Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 180128 times)

Offline FabregasPublicist

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
They call it an All-Star season?!? You can't call it an All-Star season without Nathan/Jennifer(the girl who was eliminated on her birthday), Nick/Starr, Toni/Dallas, Ken/Tina, Meaghan/Cheyne, Brian/Ericka, Maria/Tiffany, Canaan/Mika, Brent/Caite, Carol/Brandy, Jordan/Jeff, Nat/Kat and Brooke/Claire.

It is only a half-All-Star season since they included Ron/Chris, Kynt/Vyxsin, Jamie/Cara, Margie/Luke, Jen/Kisha, Jet/Cord and Gary/Mallory.

Hoping to see Gary/Mallory win this season now!!..
What is the worst thing about being you?
It is the fact that you are not ME!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »
They call it an All-Star season?!? You can't call it an All-Star season without Nathan/Jennifer(the girl who was eliminated on her birthday), Nick/Starr, Toni/Dallas, Ken/Tina, Meaghan/Cheyne, Brian/Ericka, Maria/Tiffany, Canaan/Mika, Brent/Caite, Carol/Brandy, Jordan/Jeff, Nat/Kat and Brooke/Claire.

It is only a half-All-Star season since they included Ron/Chris, Kynt/Vyxsin, Jamie/Cara, Margie/Luke, Jen/Kisha, Jet/Cord and Gary/Mallory.

Welcome to RFF, FavrebasPublicist!!
This season may be called a second chances season rather than an All Stars 2!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:43:30 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »
Running Twitter searches...why are so many Indonesian people talking about the race?

Indonesian people are always talking about The Amazing Race on twitter. I think that by law the schools there have to run an Amazing Race for students every week or two. And students are required to tweet about it. ;)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
Running Twitter searches...why are so many Indonesian people talking about the race?

Indonesian people are always talking about The Amazing Race on twitter. I think that by law the schools there have to run an Amazing Race for students every week or two. And students are required to tweet about it. ;)

Interesting...I've never heard of that before. Thanks for the info!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2010, 08:19:36 PM »

One time, in Singapore, a headmaster failed to create an Amazing Race for his school, and he was caned, in front of everyone, in Sentosa Park!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »
By what stretch of the imagination are Maria and Tiffany or Mika and Canaan All Star teams? Maria and Tiffany were average at best, and I wouldn't include Mika unless I wanted to make a "Make everybody quit because they are too afraid to do everything" season.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
They call it an All-Star season?!?

I would just wonder who you mean that they happen to be?
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2010, 10:48:53 PM »
They call it an All-Star season?!?

I would just wonder who you mean that they happen to be?

It wasn't me!! There was a lot of info early on that this might NOT be called an AllStars season. What they end up calling it is in TPTB's hands...I can just say that ALLStars  was not mentioned initially, but may have been heard later. So could go either way. They called TAR 11 AllStars, and there was a huge outcry then that it really wasn't, so who knows??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »
It could easily be called someone else, but they could still call it all stars..........
Here's one of my guesses:
The Amazing Race: The Return of the Racers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2010, 11:10:39 PM »
It could easily be called someone else, but they could still call it all stars..........
Here's one of my guesses:
The Amazing Race: The Return of the Racers

Here it is again.......a frickin pronoun.......who the heck are you talking about????? I am not a mind reader.....who do you mean by they. Can you use a noun please.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2010, 11:18:26 PM »
They, presumably means WRP or CBS, but I'm not a mind reader, either.

I'm pretty convinced from a interview Bert gave some time ago (that he wouldn't do another "All-Stars") that 17 will not be called "All Stars," and CBS isn't going to try to. Return of the Racers is what 11 should have been called, the way it was cast; and that wouldn't be out of line with this season either.

But we had some weird goings on with the Family Edition and the clue envelopes and editing, as if the decision to use "Family Edition" for that season wasn't made until filming was underway, and some of the footage that was aired for that season tended to support that deduction. So it's entirely possible they haven't yet decided what it is going to be called, and whatever it is going to be called will be added in post-production.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:24:51 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »
Production??

Heee....when I first got the proposed cast list my working title was "Revenge of the Racers". :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »
theschnauzer and Peach........I know exactly what you guys mean..........but I have no idea what the other two people mean..........I could assume something........but then again.....I might assume wrong......

I might happen to agree with them.....or disagree with them.......I dont know........LOL........cuz I dont know what the heck they mean and I am not assuming anything......or trying to read minds. I am also not trying to be mean......I just want to understand what they said........is that too much to ask?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2010, 03:23:19 AM »
Production??

Heee....when I first got the proposed cast list my working title was "Revenge of the Racers". :lol:
I'm thinking more along the lines of:
"Nintendo Wii presents: TAR14...and Friends!"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »
It is TAR 18.  Nothing more, nothing less.  :<)  You'll either love it.   :hearts:   Or you won't.  :knuckles:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »
I always thought TAR 18 would be called TAR: Second Chances.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »

But that is spec, right? There is NO evidence either way.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

But that is spec, right? There is NO evidence either way.

