Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179525 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2010, 01:48:09 AM »
Brook and Claire were at the TWOP Tarcon party, and said that they had been both been planning on racing TAR 18, and had started to put their packs together when Claire found out she was pregnant. Brook was teasing Claire about "if her and her fiancee only waited two more months...".

That's very sad to hear... but honestly, the baby is a much bigger joy than racing on TAR 18! Honestly, there's always a chance that the producers will call them back again for a REAL, MEGA, Allstars. It took Survivor 20 seasons to have an awesome Heroes VS Villians too, right? :kisses

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: December 14, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »
Brook and Claire were at the TWOP Tarcon party, and said that they had been both been planning on racing TAR 18, and had started to put their packs together when Claire found out she was pregnant. Brook was teasing Claire about "if her and her fiancee only waited two more months...".

I'm actually shocked they invited Brook & Claire back for TAR18. They ran a great race and have nothing they need to prove. The only thing I can think of is being so close to claiming that first all-female winners title. But even so, I'd think production would have wanted to celebrate what Nat & Kat accomplished and not invite the team that could have stole it from them back. Of course, not much can be said for this season's chosen team either.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:02 AM »

I'm actually shocked they invited Brook & Claire back for TAR18. They ran a great race and have nothing they need to prove. The only thing I can think of is being so close to claiming that first all-female winners title. But even so, I'd think production would have wanted to celebrate what Nat & Kat accomplished and not invite the team that could have stole it from them back. Of course, not much can be said for this season's chosen team either.

Who said that they are back for TAR 18?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
Who said that they are back for TAR 18?

They were INVITED.  :cmas16

But of course, they had to decline due to Claire's pregnancy. (ala Colin & Christie, who interestingly placed 2nd in their Season as well.)  :cmas22
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:30:16 AM by AmazingRace »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

It would have been downright shameful to not invite this pair here, who's competitive, fun and absolutely crazy. If you asked me, Mel and Mike got nothing to prove as well.. same goes for Cara and Jaime. At least if Brooke and Claire came back, they can try to prove that even against the strongest all-stars they might win The Amazing Race. If the first time didn't work, the second time might work the charm.. but of course, they can't return. I'm just happy producers at least asked them. :cmas16

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #330 on: December 14, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »

It would have been downright shameful to not invite this pair here, who's competitive, fun and absolutely crazy. If you asked me, Mel and Mike got nothing to prove as well.. same goes for Cara and Jaime. At least if Brooke and Claire came back, they can try to prove that even against the strongest all-stars they might win The Amazing Race. If the first time didn't work, the second time might work the charm.. but of course, they can't return. I'm just happy producers at least asked them. :cmas16

I agree, I would much rather see B/C than Mel and Mike. I can see why they were asked and the producers are probably as dissapointed as the rest of us that they couldn't.
But let's face it, the whole Unfinished Business thing sounds nice but they are just trying to avoid calling it an All-Stars 2.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2010, 01:19:34 PM »

Forgot about Mel & Mike  :cmaslol Jamie & Cara I guess you could say because of their cabs, but that was all Jaime.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
I would think that the person that made that fake promo.......probably reads this forum.

k everyone. Ignore my link! Apparently I am easily duped (still a newbie!) It is fake. :(   :holdbreath: :holdbreath: :holdbreath:

Yeah but I agree it must be from someone here too b/c all the contestants line up!!

It is as the maker says...UNOFFICIAL.

Unofficial intro for The Amazing Race 18 - Unfinished Business

But it is still a great job!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »
very excited for Gary and Mallory!

wondering if brook will show up with the other partner she auditioned with?

too many TAR 14 folks... aside from their drama, I wonder if the producers just were turned down by too many of hte other seasons and somehow ended up with this skewed group.

ahh never mind. Looks like the full confirmed cast is on their promo already!: :cmas5 :cmas5 :cmas5 :cmas5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ojqlhIF4g
TAR new fan,

I am about to give you some advice that also applies to anyone else new to RFF.  I know that you have recanted the statement above. However, it is incumbent on all newbies to READ THE THREADS in their entirety for any Amazing Race subject that you wish to comment on, preferably when you first join or even earlier than that. If you had done that on this same thread, you would have discovered back on November 22 that the entire cast of AR18 was known based on observations made in the Sydney area. My recommendation for all newbies is general, that you should all read every thread for AR18 now (and keep up with them over time). 

