Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179503 times)

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
My worst  B O R I N G scenario has come true.  I realize that there are thousands of team fans out there who just love some of these teams on 18, but  to me, not one team listed stands out in my mind as noteworthy.  None of these  TAR 18 teams showed that powerful drive to win in their previous season and I truly hope that the second time around hasn't left them as jaded as the teams from the first all star season.  I'll give it a chance and watch the first few episodes, but I hope I am not disappointed like I was in the first go round of all stars.  The show suffers when they show a half-butt season.  That's my bitch and moan.  Enough said.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2010, 08:46:33 PM »
GUYS STOP BITCH THIS TEAM COME I LIKE ALL TEAM I THINK THEY DO GOOD ALL STAR EDTOIN

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »
I think they have either
A) Totally lost touch with what people want/like on the show
B) Made this a comedy bit that they will all surprise us with the real cast later. This was just a ****ty decoy cast to screw with the detectives! I doubt it, but thats what I wish for!

And for those Amazing Race/CBS Producers reading this (And you are reading this, don't kid yourself), no disrespect, but let me ****ing pick the teams next time!! lol

Rob

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What HE said.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
GUYS STOP BITCH THIS TEAM COME I LIKE ALL TEAM I THINK THEY DO GOOD ALL STAR EDTOIN

Did you by any chance read the TITLE of this thread?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »

Did you by any chance read the TITLE of this thread?

did i think when you see this season you going to love it show it yet you guys moaned the team and bitch you dont if they change yet

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
Rob, what you said.

One reason why I did not get involved in the speculation on casting was because I was sure Lynne Spillman and company would follow whatever it is they follow in casting. It often has not made sense to me, and it still doesn't.

At least to me none of these teams are objectionable, and I do like some of them enough that I'm glad to see them back. It is entirely possible that teams from some of these six seasons weren't available for a second run, and that could explain some of the heavy representation of TAR 14 in this cast.  But not Toni and Dallas?  Given the role production actually played in the events that led up to their elimination in Moscow, a second chance for them would not have been too much to ask.
-- theschnauzers

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2010, 09:45:40 PM »
I only don't like the Cowboys... and maybe Kisha & Jen, coz I'm big Margie & Luke fan, but the rest looks okay to me.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
It does make me feel good to hear that some people are happy about this season, but sometimes its just good to vent!! haha :)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2010, 10:25:03 PM »
I'm pretty much OK with the teams, but...

DON'T FREAKING MAKE THE TEAMS DRESS UP AS KANGAROOS!

I want to slap whomever was responsible for this.

And only Jaime/Herbert/Nathaniel/Kris have decent handwriting. And why is everyone so selfish they can't even help their teammate write their name?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:29:23 PM by Neobie »

Offline Carter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
Posting in an epic thread for moaning purposes

My take on the confirmed teams this season:

Kynt and Vyxsin
They were a breath of fresh air during their season, so I can understand why they brought them back.
I don't relate to goths, so..meh. Guess it's an okay decision.

Ron and Christina
Good dynamic team, some potential drama can happen.
Their development as a father/daughter were interesting on their original run.

Amanda and Kris
Umm...who? I honestly don't remember this couple very well, too anonymous. Perhaps they can improve this time around, we might be surprised.

Jaime and Cara
 :yess: I wanted them to win S14, it's fitting that they get another chance.

Kisha and Jen
I had no problem with these women, they were extremely competitive.
The only reason some has a grudge issue is because of the shoving incident.
For me they were an exciting team

Margie and Luke
The whiny guy and his bionic mother :lol3:
Sorry, but I couldn't stand Luke's whining everytime something didn't go his way.
I would rather have Mark & Michael instead, I loved them.

Mel and Mike
Yeah okay, they were a surprisingly hard working team, so understandable again.

Flight Time & Big Easy
The bullies of Season 15 as I like to call them. True, they were funny, but they were also too strong and athletic
and for the most parts steamrolled through physical tasks.

Zev and Justin
Heartbreaking when they lost their passports, but... meh.. Not very memorable for me.

Jet and Cord
:yess: :yess: :yess: Loved them, I hope they win this time.

Gary and Mallory
If not Jet & Cord wins, I want G/M to win. Mallory is so sweet, so go Team Mallory.

Maybe the producers did a poor job of casting because they assumed we were too preoccupied with the
"filmed in High Definition" announcement. Maybe they thought we wouldn't care much, as long as it was in HD.

Friggin' HD, folks! It fixes everything. Now suck on that. :werock:

Well, I hope it will be an okay season, all this talk about S18 has me almost lost interest in the rest of S17 heh

DavidJunior

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 12:46:47 AM »
the thing is with teams like Zev and Justin and Amanda and Kris is they were eliminated too early to really get a memorable edit.

the editors tend to lean towards more screentime for the teams that make it further (naturally...)

so, a team that got eliminated on leg 4, is obviously not going to get as dynamic an edit as a team that made it to leg 10.

so yeah, they were forgetable on their original seasons, but that's because we needed to, so we could focus on the teams still in it.

it's not fair to be upset at a team for the editors not using them as much

i feel, had they gone even a little bit farther, you all would be singing a different tune

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2010, 06:06:44 AM »
I'm pretty much OK with the teams, but...

DON'T FREAKING MAKE THE TEAMS DRESS UP AS KANGAROOS!

I want to slap whomever was responsible for this.

And only Jaime/Herbert/Nathaniel/Kris have decent handwriting. And why is everyone so selfish they can't even help their teammate write their name?

AMEN TO THAT. I hope that's a WRONG spoiler. :groan: Remember the COW suit in TAR 13? :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2010, 06:46:02 AM »
My opinions of the teams:

Kynt and Vyxsin
Not a fan, not a supporter. But extremely glad they're back. They deserved to be back on. Very memorable and kinda popular amongst the fans. Definitely a worthy team.

Ronald and Christina
Guys, the reason why TAR 12 was even bearable throughout the entire season was because of this time. They started as the underdogs, fought with one another, then learnt from their mistakes and worked together to overcome the race together and beat competitive teams like Nate and Jen, Kynt and Vyxsin and Azaria and Hendekea!! How could anyone not say they're not allstars worthy? My favourite team of the lot and am damn glad they're back!!

Margie and Luke
They're like Ron and Chris V2.0!! TAR 14 wouldn't be half as exciting/interesting had it not been for this team. Although people might find them evil, extremely competitive.. but guys, aren't you glad that this team is not your regular parent and child team? They may not be my all-time favourite team, but i respect the way they raced with integrity and i'll definitely still root for them to win. Allstars won't be the same without them! (unless this time round they're eliminated early.. hopefully not)

Amanda and Kris
Amanda and Kris gotta let go of their grudge against Margie and Luke. Had it not been for Margie and Luke, you sure know that they won't even make it on this race. They were half as exciting as Kris and Jon and no doubt they're really a nice and competitive team.. you just gotta admit that they're really not in the league of all-stars. They coming back just seemed like teams like Michael and Kathy (TAR3), Dennis and Ericka (TAR5) and other random dating couples returning to have another go on the race. Nice team? Definitely. Allstars? No way. Maybe if they made it far enough this season, they will be considered Allstars... I have nothing against them, but i won't be rooting for them, for now too. But i'll let the race go and decide whether to root for them after watching the season.

Jaime and Cara
Memorable? Check. Competitive? Check. Controversial? Check. There you go, definitely qualified all-stars. I'm not a fan of them but you gotta admit they're really popular on TAR 14 and has a huge fan base. Besides, if Kisha and Jen are back, they gotta be back too!

Kisha and Jen
I'm surprised that these two are back. Because if teams like bowling moms are not even included in the first allstars, how come they got to get another go? Yes, they're competitive. But i remember them being totally clueless and muddleheaded at the same time. If all goes wrong, they might just waste an allstars team spot and make it seems like the producers are really retarded to choose them to be on the show. No doubt i kinda like this team, but the fact that they're missed out of allstars or not will not be a big concern to many..

