Author Topic: 2 million is a burden?  (Read 2920 times)

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
2 million is a burden?
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:17 AM »
After watched tonight's episode in Netherlands, I really wonder if this leg is originally a NEL (since it makes more sense to be a NEL).
Do you guys agree that win the first leg and get a chance to double the million a good thing?
It seems like every team will target on you, and then when your team out of luck, the product team will try so hard to eliminate you (so they dont have to pay double money).
Therefore, the 2 million team will most likely have a shorter journey. :'(
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 2 million is a burden?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 04:15:49 AM »
It seems like every team will target on you, and then when your team out of luck, the product team will try so hard to eliminate you (so they dont have to pay double money).
Therefore, the 2 million team will most likely have a shorter journey. :'(

I think it's a poor motivation to get someone out of the game, but we all knew it was coming after they won the 1st leg. There are upsides to the twist but there are unfortunately downsides. What's wrong with $1 million? They obviously wanted to hype it up

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:51:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was planned as an elimination leg.
1. 2x U-Turn and Fast Forward both in one leg
2. We have had a Final 4 NEL since Season 17, it was due.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »
It's not. But the way Ryan and Abbie played the game was what caused their downfall. Then again, they just didn't get on the right side of the twins, which triggered major hate among all other teams. In real life, when there's one common enemy to take targets off yourselves... you normally join in the forces of "bullying" and go with the flow... so that no one recognizes you and you can fly under the radar. Of course, the other teams are not friendly with Ryan and Abbie as well. If you ask Nadiya/Natalie to U-TURN the Chips, they probably won't as well.

You see this a lot in Survivor as well.