Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 625760 times)

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #2000 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:19 PM »
Woweee, you guys are no joke!

Can't you guys maybe set aside your work on TAR for one season and go find Osama bin Laden instead? Somehow I have a feeling that if anyone could pull it off it would be you guys!

If I were one of the racers and I couldn't figure out where the clue is telling me to go, I think the first place I'd go to in search of the answer is an internet cafe so I could look up the timeline thread. I think you knew where the sign up sheet at the end of the first leg was before the cowboys ever did!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #2001 on: March 29, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
I think you knew where the sign up sheet at the end of the first leg was before the cowboys ever did!

You be correct!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2002 on: March 29, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »
Woweee, you guys are no joke!

Can't you guys maybe set aside your work on TAR for one season and go find Osama bin Laden instead? Somehow I have a feeling that if anyone could pull it off it would be you guys!

If I were one of the racers and I couldn't figure out where the clue is telling me to go, I think the first place I'd go to in search of the answer is an internet cafe so I could look up the timeline thread. I think you knew where the sign up sheet at the end of the first leg was before the cowboys ever did!

It's happened....   :-[

And one of the nicest compliments we ever got here was from the wife of a Police Detecive who asked if we would come help him with some Cold Cases during our downtime!!  This is the MOST amazing team ever!! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2003 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:39 PM »
And saying again, there have been a lot of false spoilers the last couple of seasons trying to throw us off.

The so-called Madrid spoiler was I believe, one of those.

We have lots to look ahead to though!!

now...where is my promo?? :hearts: And one at a time this week please!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2004 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »
Just a little speculation of mine...could TK mentioned by one of the cowboys refer to Team Kentucky a.k.a. Gallory. Mallory was Miss Kentucky so Gallory could be the one referred by the cowboys but I don't think I ever heard nicknaming by cowboys. Gallory is generally used in RFF but the teams racing might give other nicknames....Well, this is only my speculation..:)

Offline fly30

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2005 on: March 30, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »
Hi all,

Long time reader from Madrid...
Just wanted to give my 2 cents regarding the Cowboy sighting in Madrid airport - The 6th of December is a big bank holiday here of us (mainly because we also have the 8th and we turn it in to a very long weekend).

Last December the 3rd there was chaos at all Spanish airports because all air controlers when on strike!! Airports were closed form the evening of the 3rd until well into the night of the 4th... chaos contiuned until at least the 7th of December with the military having to take control of the situation!!! It was a crazy time with hundreds of cancellations everyday and no normality until at least the following week.

I just wanted to add this as another reason why the Cowboy sighting seems strange to me... with air control chaos at that level I very much doubt they would have choose to fly through Madrid around those dates!!

Here's hoping for a really spotting in Madrid soon :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2006 on: March 30, 2011, 11:34:29 AM »
:welcome: to RFF fly30!

Thanks so much for that info! I think that is the kiss of death for that spoiler, so maybe we can finally put it to rest!  :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #2007 on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
Hi all,

Long time reader from Madrid...
Just wanted to give my 2 cents regarding the Cowboy sighting in Madrid airport - The 6th of December is a big bank holiday here of us (mainly because we also have the 8th and we turn it in to a very long weekend).

Last December the 3rd there was chaos at all Spanish airports because all air controlers when on strike!! Airports were closed form the evening of the 3rd until well into the night of the 4th... chaos contiuned until at least the 7th of December with the military having to take control of the situation!!! It was a crazy time with hundreds of cancellations everyday and no normality until at least the following week.

I just wanted to add this as another reason why the Cowboy sighting seems strange to me... with air control chaos at that level I very much doubt they would have choose to fly through Madrid around those dates!!

Here's hoping for a really spotting in Madrid soon :)

Hi, welcome! Never any doubt in my mind that's.

I actually think TAR will head off to Spain for a leg in Madrid and another in Andalusia/Valencia in TAR 19. So much culture and unused potential in the country.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2008 on: March 30, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, fly30! Thanks for helping us clear things up!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2009 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
I hope Caelestor's idea is used by World Race Productions. Spain has been underutilized by past Amazing Races. AR3 used Spain for its highway connections to Algiceras. AR 10 was in Barcelona. That's it, just 2 visits in 18 races. I would love to see Bilbao, Granada, Seville or even Madrid in AR19.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2010 on: March 30, 2011, 01:01:44 PM »
WRP could even take the Race to the possible location of the lost city of Atlantis, that is now a protected marshland in southern Spain, or the location of one of several "memorial cities" said to be replicas that have been uncovered in central Spain.

-- theschnauzers

Offline fly30

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2011 on: March 31, 2011, 06:12:15 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everybody  :hearts:

Agree with all the lost potential in Spain visits... they drove through a bit of the country in TAR 6 (I think) but it all focused more on car problems (the usual Diesel and gear sticks)...

Cities like Madrid, Granada, Seville, Bilbao, Valencia would be great locations...

Back on topic - glad the Cowboy sighting is likely to be false they are my mum's favorites and she would be heartbroken to think she had them so close by and never got a quick look :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2012 on: April 18, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »
:welcome: to RFF crystiluv!!

I am going to move your question over to our question thread here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24737.0.html

Where I am SURE someone can help you out!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2013 on: April 27, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »
From The Futon Critic:

"Sunday, May 8 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE - The final four Teams race through Rio de Janeiro and then to Miami, where the winner of the $1 million prize is revealed. Phil Keoghan hosts."

Read more: Breaking News - CBS Announces May Finale Storylines | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/04/27/cbs-announces-may-finale-storylines-296101/20110427cbs01/#ixzz1KkE1qWW9

As others in the Finale thread (which I read after the fact) have pointed out, note that it says 4 teams, unique for an Amazing Race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2014 on: April 27, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
Don't we expect the fourth team to be eliminated at the Rio pitstop?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2015 on: April 27, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »
I did expect that until the CBS press release arrived. Now I believe that it does not matter if it is 4 teams or 3 that start Ep. 12 in Rio. Somehow, that group of teams will be narrowed until only 2 or at most 3 teams race for the Finish Line.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2016 on: April 27, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »
Somebody goofed.

4 go to RIO.

3 race for the finale.

Guaranteed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Michel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2017 on: April 28, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »
This would be the first finale since season six to do that, right?

Offline lovephillovetar

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2018 on: May 02, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »
what happened to the fast forward? only at leg 11?  :ascared

Offline theamazingracefan100

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2019 on: May 02, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »

NO FF this season

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2020 on: May 02, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »

:welcome2: !!

And that is correct...there were NO FF's on this race.
RFF's Golden Rule: