Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179512 times)

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #400 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:10 AM »
Just reading BVM's reason why no teams from seasons 1-10 were included and why so many from season 14, are as lame as why the show took so long to be in HD.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
No. And there won't be either. :lol:

But if you must, you can moan here.

I don't mean to speak for Joab, but *1* new country for *1* task?  (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »
Exactly.. i saw the route and was like.. TAR used to be 1 new country/location for one episode. Now we're getting 2 India, 2 Australia and 2 China this season?

That's like half the season and only 3 countries? And it doesn't help that India and China has been so overly, heavily used for the past 392428409848 seasons.

Not forgetting that the last episode is in the USA. And i remembered it used to be such a big thing for TAR to visit new locations and they'll keep the route a secret.. now they don't even care and seemed to be focusing more on team dynamics.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
I think the emphasis this time around was having the sort of backdrops that would shine in HD. Second, for some of the countries used, there are so many distinct regions or areas than the fact the Race has been to some areas or regions of China, or India, doesn't mean there usn't a lot of new things to see. Compare the Races that have been to Beijing, Shanghai, Bangkok, Mumbai, Rio; and even Southern California (which is probably the only area that may have been mined to death).

There's also the consideration of safety in filming, some countries aren't as prudent to film in right now as they may have been a decade ago and that also influences destinations.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: February 14, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »
Exactly.. i saw the route and was like.. TAR used to be 1 new country/location for one episode. Now we're getting 2 India, 2 Australia and 2 China this season?

That's like half the season and only 3 countries? And it doesn't help that India and China has been so overly, heavily used for the past 392428409848 seasons.

Not forgetting that the last episode is in the USA. And i remembered it used to be such a big thing for TAR to visit new locations and they'll keep the route a secret.. now they don't even care and seemed to be focusing more on team dynamics.

Joab,
For not the first time I will express a starkly different attitude than you. Yes, AR18 is revisiting Australia, India and China. Here is the land area of those countries:

China       3.72 MM sq.miles
Australia  2.97 MM sq.miles
India         1.27 MM sq.miles

Russia is the world's largest country in area, Canada is a surprising (to me) second, China 3rd, US 4th, Brazil 5th, Australia 6th, India 7th. I personally have been on a huge arc through China by rail, most of India by rail and just a small 300 mile stretch of the northeastern Queensland Coast by bus. The list of interesting sights that have not yet been visited by any Amazing Race in those countries are astounding. Here are a few examples with the largest population:

China - Guangzhou, Shenzen, Tianjin, Chongqing, Dongguan, Nianjing, Wuhan (note all of these are larger than all U.S. metro areas except New York, Los Angeles and Chicago)
India - Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad
Australia - Hobart, Adelaide (airport transfer point in AR2 does not count), Alice Springs, Uluru, Melbourne, Canberra

Plus there are many smaller cities that provide reasons for amazing Races to visit. Having the Amazing Race visit those countries instead of a new country is perfectly OK with me. The fact that AR18 only adds Liechtenstein to the list of countries visited by amazing Races is not at all a disappointment to me as long as the places that are visited are interesting.

I expect AR18 visits to Broken Hill, Ljjiang, Varanasi, and Zermatt to be very interesting. Of that group, I have only been to Varanasi and Zermatt but can assure all AR18 viewers that both are fascinating places. So, I suggest that the country list may now be an obsolete yardstick by which to measure the variety of Amazing Race routes. You should look beyond the country list and examine the details ow where a race actually goes.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #405 on: February 14, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
While it does seem like TAR visits India, China, and Australia a lot, there are diverse locations in these areas as apskip stated. TAR18 did choose some off-the-beaten-path locations in these countries. At least it seems that way to me.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: February 14, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »
I sooo agree with you Apskip. New countries = doesn't matter. New locations = bravo.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #407 on: February 14, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
Just reading BVM's reason why no teams from seasons 1-10 were included and why so many from season 14, are as lame as why the show took so long to be in HD.

I know right...  :wtf: (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #408 on: February 14, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »

Joab,
For not the first time I will express a starkly different attitude than you. Yes, AR18 is revisiting Australia, India and China. Here is the land area of those countries:

China       3.72 MM sq.miles
Australia  2.97 MM sq.miles
India         1.27 MM sq.miles

Russia is the world's largest country in area, Canada is a surprising (to me) second, China 3rd, US 4th, Brazil 5th, Australia 6th, India 7th. I personally have been on a huge arc through China by rail, most of India by rail and just a small 300 mile stretch of the northeastern Queensland Coast by bus. The list of interesting sights that have not yet been visited by any Amazing Race in those countries are astounding. Here are a few examples with the largest population:

China - Guangzhou, Shenzen, Tianjin, Chongqing, Dongguan, Nianjing, Wuhan (note all of these are larger than all U.S. metro areas except New York, Los Angeles and Chicago)
India - Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad
Australia - Hobart, Adelaide (airport transfer point in AR2 does not count), Alice Springs, Uluru, Melbourne, Canberra

Plus there are many smaller cities that provide reasons for amazing Races to visit. Having the Amazing Race visit those countries instead of a new country is perfectly OK with me. The fact that AR18 only adds Liechtenstein to the list of countries visited by amazing Races is not at all a disappointment to me as long as the places that are visited are interesting.

