Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179507 times)

Offline USsoccer

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
Looks like the first 3 eliminations are all TAR14 alumni.  So much for having 5 teams from that season!

This can mostly b contributed 2 probability.
Sorry to tell you that you fell into a fallacy, because the probability for three consecutive S14 teams to be eliminated is close to 6%.

True, but the first three eliminations of a S14 team had probabilities of 45.5%, 40% and 33%. That's still pretty high odds if you are in Vegas...

yeah, but those are individual probablities, you have to multiply each of those, so it really is 6%, because what is being said is that three consecutive S14 teams being eliminated, based on probability, is very low

I really don't want to sound like a smart ass. You are correct, and that was the original topic..., but I just thought I throw a perspective in there... The 6% is correct, and that is a very low number, but it is still a lot higher than any other possible combination of 3 consecutive teams... So with each S14 team eliminated (up until 3) the possibility of another S14 team going out next is still higher than a team from any other season, because there are still more teams of S14 left. In comparison, the odds of one team from each S12, S16 and S17 going out in order is 0.1%. Sorry, I am just really bored with no sightings right now... and I like math!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2010, 06:53:37 PM »
Looks like the first 3 eliminations are all TAR14 alumni.  So much for having 5 teams from that season!

Sorry to tell you that you fell into a fallacy, because the probability for three consecutive S14 teams to be eliminated is close to 6%.

True, but the first three eliminations of a S14 team had probabilities of 45.5%, 40% and 33%. That's still pretty high odds if you are in Vegas...

yeah, but those are individual probablities, you have to multiply each of those, so it really is 6%, because what is being said is that three consecutive S14 teams being eliminated, based on probability, is very low

I really don't want to sound like a smart ass. You are correct, and that was the original topic..., but I just thought I throw a perspective in there... The 6% is correct, and that is a very low number, but it is still a lot higher than any other possible combination of 3 consecutive teams... So with each S14 team eliminated (up until 3) the possibility of another S14 team going out next is still higher than a team from any other season, because there are still more teams of S14 left. In comparison, the odds of one team from each S12, S16 and S17 going out in order is 0.1%. Sorry, I am just really bored with no sightings right now... and I like math!
The probability of the three first consecutive teams eliminated not being from season 14 (without repeating seasons and in any order) is 0.8% while the probability allowing repetitions from the same season is 12.1%, the double of the probability of it being 3 S14 teams in a row.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline USsoccer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »
Looks like the first 3 eliminations are all TAR14 alumni.  So much for having 5 teams from that season!

The probability of the three first consecutive teams eliminated not being from season 14 (without repeating seasons and in any order) is 0.8% while the probability allowing repetitions from the same season is 12.1%, the double of the probability of it being 3 S14 teams in a row.

Right. I didn't write this part right... "lot higher than any other possible combination of 3 consecutive teams." I meant particular teams. Of course there is a higher probability of a non S14 team going out each leg... But as long as the gingers are out I don't really care.... lol!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2010, 08:10:50 AM »
Can FT and BE be eliminated next? :res:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2010, 08:18:51 AM »

:hfive: Me too!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »

:hfive: Me too!

They will most likely b eliminated when they are faced with something mentally challenging.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »
Add the Cowboys to that bootlist, and it'll be a blast! :hearts: :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »

Unfortunately, they aren't the most mental team available either.
At least they're fun 2 watch!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2010, 08:47:53 AM »
I have never understood why all you  dont like FT and BE.......they are fun to watch and Flight Time has been a fan since about Season 1........They play the game fairly and work hard.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2010, 08:59:27 AM »
I have never understood why all you  dont like FT and BE.......they are fun to watch and Flight Time has been a fan since about Season 1........They play the game fairly and work hard.

I don't mind the Globetrotters at all; I was merely making a statement.

I guess everyone just has different teams that they like and dislike.   :js:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2010, 09:01:30 AM »

This.The only negative thing about them was the fact that they gave up and encouraged Mica to give up. other than that they worked hard and got along well whilst remaining optimistic and entertaining. I like em, but then again I like the cowboys who alot of people seem to also hate.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »

It's just like how i never find Dustin and Kandice appealing.... :lol:

I guess we just have different favourites. But i'm glad i'm not the only one standing alone... there're quite a number of people out there who don't like this team.. :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »
Btw......i was never crazy about D/K either......but thanks for the answers.....

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2010, 09:48:19 AM »
Like I was saying, everyone has teams they like and don't like. We are not all the same and have different opinions, I think the Race does a pretty good job of creating casts that appeal to different groups of people. Because of this there will always be teams I don't like and teams I really want to win. These will be different from everyone else's choices. As far as TAR 18 I am pulling for Gary and Mallory and Jet and Cord.  :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2010, 09:49:49 AM »
Btw......i was never crazy about D/K either......but thanks for the answers.....

Back in DK's day, I thought that they were the best option 4 a FF team 2 win, but now, with BC and NK, DK don't seem so appealing.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2010, 09:55:50 AM »

Back in DK's day, I thought that they were the best option 4 a FF team 2 win, but now, with BC and NK, DK don't seem so appealing.