Offline DaNutzki

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #334 on: December 19, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
Hope that these two are in the F3 and possibly win The Amazing Race 18:  Unfinished Business and i'm now rooting for a parent child team to win The Amazing Race after a successful All-Female Team Winner.

Good Luck, GALLORY!

Offline libertybell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #335 on: December 19, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
I would think that the person that made that fake promo.......probably reads this forum.

k everyone. Ignore my link! Apparently I am easily duped (still a newbie!) It is fake. :(   :holdbreath: :holdbreath: :holdbreath:

Yeah but I agree it must be from someone here too b/c all the contestants line up!!

It is as the maker says...UNOFFICIAL.

Unofficial intro for The Amazing Race 18 - Unfinished Business

But it is still a great job!!

That is a really good job on the editing. Did someone on here make it?

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »
 :xmas49 Happy Holidays everyone!  :cmaslol  :cmas9

Did anyone else feel sort of offended when CBS showed Toni and Dallas in the TAR 18 preview? I felt that it was bad enough that they aren't back on TAR 18!

"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
:xmas49 Happy Holidays everyone!  :cmaslol  :cmas9

Did anyone else feel sort of offended when CBS showed Toni and Dallas in the TAR 18 preview? I felt that it was bad enough that they aren't back on TAR 18!

Cool signature!

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »
Thanks!  :happy:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline DaNutzki

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »

That's very sad to hear... but honestly, the baby is a much bigger joy than racing on TAR 18! Honestly, there's always a chance that the producers will call them back again for a REAL, MEGA, Allstars. It took Survivor 20 seasons to have an awesome Heroes VS Villians too, right? :kisses

Well why not?  There might another chance for Brook and Claire to be back for a possible real all stars.  Hope that they can race again along with Season 17 Winners Nat and Kat.  I'm rooting them to win for a future All Star Season.  Way the go!

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »
Hi everyone! This is my first post on RFF! Anyway, time to get to the point.
This casting is good overall I suppose.
LOVE: Zev/Justin, Cowboys, Gallory, Goths, Margie/Luke
HATE: Amanda/Kris
NO OPINION: Everyone else.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »

Welcome to RFF! Thanks for reading the thread!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:45:19 PM by The Prophet »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #342 on: January 02, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »

Welcome to RFF!!! I agree with you that. :)
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #343 on: January 02, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
LOVE:
Ronald and Christina
Jen and Kisha
Jaime and Cara
Gary and Mallory
Kynt and Vyxsin

HATE:
Cowboys
Globetrotters
Margie and Luke

Everyone else, meh.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #344 on: January 02, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »

Love them! :hearts:
Jaime/Cara
Kisha/Jen
Margie/Luke
Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Jet/Cord

Okayishh
Amanda/Kris
Zev/Justin

GTFO my screen!!!  :knuckles: (:;) :meow:
Ron/Christina
Kynt/Vxysin
Mel/Mike

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: January 02, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »

Ron/Christina
Kynt/Vxysin
Mel/Mike

Why the Season 12 hate?  :(

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #346 on: January 02, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »

Ron/Christina
Kynt/Vxysin
Mel/Mike

I never really like S12 in the first place. I hated most of the teams that season  :knuckles:

and Mel/Mike were on S14

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: January 02, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »

Ron/Christina
Kynt/Vxysin
Mel/Mike

I never really like S12 in the first place. I hated most of the teams that season  :knuckles:

and Mel/Mike were on S14

Aww..  :(.

Yup, I knew Mel & Mike were from S14, just said S12 since both the teams racing from S12 are on your GTFO list.  :snicker:

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #348 on: January 02, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »
From a personal standpoint, I enjoyed TAR 12 after Lorena and Jason were eliminated. 14 was fun, but I have no desire to see almost half of them again. 15 was great until Cambodia's elimination (friggin' passports) but I got over it in Estonia. 16 was meh to me, though I really liked Steve and Allie and the Cowboys. The only reason more 16 would need to happen is if Season 19 was The Amazing Race: "Killer" Rivalries (i.e. Brandy/Carol vs. Brent/Caite, neither of whom peaked my interest) 17 had a lackluster season overall, but made up for it with the first F/F win. Hopefully, 18 will be great
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #349 on: January 02, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
 :welcome3: to RFF!! StephenWasHere!!!