I expect AR18 visits to Broken Hill, Ljjiang, Varanasi, and Zermatt to be very interesting. Of that group, I have only been to Varanasi and Zermatt but can assure all AR18 viewers that both are fascinating places. So, I suggest that the country list may now be an obsolete yardstick by which to measure the variety of Amazing Race routes. You should look beyond the country list and examine the details ow where a race actually goes.

I do know that China and India are one of the world's biggest countries in terms of land mass and that it is inevitable the race keeps visiting them because of the many unexplored locations by WRP.

I'm happy that they're no longer visiting the main capitals/cities of India/China.. but i do want to see more other countries being explored, like Cambodia/Taiwan (please don't start a discussion about whether Taiwan is considered a country or not) and The Philippines. They've only been there once!

New locations are good as long as they're not being re-used by the race over and over again. But i'm just saddened by the fact that it's always China (because of the language barrier = GOOD TV) and India (because of the people, the culture shock = GOOD TV). There are other countries and locations that will bring about language barrier and cultural shock as well.. if you know what i'm talking about.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #409 on: February 14, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
I'd love new countries too...but that is a finite list due to politics, safety, etc.

New LOCATIONS on the other hand are infinite for our purposes!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »
just finished ep1.

I hate those teams in ep1 who helped each other. esp Kent & Vyxsin, Flight time and Big easy.

It's so not fair. the flags task. it is supposed to be a time consuming and 'use your brain' task. not 'use your mouth' !

It's ok to give each other a little bit help on the route or task info (that shows what friends do and genuine care) , but not telling the answer completely!

They are just using each other ! Don't fake to be friends when in the end you still need to race against each other.

I would like to see a clean and positive race! It's negative already ! I think its even ok sometimes to play dirty like Rob and Amber (although i find them disgusting!) . Work independently and get help from a third party using your personal charm and effort and even money!

I hope those teams in ep 1 will eventually hate and u-turn each other.

So far, my favorite season is 16. I guess lots of people hate that season because they think most of the teams are dumb.

it is the only season i see teams work independently (except the only time joe and heidi holding spots for the lesbians. )

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
How is teams helping each other negative?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
How is teams helping each other negative?

that's not helping, that's using.

help doesn't ask for return. when you are using each other, you think  'this guy owes me this time'.

that's what they all think about each other right now. eg, Zev and justin, Flight time and big easy.

using is negative!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »
It's not negative, it's a transaction. Give and then receive, at this point nobody's going to help each other for free.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #414 on: March 05, 2011, 03:29:25 AM »
I'm going to moan task-wise:

The producers should have saved (or repeated) the haybales switchback for *this* season
The story so far:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #415 on: March 05, 2011, 06:23:11 AM »
I'm going to moan task-wise:

The producers should have saved (or repeated) the haybales switchback for *this* season

Or the Japan sushi eating task? :lol:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #416 on: March 14, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
why do i feel season 18's editing is the worst so far?

lots of repetition, not as funny as it used to be

it seems like the crew got tired and didn't get enough scenes to play with

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:07 AM »
Really? Or are you angry that you don't get more Cowboys in the airtime? :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #418 on: March 14, 2011, 07:09:16 AM »
Really? Or are you angry that you don't get more Cowboys in the airtime? :lol:

no, it's not that

cowboys haven't won a stop so far in S18.

And they have been placed in the middle range....

Normally the strongest and the weakest get more airtime, that's understandable

but its just i see lots of pure repetition in S18. And no highlights so far.....

and you've reminded me that cowboys seem to get the least airtime, maybe its just their cameraman got lazy and didn't get enough stuff to show.

Offline malbee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2011, 03:29:08 AM »
why do i feel season 18's editing is the worst so far?

lots of repetition, not as funny as it used to be

it seems like the crew got tired and didn't get enough scenes to play with

I suprised to read your comment, cause for me this season is fun and funny... Big Easy and Flight time, Ron, Mallory.. is really light up the show...

The last episode in china, really make me laugh when watched it.. when big easy and flight time yelled out all the zodiacs cause they don't know which one is theirs, Ron with his Hungry mode all the time..

Maybe just the way you looked at it make you not feel excited... but I think overall with all the constestants.. it's a fun season :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #420 on: March 16, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »
I totally agree malbee!!

:bigwelcome to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #421 on: March 19, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »

I suprised to read your comment, cause for me this season is fun and funny... Big Easy and Flight time, Ron, Mallory.. is really light up the show...

The last episode in china, really make me laugh when watched it.. when big easy and flight time yelled out all the zodiacs cause they don't know which one is theirs, Ron with his Hungry mode all the time..

Maybe just the way you looked at it make you not feel excited... but I think overall with all the constestants.. it's a fun season :)

maybe its because i'm Chinese, I hear people say, i'm dog, i'm snake all the time...... :lol:
the main reason i think its less funny and excited could be all teams are strong.... they almost did all the tasks at the same time...that would make editing more diffucult....not enough drama for each team on their way to the tasks compared to previous seasons. I did enjoy 'ron & his hungry mode'.
But,for example, for Kent and Vyxsin's poor navigation episode, i just saw lots of repetition, the scenes are poorly edited.

Offline Dyrus

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
I am sorry but thise kind of comments and that kind of language are not welcome here. Check back if you can be...polite.

---peach
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:06:07 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2011, 11:57:43 PM »
I can't believe Jaime & Cara have been eliminated!!!!!!!!!!!  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)
But so glad they got rid of Mel & Mike early :wohoo: :hearts: :wohoo:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2011, 11:36:55 AM »