Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179517 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
Okay, this is sort of a bitch and moan.

But i thought they should be focused on costs savings for the race now that TAR is being filmed in HD?

How come they're going to Japan this early.. for 2 times in 3 seasons?

And this is our fourth (I think) visit to Japan already?? I thought we only had Philippines visited once before.. how come they pass right by Philippines entirely?! :duno:

I'm not sure if the Phillipines is a very condusive environment. What does 1 do there?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
What about Jordan & Caite (I think they became good friends by the end of last season)

Jordan of Jordan\Jeff or Jordan of Dan\Jordan?
dan/jordan

But i thought they should be focused on costs savings for the race now that TAR is being filmed in HD?

And this is our fourth (I think) visit to Japan already?? I thought we only had Philippines visited once before.. how come they pass right by Philippines entirely?! :duno:

Because it has beautiful scenery and it's more probable that they find people trained to use HD equipment?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

You realise that they haven't touched Indonesia even after 17 seasons (come to think of it, I've not even heard of any [US] team in history that had a layover in their airports...), despite having every season passing Asia (definitely; it's a TAR staple with at least 3 legs), and 10 out of 17 seasons (no-visits in 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17) visiting at least 1 country within Southeast Asia.

I'm even surprised that Singapore (my country of residence) was visited twice; never thought it would EVER be visited again after Season 3...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »

You realise that they haven't touched Indonesia even after 17 seasons (come to think of it, I've not even heard of any [US] team in history that had a layover in their airports...), despite having every season passing Asia (definitely; it's a TAR staple with at least 3 legs), and 10 out of 17 seasons (no-visits in 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17) visiting at least 1 country within Southeast Asia.

I'm even surprised that Singapore (my country of residence) was visited twice; never thought it would EVER be visited again after Season 3...

The problem is, one never knows when a natural disaster will hit Indonesia.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:07:06 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »
Or anywhere. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »
I think the show's reluctance to go to Indonesia is security based more than natural disaster based. No one really knows, though. And that's odd considering that TARA apparently has used locales in Indonesia several times.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »
What about Jordan & Caite (I think they became good friends by the end of last season)

Jordan of Jordan\Jeff or Jordan of Dan\Jordan?
dan/jordan

Because it has beautiful scenery and it's more probable that they find people trained to use HD equipment?

Hmm, then this season will just be a season where TAR will just visit places which are beautiful so that the people can be "trained to use HD equipment"? No India, Africa or any other less developed countries? I know Japan is a good location.. but passing through another country which they only visited once is kind of saddening. And of course, Indonesia.. i wonder when they'll finally visit that country.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2010, 05:00:58 PM »
I think the show's reluctance to go to Indonesia is security based more than natural disaster based. No one really knows, though. And that's odd considering that TARA apparently has used locales in Indonesia several times.

That's true, and doesn't really help with the confusion.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »

Colombia has been visited by TARLA before and it hasn't been touched by TAR. Conclusion: there are different security standards for different versions of TAR.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

Colombia has been visited by TARLA before and it hasn't been touched by TAR. Conclusion: there are different security standards for different versions of TAR.

Yup! I hope they visit Venezuela soon too!  :colors

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2010, 06:45:44 PM »

Yup! I hope they visit Venezuela soon too!  :colors

I imagine that these 2 South American countries mentioned r quite dangrous.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »
1 of the main things I want to complain about regarding TAR 18 is the fact that Azaria and Hendekea from TAR 12 were not even invited. They were a strong team who needed a 2nd chance b\c they were eliminated as a result of a bad flight.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
1 of the main things I want to complain about regarding TAR 18 is the fact that Azaria and Hendekea from TAR 12 were not even invited. They were a strong team who needed a 2nd chance b\c they were eliminated as a result of a bad flight.

That happens to a lot of teams that end up getting eliminated. To be fair, not as drastic, but it happens. I can't blaim the producers for not inviting back Azaria & Hendekea. They were strong but not a team I think stands out from the other characters of that season. We all have our favorites though.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »

That happens to a lot of teams that end up getting eliminated. To be fair, not as drastic, but it happens. I can't blaim the producers for not inviting back Azaria & Hendekea. They were strong but not a team I think stands out from the other characters of that season. We all have our favorites though.

It is true that the extremely smart brother and sister did not have an appealing storyline. They were just a good team and were not painted as anything more b\c they did not last long enough to count. They definitely don't have enough of a following to return.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
I'm not certain that not going to the Philippines has to do with HD equipment.

TARA4 went there, and I'm not 100% sure because I only watch it on youtube, but I believe that TARA4 was the second version of the franchise to film in HD.  (TAR China Rush was the first.)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2010, 08:34:34 AM »

TARA4 went there, and I'm not 100% sure because I only watch it on youtube, but I believe that TARA4 was the second version of the franchise to film in HD.  (TAR China Rush was the first.)

Amen.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2010, 11:36:02 AM »
The main thing I want to complain about right now is the fact that the Japanese citizens have allowed the Racers to race right under their noses.

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »
I don't have much to complain about, but I have to say I am a bit annoyed with Jaime and Cara's inclusion. Yes, I understand they probably wanted a strong F/F team, but Jaime is just painful to watch.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:05:36 PM by allie303 »

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »

your statement confused me.  :lol:

philippines? why not? i mean, i'm pretty much sure we'll get a pretty spoiled leg.

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2010, 06:14:23 PM »
I'm not sure if the Phillipines is a very condusive environment. What does 1 do there?

if i can recall, the philippines episodes were the two of the most exciting legs in season 5.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »
Can I bitch and moan not only to TAR18 but to some RFF posters as well who are blatantly posting razzmatazzes so that post count increases? :groan: :res: :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline libertybell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
Hello everyone!  :waves:
I'm new to RFF, but I've been watching you guys for a little while. I've been watching the Race for even longer! TAR 18 looks exciting!!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2010, 06:43:33 PM »
Hello everyone!  :waves:
I'm new to RFF, but I've been watching you guys for a little while. I've been watching the Race for even longer! TAR 18 looks exciting!!!

:welcome2: 2 RFF!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »
Can I bitch and moan not only to TAR18 but to some RFF posters as well who are blatantly posting razzmatazzes so that post count increases? :groan: :res: :lol:

How else do u get 4000 posts?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »

How else do u get 4000 posts?

Lots of members here play in the game threads and aquire high post counts.......other members just spam every post in the information threads without adding any information.
Matthew 7:15