Mel and Mike
I'm a fan of Mel and Mike and was heartbroken when they're eliminated. But this team has the same issue with Kisha and Jen. Nobody will have any issues with this team being missed out if they're not on allstars, but at the same time.. this team is not generating much buzz and commotion among the fans even if they're on allstars. I'm happy that they're on. But frankly speaking, i'll rather have teams i hate who're more memorable such as Carol and Brandy.. not because i'm weird.. but because at least Carol and Brandy can have people start talking about the race. People will bitch about the choice by producers and how they dislike them blah blah blah. Besides, Carol and Brandy are AT LEAST in the final 5 and VERY VERY memorable.

Zev and Justin
Not memorable and absolutely not worthy of allstars. Nice team? Maybe. Because i haven't seen enough of them to have an impression of the team. I spoke about the next season being allstars with my friend and told them Zev and Justin are on. They're all like.. Zev and WHAT? And then went on to ask me if teams like Carol and Brandy or Tammy and Victor are on or not. You see, if producers wants people to watch allstars, they gotta choose people who're memorable!! That's my problem with the cast for allstars. In what way is Zev and Justin more memorable than all the other teams to deserve a spot on allstars? No doubt people love them or what, but seriously.. this is the team i'm most shocked to see making it.

Flight Time and Big Easy
I remember them as an obnoxious team and they're not really a fan favourite. Maybe i'm wrong and i'm biased. I'm not a fan of them and are not happy they're back. But at least they're memorable you see. I have no qualms with them making it on the next season, because they're a much better selection than teams like Amanda and Kris and Zev and Justin. (I like the latter more, i emphasize. I just don't think they should make it on the show. It seems unfair to the teams in the first 10 seasons who have to fight among 100+ teams for 11 spots in the first allstars, as compared to this season)

Jet and Cord
Extremely nice, totally competitive. Very memorable. Funny at times. Raced with their own style. Another team whom i deemed fit to be on allstars. They may be an alpha all male team but don't forget, they've got their bad times as well. I can't wait to see how well they race this time round competing against SOME of the competitive teams we have on the race.

Gary and Mallory
The same problem with Kisha and Jen and Mel and Mike. Memorable? Mildly. Nice team? Definitely. I'm a fan of them and are extremely happy they're back. But if they're missed out i'll feel maybe abit sad or what, but not extremely devastated by the fact that they're ripped of their spot on allstars had they not make the selection cut. But i'll be rooting for them definitely. I think at least they fulfill the position of the underdogs! (David and Mary)

11 Teams i'll pick to be on Allstars (each season to be fairly represented with at least one team) -
1. Kynt and Vyxsin (TAR 12)
2. Ronald and Christina (TAR 12)
3. Ken and Tina (TAR 13)
4. Margie and Luke (TAR 14)
5. Cara and Jaime (TAR 14)
6. Kisha and Jen (TAR 14) For the Margie and Luke VS Kisha and Jen storyline!
7. Brian and Ericka (TAR 15)
8. Jet and Cord (TAR 16)
9. Carol and Brandy (TAR 16) I know.. i know, but you need to have your regular villians!
10. Nat and Kat (TAR 17)
11. Brooke and Claire (TAR 17) Brooke is pregnant, to be replaced by..
11. Gary and Mallory (So that i'll have a balanced race with all teams equally represented from each season)

At least i believe they got 7/11 teams right.. FOR ME. And since i really didn't mind Mel and Mike, i like 8 of the teams on the race. And as for FT and BE, they're acceptable as an Allstars team i guess... so that makes 9 teams who're sort of acceptable..

Just still in shock that Zev and Justin and Amanda and Kris are on. Especially with 5 TAR 14 teams, Amanda and Kris should have been replaced by ANYONE on TAR 13 from the final 6. Yes, even Kelly and Kristy! As for Zev and Justin.. i thought asking back Brian and Ericka or Maria and Tiffany from their own season would have made more sense.

I think for an allstars, every season MUST have a representation. Sigh, looks like TAR 13 really has been left out.

But what the hell, it's an allstars and i like 8 of the teams. So i shall give this one a chance... there, i end my rant! :lol3:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2010, 06:52:10 AM »
My favorite hoped for sceen from TAR 18.........

