Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

A small plea to TAR-spotters around the world

(1/6) > >>

Carter:
I have some thoughts I need to get off my chest, because it's been bugging me since the Sydney leg spoilers this season.

To all the rff detectives, you do an amazing "job" reasearching tweets and sightings across the globe. This is not directed to you, but mostly to people who try to spot the teams in their home country. Detectives urge people to trace the racers, and that's fine, BUT...

From what I have seen and read from the Sydney leg, I saw some creepy stalking videos from fans who got stopped by guards and producers when they got too close for comfort. I can understand that many are curious and want to get info, but please understand that the stress-factor is high, and for me personally I find it rude and disrespecting when some get to much "in-your-face" that guards find the need to stop the fans and tell them to back off.

I was pretty gobsmacked when almost the entire first leg was spoiled right in front of our eyes, and I now feel that I've seen the entire first episode of TAR18. What's the point of watching it on tv now that I pretty much know most of what happened?

Maybe I'm exaggerating abit, but this is my feeling atm. Personally I find it much more exciting when detectives lose them for a little while and they suddenly pop up somwhere else. That is exciting, and it relies on our wits and detective work to try to connect the dots.

I have no problem with spoilers myself, the problem for me is when everything gets spoiled and people get out of their way to spot the teams and they get too close. It's called stalking, and that's not a good thing imo.

I just hope that the public out there who spot them stay enough out of their way to let them do their thing, because after all they are doing a tv-show and want to entertain the fans by producing this series we all love. Sorry if this feels like I'm whining. I don't. I just needed to get this off my chest, because I felt that people in Sydney got so excited to see the teams that they unwittingly disrespected the producers of the show by being too close for comfort. I hope that's not the case, and I hope that every spotter knows how to draw the line somewhere in respect for the teams.

Carry on investigation and  :ty for the exciting detective work.

TexasLady:
You make some interesting points about filming and/or stalking the racers but I suspect this has been a problem for quite awhile, not just this race and the producers and crew have ways to deal with it.

--- Quote ---I was pretty gobsmacked when almost the entire first leg was spoiled right in front of our eyes, and I now feel that I've seen the entire first episode of TAR18. What's the point of watching it on tv now that I pretty much know most of what happened?
--- End quote ---

More than once, the RFF detectives have been on top of the start of a race but viewing the photos and watching it unfold on our television sets is still exciting, at least for me. I think it boils down to whether someone wants to know as much as possible, (me) or nothing until the race starts and they watch it unfold on their television.

I do understand your concerns though.

Cocoa:
You are a WRP/CBS person, right? :lol: Joke

I understand what you mean as well, but it's all part of their job: to avoid the brilliant minds of the RFF people. I'm hoping for less spoilers also, but I agree what TL said: it's exciting to see all these actions unfold one by one in your television set and say "ooh! That's the one Coutzy captured!" or "that's what RFF exactly has seen!".

Don't worry, there is always that part of the race where they will be harder to spot, so guaranteed that the entire season won't be spoiled down to the bones. :lol:

The best remedy I can think of this is to proceed with caution when entering the spoiler-land of TAR18. :tup:

The Queen V:
better be bugged than be left alone.

editing is still different than just doing a live coverage of whats happening.

also, i think you got what you wanted, with absolutely no information as to where they are right now.

Prophet:
In order 2 get any spoilers, one must assert themselves a bit. I think that if the racers have agreed to go on the show they know it will be widely followed. It's going to be show internationally on TV after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version