I understand that you floated this theory in the first place.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2010, 03:14:09 PM »
And I said on multiple occasions that it was up to TPTB what they end up calling it. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
And I said on multiple occasions that it was up to TPTB what they end up calling it. :tup:

I suppose I was the one who invented the title, but it only makes sense, since they called TAR 11, TAR: All Stars.
I'm mainly just completly bored and frustrated.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:23:57 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Thames Pirate

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »
I like the idea of "second chances," but I'm not thrilled with this cast.

Amanda/Kris:  Boring couple, cast for eye candy and seemed nice enough, but not memorable per se.  Don't really care how they do.
Mel/Mike:  Loved these guys--funny, great attitude with locals, tasks, circumstances, used their heads well during tasks (just not on the gorilla thing)--wanted them to do well
Jaime/Cara:  A bit condescending to locals, which is the first thing to set me against a team.  Cast for eye candy, recast for eye candy and perhaps controversy.  Not a memorable team the first time around.
Zev/Justin:  Funny, brutally honest yet somehow still open-minded.  Sad to see them go the first time, hope they do really well
Ron/Christina:  The man who made the biggest changes over the course of the race and really understood the value of the relationship as a part of the race.  Fun the first time around, curious about the second time around.  I like them more than some, and I wouldn't mind having them in for awhile, though it remains to be seen if I'll root for them fully.
FT/BE:  Funny, understood the race, have character, but when things got too tough they quit.  That annoyed me.  Other than that, though, they were fun, and I wish them well enough . . .
Kynt/Vyxsin:  A cute couple, and I liked them the first time.  I wouldn't mind seeing them do well . . .
Kisha/Jen: I mostly liked them, but they weren't hugely memorable to me, either . . .
Margie/Luke:  I never understood the HUGE popularity this team had the first time around.  Indifferent at best . . .
Gary/Mallory:  Nice enough (though her voice sometimes gets to me, but that's not really her fault), but not terribly exciting . . .
Jet/Cord:  They had their fun/funny moments, but they (well, Jet) occasionally showed hints of nastiness (not cut throat competitiveness, but nastiness)

I would have loved to see:
S12--Nate/Jen, maybe Azaria/Hendekea (I mostly liked this cast, so I wouldn't mind seeing most of them back)
S13--Toni/Dallas, Kelly/Christy (mostly for the nice blend of sass, stupid mistakes, and moments of brilliance), Mark/Bill (funny!), and, because I'm from Eugene, Anita and Arthur (loved this cast, too--they could take most of them and I'd be happy)
S14--They already cast them all, and of all the seasons this was one of my least favorite casts--I'd keep Mel/Mike
S15--They got the teams I liked, though I wouldn't have minded Gary and Matt again
S16--would've loved to see the detectives on again, and I guess the cowboys were okay, but otherwise I wasn't thrilled with this cast.
S17--Nat/Kat and Brooke/Claire are fun, and I wouldn't have minded seeing the Conner/Jonathan again

There are some teams where I never understood the hype (Jordan/Jeff, Margie/Luke, Jet/Cord)--I liked them all well enough, but I just didn't get why they were so incredibly popular.

Oh, and teams cast for eye candy simply annoy me.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:46 AM »
Welcome to RFF, ThamesPirate!
As far as we can tell, here is our current boot list:
1. Amanda and Kris
2. Mel and Mike
3. Jamie and Cara
4. ???
5. ???
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:09:40 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »
Here's my problem. I would have loved this to be an "All-Star" season. By All-Star, I mean top 5-6 teams from previous seasons:

Ron/Christina
Kynt/Vyxsin
Cowboys
Jaime/Cara
Globetrotters
Margie/Luke
Gary/Mallory

Are all good with me. Kisha/Jen are good because they were top 4, but I can't get over the fact that a challenge such as swimming the length of a pool and back was such a struggle with them. They made top 4, but I think that might have been due to a weaker cast of characters.

With those 8 in place, put in Ken/Tina, Dallas/Toni, and Brandy/Carol and you have a race.

I know Brandy/Carol are no longer together, but I think that unless they just had a nuclear-powered breakup, they would be willing to put aside their differences to race again.

jiajia12

« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »

3/4 of your mention teams broke up

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2010, 01:38:09 PM »
Ok, if this is supposed to be a "second chance" edition as some of you are speculating, then the cast still doesn't make sense. Half the teams weren't screwed over in any way. Teams like Jaime/Cara and Jet/Cord simply lost, fair and square. If they use the term "second chance" very loosely, simply meaning teams that didn't win, there are about 30 teams from the last 6 seasons alone who would be better than Amanda/Kris.

Personally, I think they really love TAR14 and think everyone else does, and wanted to do an all star edition with some random TAR14 teams thrown in. Hell, they even had two TAR14 teams as alternates. That's the only way this cast makes any sense.