Seeing Margie/Luke's and Jamie/Cara's big pics on the W-turn sign with Amanda/Kris's and Kisha/Jenn's little pic and Mel/Mike standing there going...........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2010, 06:57:01 AM »
Ronald and Christina
Guys, the reason why TAR 12 was even bearable throughout the entire season was because of this time. They started as the underdogs, fought with one another, then learnt from their mistakes and worked together to overcome the race together and beat competitive teams like Nate and Jen, Kynt and Vyxsin and Azaria and Hendekea!! How could anyone not say they're not allstars worthy? My favourite team of the lot and am damn glad they're back!!

Am I gonna have to get out my hernia mixtape again? :knuckles:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 06:59:11 AM »
My favorite hoped for sceen from TAR 18.........

Seeing Margie/Luke's and Jamie/Cara's big pics on the W-turn sign with Amanda/Kris's and Kisha/Jenn's little pic and Mel/Mike standing there going...........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That could really be an epic moment!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »
Ronald and Christina

I think it's a matter of to each it's own. I hated Charla and Mirna and Dustin and Kandice but were damn glad they're back. At least they deserved to be on an allstars. Same with Ron and Christina, for your opinion, you hated them so you're not glad they're back. But at least them better than some of the :groan: teams you don't even know why they're on the race.

Same with Kynt and Vyxsin, i really don't fancy them.. but am damn glad they're on. Even if their race on the first time round was a flop, especially on the leg they came in last and got eliminated.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2010, 07:09:48 AM »
Ronald and Christina

I think it's a matter of to each it's own. I hated Charla and Mirna and Dustin and Kandice but were damn glad they're back. At least they deserved to be on an allstars. Same with Ron and Christina, for your opinion, you hated them so you're not glad they're back. But at least them better than some of the :groan: teams you don't even know why they're on the race.

Same with Kynt and Vyxsin, i really don't fancy them.. but am damn glad they're on. Even if their race on the first time round was a flop, especially on the leg they came in last and got eliminated.

I found Ronald and Christina insufferable, but we all know that already. I found them incredibly underwhelming, and I believe the only reason they made it as far as they did was one incredibly well timed donkey related task. And since when was it ok for anybody to tell their daughter that she needs to lose some weight?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2010, 07:31:16 AM »
Ronald and Christina

I found Ronald and Christina insufferable, but we all know that already. I found them incredibly underwhelming, and I believe the only reason they made it as far as they did was one incredibly well timed donkey related task. And since when was it ok for anybody to tell their daughter that she needs to lose some weight?

:lol: I loved them and are damn glad they're on! And alot of parents i know will tell their children to lose weight? I think it's the different culture? :hearts:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »
Ronald and Christina

:lol: I loved them and are damn glad they're on! And alot of parents i know will tell their children to lose weight? I think it's the different culture? :hearts:

The way I was brought up, telling a girl to lose a few kilograms is tantamount to a death sentence.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2010, 07:49:36 AM »
 :lol: Being slim and fit is kind of a big deal for the Asian Chinese community i believe... we have slimming ads plastered all over the newspaper and TV ads on our primetime TV encouraging people who're overweight to go for treatment and lose some weight.

Anyway, at least the goths are back! :hearts:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
uhm, this is the bitch thread? Why are you describing them? :groan:

I have only one bitchy comment: Where the heck are Carol and Brandy? Oh, maybe they are at the finish line already (ready to strike).  :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2010, 09:25:32 AM »
uhm, this is the bitch thread? Why are you describing them? :groan:

I have only one bitchy comment: Where the heck are Carol and Brandy? Oh, maybe they are at the finish line already (ready to strike).  :lol:

I don't know why prophet is commenting back on my post because i was moaning and bitching about the chosen teams selection. :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:11 AM »
Since Peach doesn't want the Tweet thread cluttered, I'll ask this here:
Quote from: chellyau
I thought they would be running around like lonnies!
What's a lonny? Does it imply running:
  • fast (like a jackrabbit)
  • frenetic and disorganized (like a chicken with its head cut off)
Plugging the term into a Strine dictionary didn't work.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »

I don't know why prophet is commenting back on my post because i was moaning and bitching about the chosen teams selection. :lol:

Two words.....Post count......Post count.......Post count..........oops........thats 6 words