have been ur favorite but at least u can still compliment on
it, i feel like ur bashing on it, just be happy an F/F won, it might not be
the BEST finale but it is a finale and it's NOT boring -__-
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
Very disappointed that Brooke and Claire missed out on the title... but my disappointment was subdued by the class/grace they handled the loss. A truly fantastic team.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2010, 09:13:31 PM »
Very disappointed that Brooke and Claire missed out on the title... but my disappointment was subdued by the class/grace they handled the loss. A truly fantastic team.

I absolutely agree. While I was rooting and very very ecstatic for Nat and Kat, I thought Brooke and Claire handled their loss very well and gracefully. They weren't my favourite team, but that made me like them 10x more.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »
Question:  Is this the first memory challenge the race as had at the end where you were aloud to bring your notes with you?
I think the only final memory challenge where teams couldn't use their notes was S12 but that's because they were told they couldn't use paper and pen to solve the riddle.
Seriously don't remember.  SO I checked.

Last year yes they use Jordan's notebook which has it written down (and it was one of the easier ones!)

Season 15 doesn't have a memory task.
Season 14 None of them have any papers with them so I would say not allowed, or they are all stupid.
Season 13  Besides that specific clue packet, no other documents are shown, I so I would guess no.
Season 12  Clearly no (and boy that one was a bastard).
Season 11  No notes used, though why they would write that sort of thing down???
Season 10:  No Memory task
Season 9:  No team checks passport (which would have country order or any notes) so I would say not allowed The first tough memory task on the race.
Season 8:  No documents are maps are used by either racer so I would guess a big no, on that one.
Season 3:  Animal Totem I don't see any paper work with teams besides the clue and the extra info that was printed on a plaque.  Of course this might have been the first one so teams may not have made notes.