I would rate the three teams in order:

1) DK
2) NK
3) BC

:hearts:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »

This.The only negative thing about them was the fact that they gave up and encouraged Mica to give up. other than that they worked hard and got along well whilst remaining optimistic and entertaining. I like em, but then again I like the cowboys who alot of people seem to also hate.

Rob did the same thing.......quit a roadblock........cuz he knew he couldnt do it...........nobody called him a quitter......he was "strategic." I guess if you have never been to a Globetrotter show.....then you could really think they were being mean to Myka............in real life they are like circus clowns......motivating people to achieve things they think they cant.......lots of CBS editing in that scene with Myka......

If you dont like then.......fine....but I still dont understand all the animosity......maybe cuz they are pretty good at TAR....better than a lot of people favorite teams............lots of jealously is all I can see.

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »

What does everyone have against the Cowboys that they want them out so badly? Their serious competitors! :-[

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
Rob did the same thing.......quit a roadblock........cuz he knew he couldnt do it...........nobody called him a quitter......he was "strategic."

The thing with Romber is that they were either "the best thing that happened to TAR" or "famewhores taking advantage that they're celebrealities, ruining TAR for all the other teams". His quitting the RB was quite controversial because he was trying to manipulate other teams to quit as well, thus generating a lose-lose situation. It was smart in that aspect. But IMO, this kind of mental play seems weird in TAR (like Louie & Michael convincing Brent & Caite to U-Turn Carol & Brandy).

But back to the current cast, it feels kind of weird seeing all the comments of people being glad about the teams that are being eliminated. I feel like this season the fans will be more like "ooh, I hope this team loses" than "I wish this team wins".
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline seattlesleuth2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2010, 11:44:24 AM »
Like I was saying, everyone has teams they like and don't like. We are not all the same and have different opinions, I think the Race does a pretty good job of creating casts that appeal to different groups of people. Because of this there will always be teams I don't like and teams I really want to win. These will be different from everyone else's choices. As far as TAR 18 I am pulling for Gary and Mallory and Jet and Cord.  :hearts:

:ythat:         :rodeo :yourock:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »
 :bigwelcome 2 RFF seattlesleuth!!!
 :yourock:

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »

Rob did the same thing.......quit a roadblock........cuz he knew he couldnt do it...........nobody called him a quitter......he was "strategic." I guess if you have never been to a Globetrotter show.....then you could really think they were being mean to Myka............in real life they are like circus clowns......motivating people to achieve things they think they cant.......lots of CBS editing in that scene with Myka......

If you dont like then.......fine....but I still dont understand all the animosity......maybe cuz they are pretty good at TAR....better than a lot of people favorite teams............lots of jealously is all I can see.

well, that's like the opposite of what happened! "Mika, don't do it! You're gonna hurt yourself" hardly sounds like encouraging...or editing...  And I really dont have that much of a problem with FT... but BE is really really annoying... and dumb... not to mention that the TAR15 overall was a fairly easy course compared to other courses...

but anyway... Jen/Kisha, Gallory, Goths F3! plz

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »
well, that's like the opposite of what happened! "Mika, don't do it! You're gonna hurt yourself" hardly sounds like encouraging...or editing...  And I really dont have that much of a problem with FT... but BE is really really annoying... and dumb... not to mention that the TAR15 overall was a fairly easy course compared to other courses...

Not to mention bringing up "surviving Katrina" around the time of doing the boat-rowing RB in Dubai, as if it's some sort of punchline joke (now) 6 years later. It's the schtick and facade that I dislike about them (along with other teams from the past). I like to see real people running the race with their emotions coming out unexpectedly, not some cookie-cutter semi-celebs who think they are on the race to further their career or because America loves them.

Also, giving up on the easiest RB (in a long time?) is pathetic.

Offline dojima

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Not to mention bringing up "surviving Katrina" around the time of doing the boat-rowing RB in Dubai, as if it's some sort of punchline joke (now) 6 years later. It's the schtick and facade that I dislike about them (along with other teams from the past). I like to see real people running the race with their emotions coming out unexpectedly, not some cookie-cutter semi-celebs who think they are on the race to further their career or because America loves them.

Also, giving up on the easiest RB (in a long time?) is pathetic.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking about them.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
For me, I hate FT/BE and the cowboys equally.

FT/BE never bothered me until the editors started adding in the globetrotter music after about everything they did like it was some huge deal. Then they went over the edge and basicly harrased Mika at the water slide. From that point on, they just became these cocky guys who would do anything to get ahead. Even the altercation with Sam & Dan. Sportsman like my ass. Then after all their antics they give up.

The cowboys just gave me these vibes starting on Leg 2. I don't know why, but something didn't feel right about them. Again, the editors added music in everytime they did something awesome and this time praised their first place finishes like no one had ever done it before. I think the final leg really did it for me wheen they got all pissed off over Dan & Jordan.

For the rest of the teams remaining, may the best one win!